Options

DDHK Signature Ability is Broken [merged]

RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,820 ★★★★★
edited August 2022 in Bugs and Known Issues
My 6-star R3 DDHK is sig 150, so that means I should take 90% reduced damage from Passive Degen and Direct Damage while Attacking in Stick’s Apprentice.

In the GIF below, I am taking full Direct Damage from Red Skull as I Attack in Stick’s Apprentice:

My 3-star R4 DDHK is sig 99, so that means I should take 100.01% reduced damage from Passive Degen and Direct Damage while Attacking in Stick’s Apprentice.

In the GIF below, after I transition from Murdock Boy to Stick’s Apprentice, I still take full Passive Degen as I Attack:

Not working as intended Kabam.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2022
    I mean, what more can one say. This character is hands down the most bugged champion in the game. If there was a tier list for such a thing DDHK would sit at the top, and if Kabam keep this up that’s about the only place where DDHK will shine in the contest.

Let me start off by saying that I intended to create a guide for DDHK, today, to increase community awareness about this man’s utility. The first piece of utility I decided to demonstrate revealed quite the bug. It is a critical bug, as it hampers his utility, which is the only thing he has seeing as Kabam decided not to give him damage.

The issue:

“Attacks reduce the opponent’s Defensive Ability Accuracy by 65%.” Attacks.

But what is happening? This piece of utility currently only responds to Heavy Attacks.
    Not ALL Attacks (including specials), as what the description would have you believe, only Heavy Attacks.

One more thing, in the GIFs where I fought Mordo, I brought Elektra along with DDHK to further reduce Defensive Ability Accuracy by 35% when I inflict a Disorient debuff on Mordo.
    I did this to reduce Mordo’s Defensive Ability Accuracy by a total of 100%, so that my testing is not subject to RNG.

Now, for the GIFs.

1) Below, you can see that DDHK is in Stick’s Apprentice. I stun Mordo, who does not proc Astral Evade when I throw a Heavy Attack, this is good:

2) But in the GIF below, with the same conditions, Mordo procs Astral Evade when I throw a Medium Attack, this is a bug:

3) And below you can see scenarios 1 and 2 side by side, again with the same conditions:

Furthermore, I tried the same thing against Ægon.
    For those of you that do not know, Ægon procs Fury buffs when attacked, which is a Defensive Ability. Let’s see how that responds to DDHK in Stick’s Apprentice:

4) Below, you can see that Ægon does not proc Fury buffs when you throw a Heavy Attack. This is good:

5) Whereas below, you can see that Ægon procs a Fury buff EVERY time you throw any type of Attack OTHER than a Heavy Attack. I did not bring Elektra along but you can see the Fury proccing or refreshing EVERY time I land a hit, and stacking up to max stacks! This, is a bug:

Conclusion: The DAAR from Stick’s Apprentice only triggers on DDHK Heavy Attacks, even though the champion description says Attacks which implies ALL Attacks (heavy, medium, light and special attacks).

I also found another serious bug with his sig ability, but this one could be OP for players. Overpowered. I will create a thread later.
  • Options
    Typhoon said:

Really well put together summary of the issue. Hope they get it looked in to.

Thank you sir! Stay tuned for the sig bug, it’s hilarious and potentially OP.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,811 ★★★★★
    Add it to your other threads. Don't make another one.

Also: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/categories/bug
  • Options

Add it to your other threads. Don't make another one.

Also: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/categories/bug

It will get overlooked.
  • Options
    @Chobbly FYI
  • Options
    Rookiie said:

Typhoon said:

Really well put together summary of the issue. Hope they get it looked in to.

Thank you sir! Stay tuned for the sig bug, it’s hilarious and potentially OP.

I was wrong about the sig bug being OP. There is no pro player bug, but there is an anti player bug.
  • Options
    thats such a shame. DDHK feels like a showpiece. abilities are just text for him.
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 871 ★★★★
    Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear… Stick’s Apprentice seriously has issues.

I wonder how long it’s been this way?
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 871 ★★★★
    I think DDHK is looking like a candidate for a serious overhaul at some point.

And it’s Stick’s Apprentice mode again, albeit from the Sig ability.
  • Options
    Chobbly said:

Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear… Stick’s Apprentice seriously has issues.

I wonder how long it’s been this way?

I was asking myself the same thing, when responding to Kabam Jax on the RDT thread. I somewhat feel responsible for not discovering this earlier 😄
  • Options
    MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,526 ★★★★★
    I don’t believe this is a bug. Use omega red against red skull and see if he takes damage on the block. He does. So does gambit and they all have the same phrasing. None of them will take damage against korg though. Their abilities aren’t like namor where they don’t take damage while attacking. They only negate thorns damage. Red skull power burns which is a separate damage, and their ability doesn’t shut down actually degeneration passives. The wording is weird but it’s not bugged.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Maratox said:

I don’t believe this is a bug. Use omega red against red skull and see if he takes damage on the block. He does. So does gambit and they all have the same phrasing. None of them will take damage against korg though. Their abilities aren’t like namor where they don’t take damage while attacking. They only negate thorns damage. Red skull power burns which is a separate damage, and their ability doesn’t shut down actually degeneration passives. The wording is weird but it’s not bugged.

I mean, the way it’s worded, one would assume I was correct. Let’s wait and see what Kabam says.
    FYI the Red Skull damage is Direct Damage. I don’t know if Kabam intended it to be negated on contact only or on block as well, but the way it’s worded - again one would assume that I am correct.

FYI you should know that this ability was bugged for both Omega Red and DDHK recently, and a bug fix was released in V34.1 I believe. So if DDHK is bugged then Omega is bugged too.
  • Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,018 ★★★★★
    There are 2 ability accuracy reductions in play in the Mordo clip. One is from a passive and the other is from a debuff. Mordo is immune to passive aar so he will still have a chance to evade.

I just duelled Aegon and he didn't proc a fury buff everytime I hit him with or without heavy attacks but he did refresh his fury buffs everytime. Looks like there are 2 components to his fury buff and the refresh component is unaffected by aar. Your own clip would suggest so. I also tested this with Falcon and even with Lock on active he couldn't stop Aegons furies from refreshing but he did stop Aegon from activating additional furies.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    The Aegon gif looks fine? He doesn't proc fury on the first and last basic hit of that gif. Nor does he get fury fir most of the special attack too. His fury refresh is unaffected by ability accuracy
  • Options

There are 2 ability accuracy reductions in play in the Mordo clip. One is from a passive and the other is from a debuff. Mordo is immune to passive aar so he will still have a chance to evade.

I just duelled Aegon and he didn't proc a fury buff everytime I hit him with or without heavy attacks but he did refresh his fury buffs everytime. Looks like there are 2 components to his fury buff and the refresh component is unaffected by aar. Your own clip would suggest so. I also tested this with Falcon and even with Lock on active he couldn't stop Aegons furies from refreshing but he did stop Aegon from activating additional furies.

The testing I did was pretty comprehensive. It’s easy to look for inconsistencies in GIFs, but my results are as follows:
    Under the conditions specified above: DDHK removes Astral Evade EVERY time you hit Mordo with a Heavy Attack, but it procs whenever you use any other type of Attack.
    How would you explain that other than, it’s bugged?
  • Options

The Aegon gif looks fine? He doesn't proc fury on the first and last basic hit of that gif. Nor does he get fury fir most of the special attack too. His fury refresh is unaffected by ability accuracy

Okay, apologies in advance if my tone is aggressive in any way.

The only thing I will give you is that in the 2nd GIF he does not proc a Fury on the Medium Attack, which I can’t explain, but other than that let’s dive right in:

1) You’re adding wrong information in. Why would you assume that his Fury refresh is unaffected by ability accuracy? It’s a defensive ability and will get affected by ability accuracy reduction, unless otherwise stated in his abilities. But, nothing is stated so you just came up with that. So I can’t accept your argument.

2) You’re adding wrong information in, again. Ægon refreshes or stacks a Fury on EVERY hit of the special attack, so I’m not sure why you said that but again I can’t accept your argument.

3) You’re contradicting yourself. Basic Attacks are comprised of Light, Medium and Heavy Attacks. Can you explain why he does not proc Fury when I throw a Heavy, but does proc Fury when I throw a Light, Medium or Special?

The results are pretty clear. I’d just let Kabam answer at this point.
  • Options
    I have merged both of @Rookiie's threads on DDHK as there is no reason to split the discussion across two threads.
  • Options
    MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 849 ★★★
    Hi! I am a pretty experienced omega red player - and I’d just like to let you know a couple of things.

It seems like the red skull interaction is indeed bugged. It does say the damage is direct damage - but champs that can suppress direct damage don’t reduce it here.

However in the mojo interaction - the degeneration damage reduction only occurs if the degen activates <0.2 seconds after your strike. Because, generally speaking, effects that are already applied don’t get updated with future potency/duration changes.

I’ve been saying for a while that the red skull interaction - as well as dormammu - are bugged if you go by their definition and how it’s set up.
  • Options
    MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 849 ★★★
    Also while we’re at it with the degen/direct damage stuff - can I mention that omega’s heavy attack is not reducing degen damage from champs like mojo? His medium attack works just fine, it’s just his heavy attack hits that don’t seem to reduce it, which is odd. The dormammu degen one is interesting too, his degen always does damage no matter what attack you use with omega.
  • Options
    Rookiie said:

The only thing I will give you is that in the 2nd GIF he does not proc a Fury on the Medium Attack, which I can’t explain, but other than that let’s dive right in:

1) You’re adding wrong information in. Why would you assume that his Fury refresh is unaffected by ability accuracy? It’s a defensive ability and will get affected by ability accuracy reduction, unless otherwise stated in his abilities. But, nothing is stated so you just came up with that. So I can’t accept your argument.

2) You’re adding wrong information in, again. Ægon refreshes or stacks a Fury on EVERY hit of the special attack, so I’m not sure why you said that but again I can’t accept your argument.

3) You’re contradicting yourself. Basic Attacks are comprised of Light, Medium and Heavy Attacks. Can you explain why he does not proc Fury when I throw a Heavy, but does proc Fury when I throw a Light, Medium or Special?

No issues mate. No aggressiveness.

Aegon does two things when hit. Refreshing already present furies and procing a fury. From my experience fighting him the former is immune to aar. Yes it's not specified in his kit but that's like the thing kabam doesn't specify most of the time so. You can confirm this using champs with 100% aar like archangel and quake. Or ddhk itself by first procing a couple of furies and then using a heavy which according to this thread works without bugs

2)in your video from hits 23-29(special 1) the furies are refreshed but he still keeps only 5 furies. It's only on the second last hit he gets the 6th and final fury
    In fact the first light(?) or medium hit that lands on Aegon does not proc a fury in your gif. And the second hit of the last medium also does not proc a fury

• Options
    Hazzalec said:

Hi! I am a pretty experienced omega red player - and I’d just like to let you know a couple of things.

It seems like the red skull interaction is indeed bugged. It does say the damage is direct damage - but champs that can suppress direct damage don’t reduce it here.

However in the mojo interaction - the degeneration damage reduction only occurs if the degen activates

Hello there! That’s awesome dude! Thanks for sharing and I’m glad to know that I’m not going mad.
    Since it’s the same interaction with Omega Red, if they fix it for one I believe it will be fixed with both.
    Same thing they did in V34.1
  • Options

Rookiie said:

Aegon does two things when hit. Refreshing already present furies and procing a fury. From my experience fighting him the former is immune to aar. Yes it's not specified in his kit but that's like the thing kabam doesn't specify most of the time so. You can confirm this using champs with 100% aar like archangel and quake. Or ddhk itself by first procing a couple of furies and then using a heavy which according to this thread works without bugs

2)in your video from hits 23-29(special 1) the furies are refreshed but he still keeps only 5 furies. It's only on the second last hit he gets the 6th and final fury
    In fact the first light(?) or medium hit that lands on Aegon does not proc a fury in your gif. And the second hit of the last medium also does not proc a fury

1) Hmm, if what you’re saying holds true then yeah, Kabam need to specify which interaction is predominant and which should be fixed. It’s on them to answer and it’s also on them to add all info pertaining to champ abilities.

2) Love it. Like I said, I can’t explain why the Fury did not proc from the first medium. As for the second hit on the second medium, I believe it refreshed but I will give you the benefit of the doubt. So, it did not proc 2 times out of a total of 13 hits. 2/13 is 15% DAAR. His abilities state 65% DAAR. So however you look at it, it’s bugged.
  • Options
    Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

1) Hmm, if what you’re saying holds true then yeah, Kabam need to specify which interaction is predominant and which should be fixed. It’s on them to answer and it’s also on them to add all info pertaining to champ abilities.

2) Love it. Like I said, I can’t explain why the Fury did not proc from the first medium. As for the second hit on the second medium, I believe it refreshed but I will give you the benefit of the doubt. So, it did not proc 2 times out of a total of 13 hits. 2/13 is 15% DAAR. His abilities state 65% DAAR. So however you look at it, it’s bugged.
    1)Yeah. It's been always a thing with kabam. Tbh i don't know if it's feasible to mention it for every single ability. But it's irrelevant to our bug

2) the fury refreshed all the time. It didn't proc all the time though. 6 out of the 13 hits failed to proc a fury. That's a 46% chance of successful daar this is good considering the expected probability is 65%.
  • Options
    And yeah the second hit did proc a fury. Watched it in slow mo and it did . Sorry . My error
  • Options

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

1)Yeah. It's been always a thing with kabam. Tbh i don't know if it's feasible to mention it for every single ability. But it's irrelevant to our bug

2) the fury refreshed all the time. It didn't proc all the time though. 6 out of the 13 hits failed to proc a fury. That's a 46% chance of successful daar this is good considering the expected probability is 65%.

Yeah, for point 2), refreshing still counts as proccing even though it doesn’t stack. It triggers so it procs. It shouldn’t proc imo, but let’s wait for Kabam to investigate.
  • Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,018 ★★★★★
    Rookiie said:

The testing I did was pretty comprehensive. It’s easy to look for inconsistencies in GIFs, but my results are as follows:
    Under the conditions specified above: DDHK removes Astral Evade EVERY time you hit Mordo with a Heavy Attack, but it procs whenever you use any other type of Attack.
    Every time you say...
  • Options

Rookiie said:

Every time you say...

Maybe something changed overnight. Not sure. It’s with Kabam now so let’s wait and see.