**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hulkling To R4

With Hulkling being part of the Kabam champ rebalancing program I’m super hesitant to take him to R4. Do you guys think he’ll get nerfed … I mean rebalanced lol

Comments

• Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,880 Guardian

Considering this was today I sure hope not

Exactly how I feel with rintrah. Hopefully he doesn't get nerfed or changed in a negative way.
  • Options
    ShoNuff29ShoNuff29 Posts: 416 ★★★
    If they were gonna rebalance anything with Hulkling, it should be a little longer buff duration. That’s it. Incredible champ with some unique utility
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    ShoNuff29 said:

If they were gonna rebalance anything with Hulkling, it should be a little longer buff duration. That’s it. Incredible champ with some unique utility

I honestly think he’s perfect where he is. No need for any changes at all. Though I wouldn’t say no to him getting better, objectively speaking I think he’s perfectly balanced.
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

ShoNuff29 said:

I honestly think he’s perfect where he is. No need for any changes at all. Though I wouldn’t say no to him getting better, objectively speaking I think he’s perfectly balanced.
    But how would you speak objectively? Isn’t your opinion of him being perfectly balanced based on your subjective experience with the champ?
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Malreck04 said:

ShoNuff29 said:

But how would you speak objectively? Isn’t your opinion of him being perfectly balanced based on your subjective experience with the champ?
    I’m not sure if this is a little tongue in cheek, but assuming it’s not: no, I can speak objectively about champions. Mr Negative is my favourite champion in the entire game, I love every aspect of his kit, I think he’s the best science champ for me. But I know torch is better than him. I know he has his strengths and I can identify his weaknesses. Spidey 2099 has a better passive power gain counter. Negative is not great for evade or unstoppable.

Same sort of thing can be said for Hulkling, I know what a broken champion feels like and what they can do. This ain’t that. My statement that Hulkling is balanced is based on what I know about what unbalanced means, whether that’s too good or not good enough.

Hulkling is in a perfect spot where he has a great number of uses in the game, but his damage isn’t overpowered to the point of needing to be balanced, his uses aren’t so great that he will be the only champion people aim to get - driving a wedge between haves and have nots, forcing content to be designed around him.

I guess you can make the argument that nobody ever has a truly objective opinion if you’d like, because any opinion anyone gives is based on their experience. But I find that a little “ummm akshually” if I’m honest. We can give opinions based more on the facts, and ignore our emotion.

The facts are champions with more utility and more damage exist in the game, both aspects can far exceed Hulkling - that’s why I say he’s perfectly balanced.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

Exactly how I feel with rintrah. Hopefully he doesn't get nerfed or changed in a negative way.
    I don’t feel like he’s too powerful. If his crit rate was higher then maybe.
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

Snap @BitterSteel
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    OP I’d say it’s highly unlikely hulking will be rebalanced, especially when compared to Galan and Quicksilver.
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

OP I’d say it’s highly unlikely hulking will be rebalanced, especially when compared to Galan and Quicksilver.

I don't have a high rarity Quicksilver, but I surely hated playing him in the 2* arena... His animations just throw me off... ^^