**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

..how am I supposed to become thronebreaker..

nephewstewnephewstew Posts: 25
edited August 2022 in Strategy and Tips
When beating the grandmaster relies on hum throwing his sp1 and he refuses to trow a special unless i dash forward and eat the special in my face ..like this is so frustrating and ridiculously unfair in so many ways..more than 1500units 15 team revives 15 level 2 5 level 3 so many potions and only 2 4 million taken from over 9 million total points. I just don't know what to do ..I can't quit the fight I have way too much invested ..and $100 says if I file a ticket I ain't getting none of it back or anything but an excuse ..kabaam if ur watching what would u do if u were in any of our shoes ..or do u even play the game..what's the point of playing if I can't progress
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I only ever took GM down once, and I still argue he won’t the fight. The last phase really owned me, I ended beating him because I brought a champ capable of doing ok damage out of the wounded phase. I was exhausted, and actually took a break midway.

Both act 7 Kangs I was able to suss the rules out, and eventually dominate. GM not so much. The rules are there, it’s a fair fight, I just struggled to master them.

But don’t get caught in sunk cost. How many until does it take to redo the lane to get back to him to try again?
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    U should've practiced more against him by restarting the quest instead of investing so much in ur first ever run
  • DoosraDoosra Posts: 359 ★★★
    Try act 4 maestro, you can defeat him
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

I'm surprised no one has asked yet: who'd you bring for the fight? Your champs make a big difference based on the rules/phase you are in.

For example, Doom and Hercules are great and can handle all of the rules/prompts. Herc is also great for the last phase.

How is hercules good for the dmg over time prompt? 🤔
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    lol
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★

I'm surprised no one has asked yet: who'd you bring for the fight? Your champs make a big difference based on the rules/phase you are in.

For example, Doom and Hercules are great and can handle all of the rules/prompts. Herc is also great for the last phase.

Yo everybody is jumping on this thread like a Rage Room it’s hilarious to watch.

Kudos to you for being constructive tho 👍🏼
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,154 ★★★★★

Keep trying. Quit out for now.
    Post roster.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Watch videos. My first time against him was atrocious. My subsequent runs got better and better. I 3 revived my final run a long time ago. I probably would stink it up again since I haven’t fought him in forever. He requires knowing the phases, knowing how to react to them and practice.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    It’s a tough fight, it cost me a fortune first time I did it when it was released and since then I always advised people to have ~1000 units or so in case it goes horribly wrong.

Unfortunately if you’ve not got a handle on the mechanics, which evidently you haven’t, throwing more money at it isn’t the solution.

What I did after my initial clear was to do a path, then practice each of the Grandmaster’s phases until I was confident in it. If you have ‘connection issues’ you can do this almost indefinitely every 20 minutes or so, which will also give you time to cool off which you must need as I dare say you’re not playing that well if you add the frustration into the mix.

Good options for the Grandmaster are:
    Doom, Herc, CapIW, Sinister, Prof X, Emma, Corvus (especially awakened for last phase), Apoc.

There’s a lot of good options tbh but I think you need to take a step back.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 757 ★★★
    my first run through... I struggled... a lot.

"Fortunately" I was using a fairly ramped up Aegon (who then became fully ramped up over course of the fight), and eventually... I just brute did whatever damage I could... and revive... typically only doing 3 percent a run. Sometimes I'd get the dex... and even get him wounded... but took a good 25 revives that first time.

It was bad enough that I ended up just skipping the last week of Summer of Pain. I had no interest in doing that 6 more times.

Eventually I did act 6 exploration... I did it the "right way"... still took like 10 revives each time.

The act 7 bosses in general are much easier. A few still take some learning curve... but once you do them 1-2 times... are solo-able or at least itemless.
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★
    Lovejoy72 said:

I only ever took GM down once, and I still argue he won’t the fight. The last phase really owned me, I ended beating him because I brought a champ capable of doing ok damage out of the wounded phase. I was exhausted, and actually took a break midway.

Both act 7 Kangs I was able to suss the rules out, and eventually dominate. GM not so much. The rules are there, it’s a fair fight, I just struggled to master them.

But don’t get caught in sunk cost. How many until does it take to redo the lane to get back to him to try again?

You should go back and retry it, you might surprise yourself and actually enjoy the fight. I know I powered through my first run, spent a lot of units and revives and vowed to never return, I decided to revisit it a week or so ago (some 12 months on from first run) and I thoroughly enjoyed it, got him down with my team and needed zero items
  • Bryce_BAMBryce_BAM Posts: 45
    My initial reaction: Poor guy is having a tough time with tough content. Let's see what criticisms he has.

Me when I finished reading the post:

• VegetaNoOujiVegetaNoOuji Posts: 57
    edited August 2022
    Did you try pulling him to one side and politely asking him to throw the specials?

That, or you know, watch some tips and such. Or come back when you're more prepared.
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,252 ★★★★
    I might have a better roster and have 5 6* at rank3 but am still cavalier.. why?!? I know my skill is very shaky and long fights are not my thing.. hence I have not committed to pursuing Thronebreaker.. I am not sure what to suggest.. I guess you aren't ready and now stuck... unitman to the rescue (not the advice you want but if you have deep pockets.. maybe) not quiting until you beat him is probably not an option since you can do other content for rank up resources.. which is what I do.. slowly I form tier5 class catalyst and rank3 the 6* champion I like (I only need to get a run through Act6 for Thronebreaker).
    The control issue is another reason I chose not to go through it (I don't want to get frustrated and annoyed)

I really hope you can pull it off..
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★
    psp742 said:

I might have a better roster and have 5 6* at rank3 but am still cavalier.. why?!? I know my skill is very shaky and long fights are not my thing.. hence I have not committed to pursuing Thronebreaker..

Wow ... I guess I was too stubborn.
    My team was four 5-Star max + one 5-Star rank 4 and I had another bonus champ allowed by the game, Unitman.
  • I have moved this thread to Strategy as it would be more constructive to use this thread for tips and advice on how to become thronebreaker. Sharing your roster and getting feedback would be a solid start. Best of luck!
  • ChiefMufasaChiefMufasa Posts: 12

Funny all of you guys making fun of him like you have never been stuck on a fight and didn't run to youtube for help

I mean that’s the point of practicing and learning the fight before spending over 1k units and then complaining about the struggle when no practice was put in.