**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why isn't og black panthers special intercept the same as Hercules

I noticed it's much harder (for me atleast) to get all the attacks of the sp2 for black Panther to be crit when intercepting an opponent compared to hercs version where herc can dash back very quickly into the special attack and easily get the extra 3 buffs
For black Panther u have to hit, dash back and hope the opponent immediately dashes at u in order to get the full crits but sometimes the A.I doesn't immediately dashes and I throw my special into the block and get punished for it. Is there an easier way to get panthers specials to be fully crits? Am I doing it wrong? I personally would much rather like to dash back, hold block until the opponent dashes, then dash back into sp2 and get the full crits exactly like herc

Comments

• Options
    Dangerx17Dangerx17 Posts: 114 ★★
    AMS94 said:

Dangerx17 said:

I noticed it's much harder (for me atleast) to get all the attacks of the sp2 for black Panther to be crit when intercepting an opponent compared to hercs version where herc can dash back very quickly into the special attack and easily get the extra 3 buffs
    For black Panther u have to hit, dash back and hope the opponent immediately dashes at u in order to get the full crits but sometimes the A.I doesn't immediately dashes and I throw my special into the block and get punished for it. Is there an easier way to get panthers specials to be fully crits? Am I doing it wrong? I personally would much rather like to dash back, hold block until the opponent dashes, then dash back into sp2 and get the full crits exactly like herc

That is a Herc only mechanic
    Doesn't work with other special intercept champs, be it Black Panther or Venompool
    And u better keep silent about it otherwise they might end up removing it from Herc as well
    Herc has a special thing....let him keep it
    Others can't have it bcoz that's not what a intercept means

I'm pretty sure the "difference" is how hercs description says "intercepting a dash in opponent" while BP's only says "intercept the opponent" that small wording makes a big difference in the action actually working. The herc synergy helps a lot to make the opponent aggressive but there's still times where the opponent just doesn't decide to dash forward and I throw an sp2 into the block. It's just pretty annoying when their mechanics and bonuses are damn near the same
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Kabam wanted Hercules to be that easy to use, they made his “intercept” just pushing the special button during an opponents dash in attack animation rather than what was previously an intercept (like with BP) actually hitting the opponent during their dash in animation.
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,833 ★★★★★
    Lol try to intercept with sp2 with venompool. It’s almost impossible
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    Special attacks have different timings, ranges, etc.

If you really want to get into a debate, ask why Ghosts sp2 can miss the first hit, contact the opponent on the second, and then whiff the third hit, earning you a combo to the face. Much more fun rabbit hole to traverse.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★

AMS94 said:

Dangerx17 said:

That is a Herc only mechanic
    Doesn't work with other special intercept champs, be it Black Panther or Venompool
    And u better keep silent about it otherwise they might end up removing it from Herc as well
    Herc has a special thing....let him keep it
    Others can't have it bcoz that's not what a intercept means
    "You better keep quiet about it"

Said on a public forum owned by Kabam that they can and do read.
    Kabam reads this stuff?
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    I like running Herc/BP on teams. Agree that with BP sometimes the Infuriate is not infuriating enough to get the defender to dash at you. When it works, it's awesome, but once in a while I get punished.

That being said, BP is really amazing now.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★

I like running Herc/BP on teams. Agree that with BP sometimes the Infuriate is not infuriating enough to get the defender to dash at you. When it works, it's awesome, but once in a while I get punished.

That being said, BP is really amazing now.

yep same happens with Herc for me .. the infuriate makes them more passive at times and they just stand there then combo to the face for me.
  • Options
    I really wish they’d extend Herc’s extra generous window to Karnak and OGBP
  • Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★

I really wish they’d extend Herc’s extra generous window to Karnak and OGBP

Venompool as well