**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

new loyalty store, my thoughts.

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
edited August 2022 in General Discussion
i was pleasantly suprised when i logged into the game a while ago and saw items like alliance war health potions in the loyalty store (i had been taking a small break from the game before then and didn’t see posts about it) and so now i’m very excited for this new loyalty store.

to put my thoughts into perspective i’m a thronebreaker player who will be getting the option to purchase a full T5CC selector every 41 days. having only 4 rank 3s (and a tech catalyst but no urgency to use that) i’m very happy about this and will absolutely be picking it up ASAP, and overall the store for thronebreaker is a nice touch. however i can also see how paragon players feel hard done by.

both TB and paragon players can buy the same quantity of R4 materials per purchase, however for a paragon they are 250k loyalty cheaper. now this is a big difference in price, however not enough. paragon players already have 3 R4 champions. they already have these resources, and i don’t see why the price is still so high for them. in my opinion for paragon players the quantity should be buffed to 70% of a catalyst meaning that on its own it would take 82 days to generate the resources needed but also reducing the cost to around 300, still needing close to 5 million loyalty per rank up. but the increased quantity for a reduced price would mean that there is more incentive for paragon players, and also the rewards are closer adjusted to the current average loyalty income of the player.

another inherent problem with the store is that it offers a lot of higher end rewards for high prices. now this is good, thinking back to EQ stores many of the best EQs are made becuase you were able to get a 25% T5CC, a full 6* or an awakening gem at the end of the month with your currency, but often a lot of value can come from lower tier, lower price items. for example my personal favourite store in the game balances both excellently, the glory store. every week i can get 10% of a T5CC, 2 T2A and some T5B to boot, but a lot of value in that store comes from items like the T4B or T1A, where i can pick up these items for a low price, hassle free for when i’m running low. for example i only need maybe 50 off percent to form a mutant T5CC (only class i am yet to have apart from cosmic but i used a gem on knul etc), i don’t need a full selector and i feel the value for me will come from the cavalier option of 25% selectors for a lower price. i will still be picking up the T5CC but only because i currently have the loyalty for it, it will be helpful to my account but it is quite inflexible, and i think
if the loyalty store was not just a “here these are the best rewards we’re willing to give players if your level but you have to grind for them” situation but a more “here are some high tier rewards for when you have a large boost/want to save for them but in the meantime here are some smaller rewards for a lower price”. then it would be greatly improved.

i’m sure kabam will be constantly updating this store (hopefully every season 🤞) but in the meantime this is definitely going to be great for players who didn’t spend their compensation loyalty and plain useless for everyone else.

edit: i do also know that T2A and T5B will be available for a low price by lower tier rewards i mean the T1A, T4B, T4CC that is still needed for rank ups but many just run low on.

Comments

• Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Did I read correct that they are limiting access to class power boosts?
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Yup, one a week.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Yup, one a week.
    For me, that stinks. Basically I do AW to get Loyalty so I can get power boosts, which I find a lot of fun to use in questing.

Would be nice to understand this change, but Kabam rarely reveals its intentions.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

Yup, one a week.
    For me, that stinks. Basically I do AW to get Loyalty so I can get power boosts, which I find a lot of fun to use in questing.

Would be nice to understand this change, but Kabam rarely reveals its intentions.
    Yup I agree. Personally I’m using Color boosts more in questing then war but now it’ll be saved for war only. Not a very player friendly change unfortunately
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    I think thronebreaker should get the 6* awakening gem crystal and paragon should get generic 6* awakening gem
  • Options
    Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 267 ★★★
    Side note/thoughts: If loyalty is going to be used to be able to purchase rank up materials as a resource apart from boosts/potions related to AW, it needs to be dissociated with AQ tickets costs, replace the ability to buy aq tickets with loyalty with glory.
  • Options
    Vergeman78Vergeman78 Posts: 132 ★★
    Why dissociate it? It’s up to the player to decide what they want to use it on. If, for them, it’s makes sense to use it for tickets, why would you want to stop them?
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian

Why dissociate it? It’s up to the player to decide what they want to use it on. If, for them, it’s makes sense to use it for tickets, why would you want to stop them?

Kabam have separated both stores and activities, thematically it makes no sense. Equally the alternative is gold/bc/units, so the sensible thing to do would be to remove the entry costs entirely.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,549 ★★★★★
    Kappa2g said:

Side note/thoughts: If loyalty is going to be used to be able to purchase rank up materials as a resource apart from boosts/potions related to AW, it needs to be dissociated with AQ tickets costs, replace the ability to buy aq tickets with loyalty with glory.

Very valid point. Pretty sure kabam had said previously (with the movement of aw potions to loyalty instead of glory store) that they wanted to keep the AQ currency (glory) usable to AQ related stuff and the AW currency (loyalty) to be used on AW related stuff. Definitely makes no sense to have AQ tickets purchased by loyalty.