Why was the Ant-Man synergy Ghost has, changed? Was that really necessary?

SquammoSquammo Member Posts: 525 ★★★

Additionally, after some testing he’s only getting the normal amount of particles. There’s also a typo.

Comments

• Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Member Posts: 990 ★★★★
    Previously antman with ghost and cap falcon was super fun to play and had great damage and not too hard to maintain the debuffs but after using him now though the utility is good the damage is kinda hard to maintain and it is lesser than what he was dealing before.

So in short yes it was necessary to nerf the synergy😑😑
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,328 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022
    Antman's synergies are kind of a mess right now, but this synergy seems to be working properly. It is only the Pym Particles that he gains from using his Sp1 that are doubled, not any that he would get from triggering his buff immunity. However, there are a number of problems with his other synergies.

First off, Antman is not currently glancing on blocked attacks. Therefore, his Wasp synergy that grants him fury passives when glancing attacks is substantially less useful. Previously, Antman could block a special attack to proc those furies. Now he has to take the attack fully into the face to do so.

Additionally, I know the Captain America (Sam Wilson) synergy was modified to remove the debuff pausing capability because Antman can now pause and refresh those debuffs on his base kit. That's totally fine. However, the rest of the synergy gives Antman 100% chance to place a fatigue on the opponent with each hit of the Sp1, which is also a thing already in his base kit.

Through testing, I see that this is placing an *additional* fatigue per hit, which is essentially identical to the new Ghost synergy, except for two differences. First, these extra fatigues can go above the 12 stack limit. Second, they cannot be refreshed via intercept or punishing the opponent's heavy. This may seem like a decent tradeoff if you are able to rush up to an sp2 before these non-refreshable fatigues expire, except that Antman's poisons have their own cap of 12, so the extra fatigues cannot be converted into poisons. The *only* purpose they serve is making Antman's power sting a tiny bit stronger. That's the whole synergy now. This seems pretty unhelpful, but if anybody can see a meaningful use for it, please let me know.

His rework is good overall and I'm definitely happy with it, but there are also some interactions now that seem like either bugs (for the Wasp synergy), or just useless in the context of his new kit.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★
    Squammo said:

Before his buff, the synergy was required to give him damage. After his buff, he now has the damage from his base kit so the synergy isn’t necessary

Any attack from the synergy would mean that balancing of his base kit would be necessary to make sure he isn’t doing more damage than intended.

This synergy is better, because it means Ant Man can be good on his base kit, while the synergy gives him some extra perks.

Where does that damage come from, though? The Poisons? Only his sp2 gives him an attack boost and the poisons can be really tricky to keep up at times.
    I just mean that pre-buff Ant Man without any synergies would take like 10 minutes to take down WS, now he'll do it in 3 mins. Overall damage is better now.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,807 ★★★★★

Rank down tickets should be given for all synergy changes that simple. Some rank up just for the synergy so fair is fair if they messing with it.

So what was nerfed with Ant Man to deserve RDTs?
  • ExHavokExHavok Member Posts: 519 ★★★
    I wish they worked his abilities as hard as they did for his synergies.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,425 ★★★★★
    Maybe AW defense? Just to be clear I only have 1/25 antman and am not asking for RDT’s. Just answering the question.
  • slackerslacker Member Posts: 774 ★★★★

RyanGolf said:

Rank down tickets should be given for all synergy changes that simple. Some rank up just for the synergy so fair is fair if they messing with it.

I 100% agree. the only reason I ranked him up was because of his synergy. he is now a better champ as a solo fighter but far worse than when he had the previous synergies
    So just to clarify, do you prefer Ant Man as a champion pre buff who has 0 utility, requires a full synergy team and has a massive ramp up to have big damage - compared to post buff with poison, shock and buff immunity, quicker access to big damage, 0 reliance on synergies and a miss counter?

Personally, I think pre buff Ant Man is a relatively useless addition to any sort of meta in the game, but post buff he is going to be a staple AW attacker as the first buff immune champion with additional immunities.
    Lol, i just note that Antman has triple immunities, buff, shock and poison.
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Member Posts: 618 ★★★
    Without synergies: nice poison damage that requires almost 4 specials to get to. Little disappointed but once it is up it ticks pretty nicely.
  • PetieCameronPetieCameron Member Posts: 260
    I don't mean rank down tickets for ant-man for Ronin,wasp,ghost and all other champs affected by ant-man.there was nothing about it what so ever now our synergy champs are affected just because some are happy about antman not everyone is stop trying to bully people out of there opinion because some u get what u want.
  • benshbbenshb Member Posts: 811 ★★★★
    With only the quantum trinity Ant-Man is awesome. 2 sp1, get in some hit with glancing for 3 fury then sp2, and my 5r4 unboosted, non suicide, I'm class minus Ant-Man dealt 2400 poinon per tick against WS. I can only imagine what can he do at r3 boosted, suicide, maybe class bonus
  • Goldcup7Goldcup7 Member Posts: 42
    Disappointed with the buff. He was great fun with Sam Wilson synergy, but the fun has gone now. I will have to test him some more to see if I will be using him now.
  • PetieCameronPetieCameron Member Posts: 260
    AHH well if that's true all good people was saying synergy changed not if not then I can admit when I'm wrong I thought synergy were worse now du to antman changes my bad.