**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Best team/strategy for Gauntlet?

KiptonadeKiptonade Posts: 223 ★★★
edited August 2022 in Strategy and Tips
Didn’t do any last time so open to all ideas
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,171 ★★★★★
    Where is the list of rewards? I have looked all over this website.
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    I’m going with Tigra, CGR and probably some synergy for my 3rd
  • KiptonadeKiptonade Posts: 223 ★★★
    Would Kitty with Tigra do well?
  • Phillip14233Phillip14233 Posts: 576 ★★★
    edited August 2022
    Magneto, AA, Aegon, torch, and someone else who you think would work. That’s what I did last time
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

I'm quaking most of it 😂

that is an excellent reminder. I quaked most of the omega boss rush, I'm going to quake as much of this as I can. Gonna have to practise a bit.
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★

I’m going with Tigra, CGR and probably some synergy for my 3rd

Oh the gauntlet is back. Ignore everything I just said.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,171 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Here’s a screenshot from last year

Thanks. Didn't realize it was the same.
  • VegetaNoOujiVegetaNoOuji Posts: 57
    Malreck04 said:

I'm quaking most of it 😂

that is an excellent reminder. I quaked most of the omega boss rush, I'm going to quake as much of this as I can. Gonna have to practise a bit.
    Can do it pretty much itemless with quake and counters for fights she can't do. The cost? Your thumbs. 650k health pools suck for quake.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/267540/my-gauntlet-run#latest

If anyone is interested I wrote up my run last time it was here. I used quake, and she was really useful, I used her for 8 out of the 20 path fights.

This time, I’ll be going in with a much different team and one without quake, not sure who I’ll be bringing just yet!
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Haven’t gone through the nodes yet, but I imagine if it’s like last year Magneto will be valuable. I’ll probably try Mags, Herc, Heal block/reverser, Evade Counter, and debuff champ.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,125 ★★★★★
    Quake
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    It is endless attempts allowed?
    ChiliDog said:

It is endless attempts allowed?

It permanently So but can only get the rewards ones
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    Thanks!
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,745 ★★★★★
    New champs like Herc didn't exist last time this came around. Wonder how he'll do.
    Buttehrs said:

New champs like Herc didn't exist last time this came around. Wonder how he'll do.

For the first fight not god
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    I only vaguely remember taking in Apoc, Cable, AA for sure. I can’t remember if I took in Magneto and maybe Gambit as well?
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Taskmaster
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,238 ★★★★
    Remember doing most of it with Aegon and the heavy hit method. Revived a lot but cleared fights fast and easy.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    edited August 2022
    In the past I did Quake / Apoc / Aegon / Corvus Glaive / Cable.
    With that team, the most trouble I had were with Spider-Ham, Dragon-Man, and Mojo.

Aegon and Corvus Glaive seemed to play the role of just nuking down the enemies healthpool.

Now in 2022, since Hercules can easily fill that nuke role, makes me wonder what are some other good champions. A Kitty Pryde phase could be another way to handle those Energize nodes.