**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Legends run time

Just finished my legends run for Sept eq and either I did something catastrophically wrong or I'm not aware of some kind of info that could've affected my time. All went extremely smoothly, every fight was between 1-5 seconds, loading times never went over 5 seconds, 6*r3 corvus fully boosted with falcon attack team, banged the entire thing out in 1 sitting no interruptions no bathroom breaks, game didn't crash once and no lag. So in my head I'm thinking I'm making great time but it ends up taking me 4 hrs 9 mins according to my timer. Now ofc it could be off but could it really be an hour off? Unlikely. I'm curious to hear everyone else's times if any of you have done yours yet. Only thing I can think of that would add an hour to my time would be that this month's eq was longer than normal. Any help on this would be very appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    It is never wise to do a day 1 legends run due to all the bugs the update brings. There is currently a bug where your travel time between nodes is slower. That adds a lot of time between fights. Idk if it ever will be patched in time, but if it isn't, then it might be likely that everyone will suffer from major time loss.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

It is never wise to do a day 1 legends run due to all the bugs the update brings. There is currently a bug where your travel time between nodes is slower. That adds a lot of time between fights. Idk if it ever will be patched in time, but if it isn't, then it might be likely that everyone will suffer from major time loss.

I noticed I was moving slow between nodes. Only have done side quest so I didn't know if it was affecting other areas of the game.
  • Options
    CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★

Just finished my legends run for Sept eq and either I did something catastrophically wrong or I'm not aware of some kind of info that could've affected my time. All went extremely smoothly, every fight was between 1-5 seconds, loading times never went over 5 seconds, 6*r3 corvus fully boosted with falcon attack team, banged the entire thing out in 1 sitting no interruptions no bathroom breaks, game didn't crash once and no lag. So in my head I'm thinking I'm making great time but it ends up taking me 4 hrs 9 mins according to my timer. Now ofc it could be off but could it really be an hour off? Unlikely. I'm curious to hear everyone else's times if any of you have done yours yet. Only thing I can think of that would add an hour to my time would be that this month's eq was longer than normal. Any help on this would be very appreciated.

You using Android? It's really slow. I've compared to how fast I see stuff load on YT.
    Last month I had a similar time - it felt laggy and only had one crash. I had a ton of energy refills expiring, so no real cost and did give me a practice run.

Oddly the other day, I think my phone did a massive memory dump and the game was running super fast for about 30 minutes. It's interesting to see the difference between the game running well and how it normally runs on my phone. Night and day. I believe the biggest deciding factor in times is device and connection speed. My time difference between heroic and master was less than 10 minutes, which means it's not the difference in difficulty that is taking the time... it's load times.
  • Options
    That's the reality though. When fight times are literally seconds, it's going to be other factors that actually determine whether or not your time is good enough. It really shouldn't be Heroic and Master anymore. What's legendary about someone's ability to burn through 60 paths of 7 1 second 1 hit fights.
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,831 ★★★★★
    This is crazy! I did the august legends run and finished 3:06. Where come the additional hour from? Especially when you felt that everything worked smooth
  • Options
    Sir_GlobalotSir_Globalot Posts: 168 ★★
    Yep, know the feeling! Did my first Legends run last night and on Android, it took 4 hours 18 minutes with a r3 Herc and relevant synergies plus boosts and constang energy. Every heroic fight was over in 1/2 hits, every master fight over in at least 5.

Got a bad feeling I'm nowhere near.
  • Options
    BestAnandBestAnand Posts: 42
    I did 3 hrs 55 mins

Was feeling I'm out of race... But looks like I am in.
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    edited September 2022
    Off topic, but just wondering: Wouldn’t Unstoppable Colossus be the perfect champ for legends run, because you don’t lose 1-2 seconds from the initial parry at the start of the fight, thanks to unstoppable… Over 500 fights that would be about 10-15 minutes saved.

Then again, who would dupe/awaken a 6* UC and bring him to rank 4, just for the legends title? o:)
  • Options

Off topic, but just wondering: Wouldn’t Unstoppable Colossus be the perfect champ for legends run, because you don’t lose 1-2 seconds from the initial parry at the start of the fight, thanks to unstoppable… Over 500 fights that would be about 10-15 minutes saved.

Then again, who would dupe/awaken a 6* UC and bring him to rank 4, just for the legends title? o:)

You actually do not parry. You start every fight with a light attack directly. That’s what I did :smile:
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★

You actually do not parry. You start every fight with a light attack directly. That’s what I did :smile:
    Wait, what? That works? *MIND BLOWN*
  • Options
    Yes you can practice that in arena. It’s like tap tap tap tap tap tap when the fight starts 😅
  • Options

Yep, know the feeling! Did my first Legends run last night and on Android, it took 4 hours 18 minutes with a r3 Herc and relevant synergies plus boosts and constang energy. Every heroic fight was over in 1/2 hits, every master fight over in at least 5.

Hopefully this is an issue 100% of players have, if not then i dont see how this months run was fair if only certain players have this problem. In hindsight i shouldve waited maybe a week into the event to do my run. But you never know we could still be in the run!
  • Options

This is crazy! I did the august legends run and finished 3:06. Where come the additional hour from? Especially when you felt that everything worked smooth

I believe there's an issue with moving between nodes being noticeably slower, not entirely sure though. I am on android but my phone has good specs and the loading times were quick.
  • Options
    edited September 2022

Hopefully this is an issue 100% of players have, if not then i dont see how this months run was fair if only certain players have this problem. In hindsight i shouldve waited maybe a week into the event to do my run. But you never know we could still be in the run!
    Totally agree. If we're all hindered by the slow path issue and we all get times around the 4hr mark this month, then cool. I don't mind losing out if I simply wasn't good enough, but losing out because the game was 1hr slower for us is simply not on.
  • Options

Totally agree. If we're all hindered by the slow path issue and we all get times around the 4hr mark this month, then cool. I don't mind losing out if I simply wasn't good enough, but losing out because the game was 1hr slower for us is simply not on.
    Also, if all players do have this problem then the fix should be pushed back until legend runs are cutoff for this month in 2 weeks time.
  • Options

Also, if all players do have this problem then the fix should be pushed back until legend runs are cutoff for this month in 2 weeks time.
    Either that or people that completed it in the first few days pre-patch should be judged on their times, as anyone post-patch will likely be an hour quicker.

Honestly very glad it wasnt just me panicking about my time.
  • Options

Either that or people that completed it in the first few days pre-patch should be judged on their times, as anyone post-patch will likely be an hour quicker.

Yeah knowing it wasn't just me has calmed my nerves a bit haha.
  • Options

Yeah knowing it wasn't just me has calmed my nerves a bit haha.
    Here's hoping nobody else tries this month due to the issues and there's only 10 of us that tried lol
  • Options
    HulkbusterN1HulkbusterN1 Posts: 211 ★★
    5 sec loading time is too much
  • Options
    Vergeman78Vergeman78 Posts: 132 ★★
    Yes, let’s hope they don’t resolve a bug for 2 weeks. Let’s let thousands and thousands of players waste hours on a slow game so a few people who rushed on content for a meaningless title don’t feel left out
  • Options
    CadenCaden Posts: 6
    Has anyone received their Legends title yet, from the August batch?
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Caden said:

No but the announcement is not updated yet

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/9833/hall-of-legends/p4
  • Options

Caden said:

No but the announcement is not updated yet

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/9833/hall-of-legends/p4
    Thanks Fit, I couldn’t for the life of me find where the list was. Turns out I was searching the wrong phase!
  • Options

Jipppiiiiee 😃😃
  • Options
    For reference, one of my Alliance mates ran it for August. He was around 60ish with a time of 3:33:16 (by his estimate)
  • Options
    Got mine too, my second attempt I was about 3.15-3.30 sorry can’t be more accurate.

• Options
    JrogJrog Posts: 1
    edited April 13
    Is 2 hour and 29 min a good time? For a legend run?
  • Options
    StertslStertsl Posts: 72
    Holy necro