**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I know..... but still

ZAHIDMALIK1588ZAHIDMALIK1588 Posts: 616 ★★
edited September 2022 in Strategy and Tips
Just cleared 7.1 initial clear, I was going to rank kitty but Red mags showed in my 6* basic, now I am having 2nd thoughts. Still have enough resources to rank up 2 6*s ; one 6* to rank 2 and one mutant to r3. Or red mags to R3.
PS: I have one cosmic AG (+100 sigs) and one generic AG (5*), and I have 5* hercules and hyperion, also nimrod (+100 sigs). Am I thinking right, looking at 7.2.
Please share your thoughts, thanks
PS: Rate my 6* roster :wink:

Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022
    Awaken and max sig your 5* Hercules..a 5* is enough to dismantle lanes and bosses .

With your 6* roster , if you know how to play Kitty , rank her up or leave it . You can choose to rank up between Mags / AA ... definitely take your 6* Ghost up.

Ghost , Mags , Herc and AA will help you in Act 6/7 exploration a lot .
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,669 ★★★★
    Obviously you should rank both as you are able.

My advice would be it really depends on how good a player you are - if you are very good and can take full advantage of Kitty, she is pretty tough to beat. For me, I’m a more mediocre player and still figuring her out so still need crutches like her Tigra synergy to maximize her benefit. I’ll probably get there eventually.

Red Mags is also great, probably not quite as great as Kitty, but I find it easier to access his full capabilities despite not being a top player and without key synergies.

So, if you are a great player - go for Kitty. If more mediocre like me, you may find you get more short term benefit from Red Mags. But rank them both eventually - either way you are good!
  • ZAHIDMALIK1588ZAHIDMALIK1588 Posts: 616 ★★
    I do have a r5 5* red mags and I have just manhandled gwenperion with him, that's why I am confused. I am going to take AA up for sure. I am a fairly decent kitty player but not good without Tigra synergy and I don't have her as 5 or 6*. That's what is holding me back. These are my major concerns about ranking kitty and red mags. As for 5*s, Hercules is going up and awakened for sure with cosmic AG. But do I give generic AG to Nimrod and sig him up? he is r5.
    Much appreciated your insightful thoughts @Oakenshield @Rohit_316
  • Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 703 ★★★
    Red mags is a critical piece for all of Act 7, but he’s great at r2. Honestly, I’d also take iBom as high as you can. That boy shreds at a r2 or r3.
  • ZAHIDMALIK1588ZAHIDMALIK1588 Posts: 616 ★★
    Is 6* r2 mags better than 5* r5?
  • Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 703 ★★★
    In 7, yes, but only because of the 6* attack bonus.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Vance2_jr said:

In 7, yes, but only because of the 6* attack bonus.

This. ^^^

But it also can depend on sig. My 5* R5 sig 200 actually does better than my 6* r2 unduped, even in Act 7. The sig gives him more damage on heavies and he takes a lot less damage per hit. The Sp3 finishes still too.

I'm debating r3 my 6* Mags and even using a gem (since I have 2 mutant). But I've been debating 6 months now and my 5* hasn't had any issues in the meantime, so I just can't bring myself to R3 him unduped or duped (especially with a gem that I know is better off for AA if I ever get him). Maybe if he needs an extra boost in Act 8, but he's done everything with ease as the 5*.

If your 5* is low sig, or unduped, or just R4, then absolutely go for the 6* as a future investment and don't invest in the 5* anymore either.

Personally, I'd be taking AA up. No one does what he does or as well. I can't wait til I get him as a 6*... And yours is duped too!

Kitty... I hate Ghost. I always mistime her. Quake no issue, but Ghost, I can't use her, so that makes me afraid to invest in Kitty, and you say you need Tugra to use her effectively but don't have 5 or ,6* , so why consider her now, above other great champs like Mags and AA, that you know will put in work?

I haven't needed Ghost for a single peace of content so don't need Kitty either. I'm Ghost free, Herc Free and Kitty free (though I definitely want the latter) and done everything but any additional abyss paths (boring and not fun for me) and it's been fun .Maybe even more fun, because I didn't have to use the biggest hammers possible to do it.