**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Grandmaster Gauntlet

MackeyMackey Posts: 1,549 ★★★★★
edited August 2022 in Strategy and Tips
Hi all, can someone give me some tips for my run in this? I will post my roster below, really cant seem to commit to a team haha. I'm Fully stocked on potions (or rather the level 1 2 3 ones) and have 20 L1 revives in my overflow as well as a handful of level 2 revives.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options

• Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    It depends on which direction you’re going on who your main attacker is. Both Herc and Kitty are solid options, especially if you have Tigra along for Kitty synergy.

I’d suggest you start planning for the run by deciding who your main attacker is, then see which fights can’t be taken by that champ, then plan the other team around.

Some of my alliance mates just used Herc for almost all fights, even iAbom/Mojo/Korg etc. Spent some revives but isn’t a big issue imo.

You can consider Herc / Apoc / HT then plan further from them.

(For reference, for myself, I brought Kitty / Tigra / AA / iAbom / Ghost.)
  • Options
    xNig said:

It depends on which direction you’re going on who your main attacker is. Both Herc and Kitty are solid options, especially if you have Tigra along for Kitty synergy.

I’d suggest you start planning for the run by deciding who your main attacker is, then see which fights can’t be taken by that champ, then plan the other team around.

Some of my alliance mates just used Herc for almost all fights, even iAbom/Mojo/Korg etc. Spent some revives but isn’t a big issue imo.

I think herc will be my main one as hes r4, kitty and tigra was definitely contenders but wasn't 100% on how useful they would be in there but you've kinda confirmed that for me now ha. My issue is I don't have the time to read through each fight and plan accordingly, ill have to do the quest over the space of a week as it is haha how crucial is torch? I'm not a massive fan of him compared to other science champs.

thanks for taking the time to respond!
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Mackey said:

xNig said:

I think herc will be my main one as hes r4, kitty and tigra was definitely contenders but wasn't 100% on how useful they would be in there but you've kinda confirmed that for me now ha. My issue is I don't have the time to read through each fight and plan accordingly, ill have to do the quest over the space of a week as it is haha how crucial is torch? I'm not a massive fan of him compared to other science champs.

No problem.

I don’t think torch is essential tbh. You’d use him for mainly Doom that AA can handle as well (might need a revive for 2 given the block damage).

Kitty + Tigra is just insane OP. You’d be able to solo quite a few fights with Kitty if you don’t throw specials. I took OGV with her. Just sp3 then rank his sp3, and you’re golden. Modok was with her too as you stay unblockable (so no auto blocks).

Tigra can take BPcw DM Thing etc.

I think you might need someone for iAbom so you MIGHT need to bring Ultron since you don’t have too many poison immunes, and Void is.. Void. Gonna be a painful fight regardless.
  • Options
    xNig said:

Mackey said:

xNig said:

No problem.

I don’t think torch is essential tbh. You’d use him for mainly Doom that AA can handle as well (might need a revive for 2 given the block damage).

Kitty + Tigra is just insane OP. You’d be able to solo quite a few fights with Kitty if you don’t throw specials. I took OGV with her. Just sp3 then rank his sp3, and you’re golden. Modok was with her too as you stay unblockable (so no auto blocks).

Tigra can take BPcw DM Thing etc.

I think you might need someone for iAbom so you MIGHT need to bring Ultron since you don’t have too many poison immunes, and Void is.. Void. Gonna be a painful fight regardless.
    Well I think 4th spot is going to be AA then, wouldn't AA handle ibom? Albeit with some revives if need be but I have farmed loads of them so I don't mind if I end up using every last one tbh.

I have seen AA can take Sassy too so I'd probably just try work in an evade counter .. maybe apoc for that horseman too 🤔
  • Options
    Berlad8Berlad8 Posts: 114
    For my run i used Apoc,Kitty,Spidey99,ghost,Prof-x.

I soloed all the Mystics on the quest (except doom) with Spidey99. plus he is one of the best option for Thanos. so you can use him instead of Torch.

With Kitty you can handle Terrax+Vision without any issues.

Apoc is great for doom+all the evade champs+mutants+Modok,BP,Killmonger,and fury.

So all 3 of them can handle at least 70% of the quest.

Just add Tigra and Herc to the team and you have a great team.
  • Options
    Thanks all, think I'm going to go with apoc, AA, kitty, tigra and herc.

I'll be here in a week or so with my reward pulls 🤣🤣🤣

• Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,165 ★★★★★
    Mackey said:

Good team. Just have fun with Weapon X.
  • Options

Mackey said:

Good team. Just have fun with Weapon X.
    I dont generally have issues fighting him but you saying this has me wondering if there is some rather infuriating node on him 🙈😂
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Herc, Kitty, AA, HT then whatever you like. I took Ghost but Tigra/Mags/Namor could also work.
  • Options
    edited August 2022

Herc, Kitty, AA, HT then whatever you like. I took Ghost but Tigra/Mags/Namor could also work.

What was your approach to the evade champs? I notice you did list an anti evade 🤔

Edit .. I guess AA can shut them down 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    So got it done last night ... wasn't the prettiest run in the world but also didn't go as bad as I thought it would either.

My run went as follows .... all items was farmed so zero units spent.

Doom - Apoc (solo)

Terrax - Tigra ... done about 90% with her and finished off woth apoc

Vision - Herc (solo)

Modok - Herc 3 L1 revive

Spiderham - Apoc (ramped his evade counter, annoying fight tbf 3 L1 revives)

Weapon X - AA as horseman, finished off with Apoc to get charges back

Thing - Kitty (Solo)

Korg - apoc 3 level 3 revives

Dragonman - used everyone for this one but kitty did most work with her phasing, 1 team revive + 4 Level 2 revives (definitely most annoying fight for me)

BPCW - Apoc (solo)

Nightcrawler - easy af solo with apoc

Spidergwen - same as above

Domino - Apoc 2 level 2 revives

Mojo - AA/Apoc/Kitty used 2 level 1 revives for AA

Ibom - AA 3 level 1 revives (played shocking on this one though)

Apoc - threw the rest of my team at him but apoc did the most work 2 team revives

Sasquatch - AA 2 level 3 revives

Killmonger - Apoc 2 level 2 revives

Void - Herc 3 level 1 revives

NF - apoc but then swapped out for herc 3 level 1 revives and 2 level 3 revives

Thanos - throwing my team at him and used 4 team revives before I figured out what was going on then just used 6 level 2 revives on herc

Overall, there was a lot of mistakes I made but it wasn't as bad as abyss IMO and I reckon I'd do much better on a second run, that said if I can do it then I'm sure anyone can 😂

No rewards opening though, saving shards for QS haha

• Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★
    I was thinking of doing a version of your team @Mackey, r4 sig 200 herc, r3 kitty, r3 nimrod, r3 torch, r3 apoc.

Decided to revisit my team for the first run off this; I'm more informed now, to a degree. Used 5/65 sig 200 aegon, Heimdall, prox, r3 corvus for the power shield nodes and r3 nimrod. 30% green boost and 15% attack for the whole run.

All aegon unless mentioned. Ramped up aegon on doom (yes, doom) to about 150 combo, using 7 revives. Did terrax in 2 revives with aegon. Vision in one. Solo modok and ham, ramped up to 950 combo on weapon x with 8 revives (silly not banking combos under 200...), Then nimrod Solo, Solo thing, 6 on Korg, 1 on DMan, 2 on bwcv (corvus charge as forgot on vision), 2 on nightcrawler (2 more corvus charges), 1 gwenpool, 2 on domino (just corvus), 3 mojo (corvus again), 1 team revive, iabom solo, apoc 1 revive, sasquatch 3 revives (forgot about lifecycle...), KM 2 revives, void 3 revives and 1 team, Nick solo, Thanos, no revives; team effort.

Think that's about 5 more single revives, but 4 less team revives. BUT... I used 210 TB 4 hour crystals plus about 40 lv3 heals in the stash, so healed to almost full on nearly every revive. No units, all farmed/stash.

Aegon and Heimdall MVPs.

Think ours are both pretty typical for runs, so.....

What was the point of posting?

If anyone has 5/65 aegon (which most TBs will) Heimdall and prox of any variety and counters for weapon x and corvus, you can do gauntlet relatively inexpensively.

Good luck to anyone reading this!! 😉😁
  • Options
    Oh I used a lot of potions too but didn't note which ones and how many 😂

Glad you got yours done 👌
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Mackey said:

did you typically heal to full after each revive?
    With Herc specifically, cause I am wondering about either (1) revive, take advantage of immortality to do most damage possible, repeat. or (2) revive, heal up, play smart.
  • Options
    altavista said:

Mackey said:

did you typically heal to full after each revive?
    With Herc specifically, cause I am wondering about either (1) revive, take advantage of immortality to do most damage possible, repeat. or (2) revive, heal up, play smart.
    Not to full no, herc I used none on though tbh as I found him much more useful while unblockable/immortal. I utilised his sig to drop the champ as low as possible and finished off with another but Generally I topped up level 1 revives with potions for other champs to keep them around 40% health when going into the fight.