Antman Buff notes

2»

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★
    I recently duped him from a Paragon daily crystal. Hope the buff is amazing.
  • yuwyuw Member Posts: 316 ★★
    not a great counter to miss/power gain
    good for immunity and damage, i guess, but we will see
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,484 ★★★★★

Why is antman shock immune?!

His daughter got mad and sent him to his room... he's grounded
    I'm Grounded. XD
  • BulmktBulmkt Member Posts: 1,609 ★★★★
    Now when can we see a buff for Hulk and Iron Man OG?
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Member Posts: 618 ★★★
    As someone who cannot Quake, I'm excited to have a usable champion for Nick's evade synergy.

Is he going to jump to the top of my rank up list? Probably not, but I'm excited to see him in action.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Member Posts: 2,144 ★★★★
    @Kabam Jax did the team consider poison resistance, rather than immunity for ant man? The comment in his spotlight that he's good with liquid courage when he needs to spam sp1, is a tad odd, considering he has no way to heal from recoil if running liquid courage.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★

Alright after reading the buff notes I’m pretty excited. Super happy that he doesn’t need his dupe because I have him but not duped. Looks like he can deal some good damage and his poisons can be refreshed so thats sweet. Only thing I wish they did was change his animations. They’re so basic and with Ant Man they could have made some fun or unique animations. Like his specials look good but his basic animation or at least his heavy could have been changed.

They mentioned not having an opportunity to update the animations but that they can do that down the road as its own separate visual buff. So similar to what they did with spider Gwen prior to her getting a buff, they can always just change the animations of a particular special.
  • mbracembrace Member Posts: 883 ★★★
    Survivability utility that goes on cooldown seems like a bad idea. His poison damage is locked up in SP2, but spamming SP1 is the way you need to play him. It seems like he had potential, and then it got ruined by conflicting mechanics.
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Member Posts: 818 ★★★★
    Sean_Who said:

As someone who cannot Quake, I'm excited to have a usable champion for Nick's evade synergy.

Is he going to jump to the top of my rank up list? Probably not, but I'm excited to see him in action.

Oh, I completely forgot about that synergy! I don’t have a Quake but have a r3 awakened Nick I use almost daily and a 6* Antman who was warming the bench until now. Excited to use this synergy again.
  • AidenTheWiseAidenTheWise Member Posts: 311 ★★
    mbrace said:

Survivability utility that goes on cooldown seems like a bad idea. His poison damage is locked up in SP2, but spamming SP1 is the way you need to play him. It seems like he had potential, and then it got ruined by conflicting mechanics.

His sp1 isn’t necessary to gain pym particles. Ideally his rotation would be 3 sp1s and then sp2 for max poisons and then 3 sp1s for max fatigues. You can still gain pym particles by dexing and you really only need to throw sp2 once. Still a lot of power you would need, but worth it in long fights. Only conflicting mechanic in my opinion is that his playstyle discourages intercepting. You want max pym particles to deal the most damage but intercepting removes 1 pym particle every time. So hopefully he has a lot of block proficiency.