**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why was Act 6 Buffed?

The champs are ridiculous now in act 6. All are around or above 30K, and super aggressive. Also, when I preview, to see which champs to bring, the defenders are roughly 3 times smaller. WTH?

Everyone says it was nerfed, but I watched Seatin’s original videos, from when he first explored act 6, and all the champs are smaller, less aggressive, and there were no glitches, (Dropped inputs or parry issues).

The way it looks now, I will never be able to explore act 6. There’s always some miraculous defensive attack out of nowhere, and I’m dead with an equally miraculous combo.

I’m open to being wrong, but this seems impossible, without revives. It this a pay wall, to force us to use revives?

I’ve been playing for 2 years as a whale, and I have some of the best 6*’s in the game, but I can’t even consider taking on act 6.

My top awakened 6* Champs:
Herc: R4
Sabretooth R3
Doom R3
Silver Surfer R3
Kitty Pride R3
RMags R3
Apoc R3
AA R3
Bishop R3
BWCV R3
BWDO R3
Venom R3
Storm R3
Spider-Ham R3
Hit Monkey R3
Ultron R3
Sunspot R3
I-Hulk R3
Corvus R3

I would think I should be Able to destroy act 6, but nope.

Any guidance would be appreciated. I’m very down about the game

Thanks!

Comments

• Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    Mate I recently explored act 6 and it is no closer to the level of difficulty it used to be…
    I did most of it without revives only used a few on GM fight and 6.3 cap. Rest was cakewalk! I even took the champion boss with 3 nodes each without a sweat!
    Before the nerf even completion was a pain!
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    With that roster, the problem doesn’t lie with act six. I have six-seven r3’s and most of act 6(exploration) was just crazy easy. Few problems in 6.3 but still manageable.
  • VegetaNoOujiVegetaNoOuji Posts: 57
    The only fight that's harder than it was on launch was Cap IW. Come on now, it's a cake walkcompared to back then.
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    @Pete_Niko
    You are correct, the PI values (6.1 in particular) did go up.
    This was because the Hit Points of the champs went up.
    Kabam said they did this, because they were averaging out the Hit Points for the paths.
    Less champs on one path, led to increased hit points per champ and higher PI on that path.

Summoners that 100% the early days/early parts of Act 6 are less aware of this.

There are other changes that make it easier (lower attack values, nodes that allow champ replacement, fewer nodes), but most of that is 6.2, 6.3, 6.4.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Bruh wtf. When it comes to god tiers your roster is better than mine I struggle to find good champs and you’ve got them all. Now when it comes to ranked up champs of course mine is better I have 3 r4 champs and will have a 4th after this EOP.

Now on to you… your problem lies within your skill as everyone has said. Herc at rank 4 should be able to steam roll all of act 6 except a few fights here and there. With your roster back even before the nerf it would have been do-able with minimal unit spend, probably just stash used. Now with that roster I guarantee 60% or more of folks who cleared it pre nerf would 1-2 revive each quest all 6 paths

As a lot have said stop spending your money on the game and start spending your time getting better. Or if you chose to keep your way of spending don’t make false claims of act 6 being buffed when it wasn’t.
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    @Pete_Niko
    on the getting hit thing.
    You are correct, old videos are before the controls issue, and you could play perfectly.

Now we have bad controls.
    Current videos do show guys getting hit.
    This multi-million company has been unable to solve basic control issues for over a year.
    Some people believe it is actually working as intended (Continuously Variable Defense hit boxes interacting with Continuously Variable Offense speed).

Despite that, the controls are better than most other fighting games.
    The art, character complexity, game feel, etc are still amazing.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    @Pete_Niko I'm going to try and help you on your understanding, but the key thing you need to understand is that many of us have been playing for 5, 6, 7 years. When I was 2 years into the game, the game still revolved around 4 stars and a 5* r4 was extremely rare and top champ you could get.

The game has changed dramatically since then, it's so much easier to get way higher champs and there are so many more op and better champs back. Why is this important? This of us who learned to play years ago had to learn how to play the game well, we had to master parry, intercept, heavy bait, special bait, reparry, etc.

Now someone can buy a few offers, get crazy op champs ranked very high and just strong arm their way through content without mastering the basics. Eventually this method catches up because at a point in the game you can't just muscle through everything with champs way strong than what the content was originally made for.

At this point when this happens to people, they have similar frustrations as you do. The best advice that can be given has already been given by many. Basically, you need to get back to basics, watch some yt vids, understand nodes, learn best counters on defenders and certain nodes, practice the fundamentals.

Take a step back for a bit, maybe explore earlier content with weaker champs as others suggested and force yourself to enhance your skills instead of muscling through it.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 765 ★★★
    Ist here a specific fight you are having problems with?

Your roster isn't the problem. I'm not going to go as far as say skill like some above (but it certainly could be)... it may be that there are counters / interactions you aren't familiar with.

After identifying that... youtube is a great source for help, as will be your alliance mates and if all else fails... the trolls in this forum.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Alright here’s the answer you’re looking for: the last changes were technically rebalances, not nerfs. “Health pools were retuned according to a target health pool split up between the average number of path fights inside a Quest.”