Compensation for the Issues that we experienced on November 8th and the rewards that were unable to be claimed due to those issues are being sent out via in-game mail on November 15. Alliance War season rewards will be sent out on approximately November 20. Leaving your Alliance prior to this will result in missing out on your season rewards.

Parry after update

Has anyone else noticed that it is harder to parry after this latest update? It isn’t registering like 20% of the time now. Before the update it was only not registering about 5% of the time. It’s not working after some 5 hit combos and before it was working pretty much every time.

Comments

  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Yeah I agree in cases when parry would work it does not work in those same situations anymore.
  • TBJ1118TBJ1118 Posts: 228
    It’s funny as on words everyone is soooo good at this game (“I don’t have bad runs”) and never makes mistakes, yet they complain about content being too hard or rely on parry...
  • Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Posts: 196 ★★
    TBJ1118 wrote: »
    It’s funny as on words everyone is soooo good at this game (“I don’t have bad runs”) and never makes mistakes, yet they complain about content being too hard or rely on parry...

    I can intercept as well, but i choose to mostly parry in AW due to the possibility of lag. I never said I don’t make mistakes. I said I don’t have bad runs. So many haters in these forums lol. I am only asking for feedback. Gtfoh. Like don’t comment on the post if you aren’t here to to contribute to the discussion of parry possibly being off for some reason.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 3,718 ★★★★★
    TBJ1118 wrote: »
    It’s funny as on words everyone is soooo good at this game (“I don’t have bad runs”) and never makes mistakes, yet they complain about content being too hard or rely on parry...

    I can intercept as well, but i choose to mostly parry in AW due to the possibility of lag. I never said I don’t make mistakes. I said I don’t have bad runs. So many haters in these forums lol. I am only asking for feedback. Gtfoh. Like don’t comment on the post if you aren’t here to to contribute to the discussion of parry possibly being off for some reason.

    And you can’t handle people not having an issue with parry when you’re asking for feedback?
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 322 ★★
    Parry has been pretty unreliable (unless you're the AI) for me.

    It has been so unreliable that I've been purposefully practicing playing with no parries at all times.

    The AW/AQ parry window does seem shorter.
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 322 ★★
    When I hear "Parry works fine", I hear "I didn't start playing the game when parry was the way for you to live without damage for a lot longer, so I only parry every once in a while."

    I will admit, I was a massive "parry only" player from back in the time of perfect block synergies. It saved you TONS of money, which is why you can't play that way anymore.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    You guys trying to act smart need to chill out the person who started this thread is not the only one experiencing this you could of just said something like hmm nope for me it is fine but instead you point out different words mix it up and say that to yourself triggering yourself to give a snappy response and then somehow you convince yourself that whatever you say is right but in fact it is just not helpful at all. You guys know who you are...
  • TBJ1118TBJ1118 Posts: 228
    TBJ1118 wrote: »
    It’s funny as on words everyone is soooo good at this game (“I don’t have bad runs”) and never makes mistakes, yet they complain about content being too hard or rely on parry...

    I can intercept as well, but i choose to mostly parry in AW due to the possibility of lag. I never said I don’t make mistakes. I said I don’t have bad runs. So many haters in these forums lol. I am only asking for feedback. Gtfoh. Like don’t comment on the post if you aren’t here to to contribute to the discussion of parry possibly being off for some reason.

    Oh ok, so what’s the difference among those two, “I don’t make mistakes” and “I don’t have bad runs”
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 494 ★★
    Parry was only mastery that could save players from many unbearable damage but they ruined it
    Further they made two masteries like dexterity and MD from which they earning a huge amount of cash all the day
  • Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Posts: 196 ★★
    xNig wrote: »
    TBJ1118 wrote: »
    It’s funny as on words everyone is soooo good at this game (“I don’t have bad runs”) and never makes mistakes, yet they complain about content being too hard or rely on parry...

    I can intercept as well, but i choose to mostly parry in AW due to the possibility of lag. I never said I don’t make mistakes. I said I don’t have bad runs. So many haters in these forums lol. I am only asking for feedback. Gtfoh. Like don’t comment on the post if you aren’t here to to contribute to the discussion of parry possibly being off for some reason.

    And you can’t handle people not having an issue with parry when you’re asking for feedback?


    I can handle people not having an issue with parry lol. People have different phones, routers, internet providers. I don’t get why I have to explain this. It’s simple to say man I’m not having any problems with parry at all. Not I am not having a problem with parries at all and then add in some kind of attack for no reason.
  • Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Posts: 196 ★★
    TBJ1118 wrote: »
    TBJ1118 wrote: »
    It’s funny as on words everyone is soooo good at this game (“I don’t have bad runs”) and never makes mistakes, yet they complain about content being too hard or rely on parry...

    I can intercept as well, but i choose to mostly parry in AW due to the possibility of lag. I never said I don’t make mistakes. I said I don’t have bad runs. So many haters in these forums lol. I am only asking for feedback. Gtfoh. Like don’t comment on the post if you aren’t here to to contribute to the discussion of parry possibly being off for some reason.

    Oh ok, so what’s the difference among those two, “I don’t make mistakes” and “I don’t have bad runs”

    I’m done after this. Making a mistake is singular, having a bad run is a string of mistakes. I honestly can’t believe I have to actually explain this lol. I have been playing this game for about 3 years. You hone your skills over time.


    To everyone else thanks for the actual feedback. I appreciate it.


  • _ASDF__ASDF_ Posts: 1,169 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    TBJ1118 wrote: »
    It’s funny as on words everyone is soooo good at this game (“I don’t have bad runs”) and never makes mistakes, yet they complain about content being too hard or rely on parry...

    I can intercept as well, but i choose to mostly parry in AW due to the possibility of lag. I never said I don’t make mistakes. I said I don’t have bad runs. So many haters in these forums lol. I am only asking for feedback. Gtfoh. Like don’t comment on the post if you aren’t here to to contribute to the discussion of parry possibly being off for some reason.


    Glad your able to prove how awesome you are. Hate to point out the obvious thing here but... if your having trouble perrying, your in the middle of a bad run. So, little buddy, everyone has a bad run from time to time, looks like your human after all.
  • Parry is definitely off. I’ve been noticing it as well, before the update even. Blade and Nebula have abilities that trigger when you perform a parry/well-timed-block and I have triggered their ability multiple times without getting a parry.
  • Parry is definitely off. I’ve been noticing it as well, before the update even. Blade and Nebula have abilities that trigger when you perform a parry/well-timed-block and I have triggered their ability multiple times without getting a parry.

    This

    But I mean come on, parry has been broken for a LONG time. It’s been like years since it’s functioned flawlessly.
  • Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Posts: 196 ★★
    I wasn’t experiencing it before the update, but I was doing 5 hit combos ending with a medium and then parrying after. Before the update the only time I would see parry not proc was when I would do a 4 hit combo, swipe back, and wait to parry. Then it would be off sometimes. So you do 5 hits and then parry?
  • Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Posts: 196 ★★
    Pedrobarra wrote: »
    Parry is definitely off. I’ve been noticing it as well, before the update even. Blade and Nebula have abilities that trigger when you perform a parry/well-timed-block and I have triggered their ability multiple times without getting a parry.

    This

    But I mean come on, parry has been broken for a LONG time. It’s been like years since it’s functioned flawlessly.

    For me it started after 12.0. Then I worked a way around it by using 4 hit combos, swiping back, and then parrying. I took a little break and when I came back, the 4 hit trick wasn’t working so I went back and tried 5 hit again and it seemed to work perfectly up until this update. I am on iPhone 6s Plus though. Maybe the X will fix the issues lol.
  • Goken2345Goken2345 Posts: 483 ★★
    my issue is that I keep seeing parry but they don't get stunned. It happens maybe about 30-40% of the time. And its against various champs not including the ones like BW who lower the chance of parry stunning and not including stun immune or limber nodes.
Sign In or Register to comment.