**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Disorient Immunity

AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
Apoc is the only champ in the game to have disorient immunity
Disorient is a node that is getting pretty common in different areas of the game & IMO we should get a few more champs who can gain immunity to disorients

Comments

• Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,524 ★★★★★
    I don’t really think anyone else is immune to non damaging debuffs…. Except armor break and stagger
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    Kitty Pryde is disorient immune with synergy…
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    I mean, Rupture's also gotten pretty common and we have only one Rupture immune (Scorpion, 2/3 of the time). As I recall, there were *no* Shock immune champs for a very, VERY long time...
  • Kingpin shrug?
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022
    Disorient will often affect block proficiency and defensive ability accuracy. For the champs immune to AA modification, do they only suffer the first effect?

Edit - mordo is immune to passive modification. AA is immune to modification by opponent abilities. Not sure who else may qualify
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    YoMoves said:

I mean, Rupture's also gotten pretty common and we have only one Rupture immune (Scorpion, 2/3 of the time). As I recall, there were *no* Shock immune champs for a very, VERY long time...

Yeah but ruptures are still at large an offensive mechanic... we're yet to see it being used as an annoying defense tool
    Disorient is a purely defensive mechanic & is quite troublesome at some places
    It's on 2 paths & 1 mini boss in AW, at least 1 path in AQ, very common in story content, is getting more common in EQ & SQ
    It's still not as painful as unstoppable used to be when we didn't have any slow champs, but is still quite annoying specially when it's passive
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    edited September 2022

TyEdge said:

Disorient will often affect block proficiency and defensive ability accuracy. For the champs immune to AA modification, do they only suffer the first effect?

Edit - mordo is immune to passive modification. AA is immune to modification by opponent abilities. Not sure who else may qualify

Yes champions immune to AAR cannot have abilities fail from disorient. So someone like Nimrod against mutants cannot fail parries (he also gets tons of armour so that counters the block proficiency as well)

However, Archangel doesn’t counter it and I’m still not sure if that’s a bug. It says he’s only immune to champion abilities so I’m guessing Nodes don’t count here, but I’ve tested against Joe Fixit’s disorient and I had parries failing sometimes. And Joe Fixit’s disorient is one of his abilities. So Archangel is weird and I’d love some clarification on what the correct interaction is.
    I think in the case of Archangel, it's specifically abilities that often don't come with an icon. If you are fighting an Awakened Gwenpool and she has a combo of 50+, Archangel wouldn't be affected by her Ability Accuracy Reduction because he's immune. In the case against Joe Fixit, Joe can't reduce Ability Accuracy himself, but he can place a debuff on you. That debuff (in his case Disorient) is independent of Joe Fixit and can do whatever it is supposed to do to Archangel
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★

I don’t really think anyone else is immune to non damaging debuffs…. Except armor break and stagger

Emma Frost
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    I think with archangel it's due to it being done back then and not interacting with newer stuff. Because it's not just about "icon less aar" . Since he's immune to the concussion debuff altogether and can have aa reduced with strength in numbers node
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★
    I'm sure we'll get more immune champs at some point. Remember a time we don't have shock or degen immune champs. Then they'll make a new type of damage that no one will be immune to. The cycle will repeat
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★

TyEdge said:

Yes champions immune to AAR cannot have abilities fail from disorient. So someone like Nimrod against mutants cannot fail parries (he also gets tons of armour so that counters the block proficiency as well)

However, Archangel doesn’t counter it and I’m still not sure if that’s a bug. It says he’s only immune to champion abilities so I’m guessing Nodes don’t count here, but I’ve tested against Joe Fixit’s disorient and I had parries failing sometimes. And Joe Fixit’s disorient is one of his abilities. So Archangel is weird and I’d love some clarification on what the correct interaction is.
    It should be a bug. Nodes always count as champion abilities, otherwise he and others wouldn't/shouldn't turn them off with AAR. Unless there was some sort of overriding global node stating "Disorient is inflicted when the attacker dashes back by the Almighty Chair", it shouldn't affect him. It's a hill I'm willing to die on 😂
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★
    I know it is Concussion and not Disorient, but I know the Apoc can't place Concussion on OML.
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★

Kitty Pryde is disorient immune with synergy…

No she's not...
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 925 ★★★
    edited September 2022
    AMS94 said:

Apoc is the only champ in the game to have disorient immunity
    Disorient is a node that is getting pretty common in different areas of the game & IMO we should get a few more champs who can gain immunity to disorients

I agree with u, but in the meanwhile, try champs with cleanse like Kingpin or Crossbones

Edit: i just saw that someone else already pointed that... XD
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    K00shMaan said:

TyEdge said:

I think in the case of Archangel, it's specifically abilities that often don't come with an icon. If you are fighting an Awakened Gwenpool and she has a combo of 50+, Archangel wouldn't be affected by her Ability Accuracy Reduction because he's immune. In the case against Joe Fixit, Joe can't reduce Ability Accuracy himself, but he can place a debuff on you. That debuff (in his case Disorient) is independent of Joe Fixit and can do whatever it is supposed to do to Archangel
    So domino’s 15% drop doesn’t trigger but a debuff could. Interesting.
  • TyEdge said:

Archangel is probably weird because he was made in the days when immunity was implemented by name, and not by effect. In other words, I suspect Archangel is not actually immune to AAR, he's immune to a giant list of stuff that inflicts AAR. If it is not on the list because someone forgot to put it on the list, Archangel is not immune to it. In general, I would say that given past history, this should be considered a bug unless otherwise stated by the devs.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

TyEdge said:

Archangel is probably weird because he was made in the days when immunity was implemented by name, and not by effect. In other words, I suspect Archangel is not actually immune to AAR, he's immune to a giant list of stuff that inflicts AAR. If it is not on the list because someone forgot to put it on the list, Archangel is not immune to it. In general, I would say that given past history, this should be considered a bug unless otherwise stated by the devs.
    So you think the wording here is a result of outdated language?

I only ask because Mordo was released before and his says immune to passive ability accuracy reductions. I’m just curious what AA is supposed to be immune to today and what’s bugged or not.

Any chance you’d be able to pose the question when you have some time?
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

TyEdge said:

I only ask because Mordo was released before and his says immune to passive ability accuracy reductions. I’m just curious what AA is supposed to be immune to today and what’s bugged or not.

It should be. Quake says she reduces the opponent's ability accuracy. But she reduces the ability accuracy of nodes just fine.
  • thewass1980thewass1980 Posts: 150

DNA3000 said:

TyEdge said:

I too (alongside many other summoners) would love some clarification on Archangel's AAR abilities.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Disorient for me is free willpower healing.

Not sure what issue you guys have, I have fun getting a disorient on me.