**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What will you do if you experience this?

The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★
Being an avg player (not arena grinder, not the ones who spend 20 hrs per day in mcoc, not the ones in platinum and higer alliances, and not whales)
What will you do if your last 8 6 star pulls are as follows -

1. Kamala khan
2. Red skull dupe
3. Kamala dupe
4. Hulkbuster
5. Vtd
6. Drax
7. Moon knight
8. Drax dupe
Cause that's my luck and collecting 80k 6 star shard is no joke for me even though i am TB. It took atleast 4-5 months for me to get that many 6 star crystals.

My only question is why so much rng is involved? Some of the above are from carina challenges and it feels extremely frustrating that reward from carina challenge worth of difficultly contents depends totally on rng.

I am on 7.2.1 and my roster 95% it depends on 5 stars.

Comments

• SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    I'll spend all my units on cav crystals and start saving up again. that's what I'd do
  • The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★

I'll spend all my units on cav crystals and start saving up again. that's what I'd do

I am not arena grinder i dont have luxury or any wish to throw units on an even more rng dependent crystal. I generally have 300 400 units in my acc.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Being an avg player (not arena grinder, not the ones who spend 20 hrs per day in mcoc, not the ones in platinum and higer alliances, and not whales)

Lemme just address these two parts, because the middle section can be summed up as “RNG”. Everyone goes through bad patches of it. Everyone. The reason you think Whales and higher tier players aren’t subject to this is for a couple of reasons. One, they open more crystals because they spend more or earn more from being in higher alliances. Two, they don’t complain as much when they go through a few bad pulls.

Now, being an average player also by your definition, I only grind arena when I need to for units for the big deals, I don’t play 20 hours a day, never been in a Platinum alliance (well for about 20 minutes we were in Plat 4 before the other alliances scores came in) or even touched Map 7 or higher. Our RNG is exactly the same as everyone else’s.

Also 95% of roster depends on 5*, good. It’s almost like 5* can still be used in high end content and aren’t irrelevant. They should be ranked up to fill in holes that your roster currently have. I used 5* champs through both EoPs, and through the Gauntlet both the first time it came out and this time as well. I used exclusively 5* for my first abyss run. I used 5* Ultron to take on the 7.4 Superior Kang to great success.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    I'd be curious to see your roster. There may be some gems in there, even as 5* and if that is your entire 6* roster, it's not that big to begin with.

HB is solid and comes in handy as a synergy member for Ultron. Mine is R3 and puts in work every month for CAV eq with his easy access to shock and the quick build up for the eq furies.

If you haven't done the Tech/xl variant, there you go. Great counter for the Kang boss too.

I had garbage 6* til about my 20th pull, then 3 really good ones from 4rh of July deals and that got things going. I still rank some 5*. Just took up 5* HulkRag for the gauntlet and I have 90+ 6* and am close to Paragon. Rank champs for content, not their number of stars.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Rank them all
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I mean, I just took down 7.4.6 kang, and pulled two gamora dupes from the 6* shards. Like, popped them both and just had one champ as the results. Sometimes the crystals just suck.

The nexus was OML (new), Electra (new), or 20 sig levels on Herc. I took the sigs. Take what you can get, I guess?

To be fair, I did pull and dupe kitty from side quest cavs the day before that, so my luck is a little more balanced than yours.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    HB may be my next 6r3.
  • Foster04Foster04 Posts: 90
    Adok said:

I hate this image. This is a mindset people have to keep wasting time and money on useless things. Like, try and apply this to someone gambling and it doesn't sound as good.
  • 007Bishop007Bishop Posts: 352 ★★★
    edited August 2022

What will you do if your last 8 6 star pulls are as follows -

1. Kamala khan
    2. Red skull dupe
    3. Kamala dupe
    4. Hulkbuster
    5. Vtd
    6. Drax
    7. Moon knight
    8. Drax dupe
    Cause that's my luck and collecting 80k 6 star shard is no joke for me even though i am TB. It took atleast 4-5 months for me to get that many 6 star crystals.

My only question is why so much rng is involved? Some of the above are from carina challenges and it feels extremely frustrating that reward from carina challenge worth of difficultly contents depends totally on rng.

Hulkbuster is great. VTD is decent.

My last few pulls were:
    Moonknight, Elektra, Ant-Man, Guillotine, Taskmaster, Purgatory, Rhino, Elsa and Elsa dupe (duped her on the same day I got her but not too upset about it. She's fun)

Bad RNG is a part and parcel of this game. There's gonna be times where you'll pull multiple good champs in a row. It's a game. Have fun and rank up and use champs that you like. You won't always be guaranteed a beyond god tier champ.

Like @BitterSteel said, invest resources in good champs you otherwise wouldn't rank up because you keep pulling better ones. I haven't really had any luck pulling good tech champs so I'm now gonna r3 HTD next. He's not the best tech champ but he's very solid and fun to play with. I wouldn't bother taking him up had I pulled an Ultron or Nimrod.
  • SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 898 ★★★
    Just hang in there mate. I believe you get god tier 1 out of 10 times, so you are only 2 6* away from your next dream pull… good luck!
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,397 ★★★★★
    Keep playing
  • UnidentifiedCreatureUnidentifiedCreature Posts: 589 ★★★
    honestly, vtd and hulkbuster are the ones id invest in. meme value aside, they're genuinely good characters with tons of uses. however, these are merely six stars, so i wouldn't be too upset either cuz if you're at the point where you can open 8 of those 6 star crystals, you probably have lots of great 5 stars already.

all that aside too, the first few 6 and 5 star pulls for many progressing players are very hit or miss because they're so rare, so i get why you feel that way and i personally have been in that scenario more times than id like to admit

besides, there's also the factor of chance. you've already pulled 2 great characters, you're bound to pull a few more good ones as time progresses, and who knows how many of the sub par or even terrible champions in your roster could be buffed in the near future
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Last 10 I pulled, then my 11th was Apoc(new).

• TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    I wouldn’t mind just because of that Hulkbuster. I love my R4 five star and if I got a 6 star version I would love to make him my first R3
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 798 ★★★★
    edited August 2022
    Hulkbuster is an easy r3.
    Kamala to r2 and do the 6.2 kamala vs champion challenge (if not done already)
    If variants are not done, HB can easily roll through the tech and XL variant.