**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Feature Crystal RNG

Comments

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Unyonface said:

2 out of 3 champs u pulled are great and u define this as hot garbage funny

It’s my opinion, just like it’s your opinion that they are not garbage….
    It is entirely your prerogative to have that opinion. But then the answer to your question is: it is just you.
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★

Still struggling to process how Void, of all champs, is hot garbage

I wouldn’t say that Void as a champ is hot garbage. I can somewhat agree with the sentiment though because as a 6* it will take a significant amount of dupes or commitment to sigs to make him usable.
    It’s been sitting in my roster unawakened and rank one for over a year.
    A champion can be considered good but still disappointing to pull.
  • Options
    Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★

I wouldn’t say that Void as a champ is hot garbage. I can somewhat agree with the sentiment though because as a 6* it will take a significant amount of dupes or commitment to sigs to make him usable.
    I can understand that aspect, but Void is anything but garbage. He's one of those few champs that is still top tier even as the meta has changed. I mean I have a 6* Aegon. He's not awakened but I can still recognize how awesome he is even though I don't have full access to his full potential at the moment.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    I elected to pass on this one .. I took one shot and duped my Black Panther lol. not mad but yeah ... the odds were not in my favor so I'm stacking shards to see if I can go in with at least a good 15 puller next featured.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

So basically every great champion that needs awakening has to disappoint everyone first. That's ... a weird way to approach life.
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

So basically every great champion that needs awakening has to disappoint everyone first. That's ... a weird way to approach life.
    As I said, it’s disappointing because (speaking for myself) I’m not likely to make the huge investment of sigs to make him worth ranking up. 6* Sigs are a very valuable.
    We could do a poll to see how many people that have him have done so.
    There’s a clear difference with pulling a champion like Scorpion or OS who would be great right off the bat.
    I don’t think it’s an outlandish opinion.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

You’re telling me that all the disappointments in my life haven’t led me to a better place now?! Well… I’ll go have an existential crisis now. 🤣
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Unyonface said:

If my opinion was the color of the sky is hot pink with yellow polkadots, would my opinion be correct?
  • Options
    DoosraDoosra Posts: 359 ★★★
    It's just you
  • Options
    UnyonfaceUnyonface Posts: 520 ★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Unyonface said:

It’s okay to have wrong opinions as long as you don’t try and state them as fact.
    No opinion is wrong, that’s why it’s called an opinion, but it’s not a fact either, just an opinion…

• Options

Unyonface said:

If my opinion was the color of the sky is hot pink with yellow polkadots, would my opinion be correct?
    It’s your opinion, it’s neither wrong or right. An opinion isn’t wrong or right, it’s one persons view of something that someone else might not agree with.

• Options
    ItsDamien said:

Unyonface said:

ItsDamien said:

Unyonface said:

It’s okay to have wrong opinions as long as you don’t try and state them as fact.
    No opinion is wrong, that’s why it’s called an opinion, but it’s not a fact either, just an opinion…

Opinions can be wrong. Some people have the opinion the world is flat, they are wrong. They’re entitled to believe that the world is flat, but when they try and state that as fact is where the problem begins.
    It’s still their opinion to believe though whether it’s a proven fact the world is not flat.

• Options
    Unyonface said:

ItsDamien said:

Unyonface said:

ItsDamien said:

Unyonface said:

Opinions can be wrong. Some people have the opinion the world is flat, they are wrong. They’re entitled to believe that the world is flat, but when they try and state that as fact is where the problem begins.
    It’s still their opinion to believe though whether it’s a proven fact the world is not flat.

Yes, but it is still a wrong opinion. Opinions can be wrong, most opinions are not wrong because they are subjective. But you stating they can’t be wrong is flat out, indisputably, irrevocably, and undeniably wrong. Simple as that.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★

Unyonface said:

Depends on how hard you stare at the sun. XD
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Unyonface said:

ItsDamien said:

Unyonface said:

ItsDamien said:

Unyonface said:

Yes, but it is still a wrong opinion. Opinions can be wrong, most opinions are not wrong because they are subjective. But you stating they can’t be wrong is flat out, indisputably, irrevocably, and undeniably wrong. Simple as that.
    I get what you are saying, but again, opinions are neither wrong or right. Whether you can prove an opinion to be fact or fictional, one person’s opinion is still that, their opinion. If they choose to believe something that you may not agree with, it’s still their opinion to believe to be correct. You can’t tell a person what to believe, that’s up to them to believe. In any case, we got off topic from my original opinion of my 5* feature crystal pulls lol.

• Options
    LorddrewLorddrew Posts: 297 ★★
    Unyonface said:

FiiNCH said:

It’s all RNG.

I’ve opened 18 so far of the current featured, and pulled 5/6 featured champs

Yeah it is lol. I’ve opened 4, 6 and 5 at a time and all I’ve gotten was Sauron as a feature lol.
    same RNG with herc got me 0 featured after 35.. youd believe any conspiracy theory after that, i mean 3 daredevill back 2 back?
  • Options
    GreatLGreatL Posts: 19
    edited August 2022

But this is my latest

I pulled him too.
    Going to r3 for rich get richer node
  • Options
    AldacAldac Posts: 475 ★★★
    It’s been pretty good to me overall, but I’m very tired of pulling Howard (4 times) and Darkhawk (3 times).
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,756 ★★★★★
    My RNG luck tends to wax and wane between supremely good and godawful with every other featured crystal. Last crystal, I only got one pull that I wanted - Sam Wilson - out of probably a dozen tries. From the one before that, I pulled both Knull and Nimrod from the featured champions and both Cable and Hyperion from the non-featured champions. This, too, was out of about a dozen tries. When Hercules was in his crystal, I had amazing luck with the non-featured champs but the only featured champ I pulled was Purgatory - yet again, out of about a dozen pulls.

This means that I was satisfied with about 8% of my pulls from the last crystal, about 33% from the crystal before that, and an astonishing 50% from the one with Hercules (although I didn't pull a single featured champion I was going for there).

When it comes to the current one, I've pulled Black Cat, Scorpion x2 and Rintrah out of 11 crystals, as well as a couple of non-featured champions that I'm at least semi-interested in. It seems as if I'm back to the luck that waned quite a bit last time around.

That's just how it is.
  • Options
    Ps_cr7Ps_cr7 Posts: 296 ★★
    Pain. Suffering. Agony. Torture.
  • Options
    CyporgCyporg Posts: 285 ★★
    I’ve pulled NC FOUR.TIMES.IN.A.ROW, ya tell me again how it’s an even chance for all champs, odds on that are astronomical unless it’s fixed
  • Options
    What is that 1/24^4? 1 out of 331776 chance to occur?
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Cyporg said:

I’ve pulled NC FOUR.TIMES.IN.A.ROW, ya tell me again how it’s an even chance for all champs, odds on that are astronomical unless it’s fixed

So you believe Kabam pulled your name out of a hat to stalk and torture your features pulls? Your tinfoil hat on too tight?
  • Options
    No, but I believe you lack reading comprehension, don’t need a hat for that. I’m saying I’m skeptical its an even 1/24 chance to pull every champ.
  • Options
    Cyporg said:

No, but I believe you lack reading comprehension, don’t need a hat for that. I’m saying I’m skeptical its an even 1/24 chance to pull every champ.

Just because the chance of pulling the same champ 4 times in a row are very low, doesn’t mean that the odds for each champ isn’t 1/24. Because that’s just not how odds or chance work.
  • Options
    Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 704 ★★★
    All in all, it hasn’t been terrible. But it’s all perspective. Since it dropped, I’ve pulled Thing, Scorpion, Hulkling, MODOK, MODOK (again) and Scorpion (again). I’d trade any of them just to dupe my Rintrah.
  • Options
    That’s exactly how odds or chances work. If the odds are even, each time you spin you have a 1/24 chance to pull NC, or any champ. If you pull the same champ multiple times in a row the odds of it happening are multiplied. So pulling NC 4 times in a row is 1/24 x 1/24 x 1/24 x 1/24, or 1 in 331k as I said. That is if the odds are even as we’re told. If the odds of basic or even **** basic champs are higher, like 1/8, then it’s more likely you’d get a scenario where you would pull same champ over and over, and this nightmare happens.
  • Options
    Cyporg said:

That’s exactly how odds or chances work. If the odds are even, each time you spin you have a 1/24 chance to pull NC, or any champ. If you pull the same champ multiple times in a row the odds of it happening are multiplied. So pulling NC 4 times in a row is 1/24 x 1/24 x 1/24 x 1/24, or 1 in 331k as I said. That is if the odds are even as we’re told. If the odds of basic or even **** basic champs are higher, like 1/8, then it’s more likely you’d get a scenario where you would pull same champ over and over, and this nightmare happens.

Except it’s not 1/24 x 1/24 x 1/24 x 1x24 because that only applies when you’re aiming to specifically get 1 out of 24 4 times. Say you were specifically looking to get NC 4 times in a row.

It should be 1/24 x 1/24 x 1/24, because the first roll had the chance to be any of the 24 available. So the follow up 3 times are the only factor in the probability of getting same champ 4 times in a row.