The grandmaster's gauntlet was reset

Comments

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    This feels like the whole act 7 offer that was run 3 (?)times. If they decide to run gauntlet again
  • SearmenisSearmenis Member Posts: 1,598 ★★★★★
    Resetting the rewards for everyone won't be fair for people who haven't touched it yet, since they ll be getting them only once, when others will get them twice or thrice.
  • jaymania82jaymania82 Member Posts: 77
    question for those who can run it. did you guys finish full exploration or just straight through and did the completion and still got rewards but left it not 100 explored because of the glitch. because i did the completion got all the rewards but not bothered to 100 percent it. I feel if they let the people who did it keep the rewards maybe allow and reset it for everyone.
    Primis00 said:

Searmenis said:

Resetting the rewards for everyone won't be fair for people who haven't touched it yet, since they ll be getting them only once, when others will get them twice or thrice.

That's unfortunately the best option they have tho. The other option is to ban people who did it again, which is imo unfair. And the other is to take back the rewards, which is very hard to do.

Unfortunately if you hadn't done it previously then yeah, you will lose out on rewards. But that's no different to the people who weren't able to do it last year when it came out the first time.
    And there s the ones who didn't do it the first time around, who will get treated unfair the most. If that s the "best" option, let s give them one set of rewards for free.
  • Primis00Primis00 Member Posts: 269 ★★★
    Searmenis said:

Primis00 said:

Searmenis said:

That's unfortunately the best option they have tho. The other option is to ban people who did it again, which is imo unfair. And the other is to take back the rewards, which is very hard to do.

Unfortunately if you hadn't done it previously then yeah, you will lose out on rewards. But that's no different to the people who weren't able to do it last year when it came out the first time.
    And there s the ones who didn't do it the first time around, who will get treated unfair the most. If that s the "best" option, let s give them one set of rewards for free.
    You can hope for it, but it probably wont happen. Most likely outcome is everyone gets to do it again, if you didnt do it the first or second time, Then tough luck.
    Primis00 said:

Searmenis said:

Primis00 said:

Searmenis said:

You can hope for it, but it probably wont happen. Most likely outcome is everyone gets to do it again, if you didnt do it the first or second time, Then tough luck.
    Tough luck or not, unfair is unfair. Don't be like the people saying "you had one week to do EoP, if you got the no resources bug the last day, that's on you, tough luck". There s a timer for a reason, and this is permanent, one and done content for the same reason.
    edited September 2022
    Searmenis said:

Primis00 said:

Searmenis said:

Primis00 said:

Searmenis said:

Tough luck or not, unfair is unfair. Don't be like the people saying "you had one week to do EoP, if you got the no resources bug the last day, that's on you, tough luck". There s a timer for a reason, and this is permanent, one and done content for the same reason.
    Life aint fair. Also i am one of those people. **** happens, if you wait until last minute to do something, you might lose out on it, that can happen literally anywhere.
  • AmaadAkiraAmaadAkira Member Posts: 388 ★★★
    This may be the case, but regardless, if you haven't done gauntlet already, you've done it 0 times, whereas, some others have done it up to 3 times. If everyone's progress is reset, all it does is bridges the gap between the people who've done it 0 times, 1 time or 2 times, with the people who took advantage of the bug and did it 3 times. There's 0 net negative for anyone and a net positive for most players.
  • Mcghee3Mcghee3 Member Posts: 93
    @Kabam Zibiit Any news on a rerun?
    Primis00 said:

Searmenis said:

Primis00 said:

Searmenis said:

Primis00 said:

Searmenis said:

Life aint fair. Also i am one of those people. **** happens, if you wait until last minute to do something, you might lose out on it, that can happen literally anywhere.
    This is not "life", this is a game you play to relax from these unfortunate accidents. I m not even mentioning that you pay for it, so as a customer you demand equal treatment. At the least.

And for the record, I ve done Gauntlet twice. I m not talking about me. I m talking about what s fair. And this isn't, even if you chose to blindly deny it.
    Searmenis said:

Primis00 said:

Searmenis said:

Primis00 said:

Searmenis said:

Primis00 said:

Searmenis said:

This is not "life", this is a game you play to relax from these unfortunate accidents. I m not even mentioning that you pay for it, so as a customer you demand equal treatment. At the least.

And for the record, I ve done Gauntlet twice. I m not talking about me. I m talking about what s fair. And this isn't, even if you chose to blindly deny it.
    Eh you dont pay for it tho, Its free with optional paying, so you cant really fall on that argument. And i never said it wasnt unfair, But its something you gotta deal with, because i am damn sure Kabam wont just send out the rewards in the mail because its "unfair" otherwise. They will let people do the gauntlet again most likely, thats the most fair outcome.
    Primis00 said:

Searmenis said:

Primis00 said:

Searmenis said:

Primis00 said:

Searmenis said:

Primis00 said:

Searmenis said:

Eh you dont pay for it tho, Its free with optional paying, so you cant really fall on that argument. And i never said it wasnt unfair, But its something you gotta deal with, because i am damn sure Kabam wont just send out the rewards in the mail because its "unfair" otherwise. They will let people do the gauntlet again most likely, thats the most fair outcome.
    The comment with the free rewards wasn't a serious one, obviously, it was an exaggeration
  • Lestat2499Lestat2499 Member Posts: 287 ★★★
    This is now the third time some people get to run it. For something that was supposed to be a one time thing. Everyone should be able to run it the same number of times to keep the contest fair
  • BamajdBamajd Member Posts: 97

@Kabam Zibiit
    I know that my / our opinion does not count for you, but if you start banning people who did it for the third time, it will be a loss of players' trust for you, in my opinion you should reset the progress gauntlet and make sure that this situation never happens again.

If anyone reruns this and then gets upset about getting banned that'd be hilarious. No one can reasonably say they just assumed that it was supposed to reset.
    That’s true but why not disable the quest to everyone until they decide what to do or at least respond with a statement or update
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Member Posts: 2,653 ★★★★★
    Several thoughts. First, they really should have announced their intentions by now. Maybe not a full fix yet, but at least wether or not they intend to leave it open/punish those who go through again because this seems like ridiculously slow timing on their behalf.

Second, I know plenty of people will complain that some people have gotten to do it twice already and potentially will get to have rewards for a third time. This oversimplifies matters, as anyone who didn’t do it the first time just missed out. When they opened it back up for everyone, I feel like most people were understandable and even congratulated Kabam on what seemed like a “pro-player” move. It’s not like those people were just gifted a second set of rewards, they still had to explore it. Now, if Kabam were to undo everyone’s progress and reset it, I feel like it should be seen similarly. If you were ready to take on the Gauntlet when it was re-introduced, I can’t imagine that you left it this long. Now, it’s not ideal, nor is it exactly what Kabam planned on, but I don’t think this scenario is entirely unfair to any players. Sure, it might suck for those who were planning on doing it for the first or second time this week, but it’s not like they are getting less rewards for the effort they put in. It would be more like this secondary release was a temporary release and with the new reset, it has become permanent content.

Might be a hot take, but personally this is miles better than the 7.4 offer fiasco. You didn’t have to have mega units saved up to take advantage, and people who pay for units won’t have had as big of an advantage (as it is easily doable for no money if you have decent skills/champs).
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,966 ★★★★★

I just recently did the gauntlet when it was released this summer. My progression had reset today, and I assumed it was because Kabam was allowing those who only did it once to do it again. I did it before discovering it was a bug. If my rewards are taken back, will I be able to revert back to what I had in terms of potions? I don’t plan on touching any of the champs or items I’ve obtained

These are great questions. At this stage, the Gauntlet has been open to some but not all Summoners for the past day or so. Like you, some have already been through once and got a chance to go again. Others, like me, have also been through once and did not get a chance to go again.

What’s fair in that situation?

If it were me, I would remove all progress from the Gauntlet for everyone who has done it, except for people like you who have already gotten a second bite at the apple. People like you would keep your additional rewards but be locked out again and people like me would get a chance to run it again for more rewards.

This is not an insignificant issue, and several players have come here, to the official forums, to ask and find out what the team plans to do.

Until very recently, there hasn’t been an answer—now, late in the day, there is a forums banner advising against doing it again.

What do you think should be done in this situation?

Dr. Zola
  • SnakepSnakep Member Posts: 362 ★★★

I just recently did the gauntlet when it was released this summer. My progression had reset today, and I assumed it was because Kabam was allowing those who only did it once to do it again. I did it before discovering it was a bug. If my rewards are taken back, will I be able to revert back to what I had in terms of potions? I don’t plan on touching any of the champs or items I’ve obtained

You just randomly assumed it was reset to allow you to do it a second time without any confirmation of this, rushed back in immediately to clear the whole thing again before it could be acknowledged to get the rewards a second time and now are shocked when it seems it wasn’t supposed to be reset??? Yeah, I’d say the story checks out, hope it all works out for you in the end.
  • MmaatthheewwMmaatthheeww Member Posts: 57
    @Snakep, back in 2021, players were given a chance to do the gauntlet. It came back around this year, and I got my chance. However, it then became permanent allowing those who did it last year to do it this year, but those who did it this year to only do it once. KT1 made a video on it today, and I assumed that kabam was letting those who did it only once to be able to do it a second time. You can attack me, because, honestly, I see how it looks but nothing about what I did was intentional. It’ll be stupid to take advantage of a bug when you know that you’ll get punished for it; I didn’t think this was a bug.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,334 ★★★★★
    Furry82 said:

At this point it shouldn’t even need to be re run as people have already benefited from this bug, make no mistake this isn’t a small issue as those who have run it know the awards are account changing! That said it’s now about keeping the contest fair and the only way to do so is allow everyone the same opportunity now….

If you have an account that can run Gauntlet without issue or advance notice and not use a massive amount of items, then the rewards aren’t account changing for you. They’re good, for sure, but “account changing” is a huge claim.
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Member Posts: 324 ★★
    Searmenis said:

Primis00 said:

Searmenis said:

Primis00 said:

Searmenis said:

Primis00 said:

Searmenis said:

Primis00 said:

Searmenis said:

The comment with the free rewards wasn't a serious one, obviously, it was an exaggeration
    You are absolutely correct in all aspects. There's no scenario where some players get the opportunity to receive double/triple rewards as part of the resolution, that is fair. If Kabam actually aims to be fair then they should take the content down, take back (maybe even punish) from those who ran it a second time, restore progress and put the content back up again.
    Alternatively, give everyone who hasn't completed the gauntlet the rewards and reset it for the whole community. Anything else is unfair.
    To label those that will not receive extra rewards as "unlucky" is grossly inaccurate and misguided, especially for permanent, high end content.
  • Kelwin2003Kelwin2003 Member Posts: 12
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit I don't know what you will be deciding for this but I must say that the best penalty for doing this would be open it one more time for everyone because it is impossible to take it back from everyone and I don't think of banning the players who played this game whole heartedly from a long time like 5 to 10 years because they are the only one who can explore this thing and opening it for everyone can be a beneficial deal for all.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Member Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    The issue with just blanket opening it back for everyone is the people that have hurried up an done it again since it reset will then be able to do it a 4th time potentially 😂
  • Kelwin2003Kelwin2003 Member Posts: 12
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit or ypu can ban then for 1 day or 2 thats all I can suggest more than this will be painfull for many players who played gauntlet before your notice of harm in their account as the penalty.
  • Dark_hoodsDark_hoods Member Posts: 157 ★★

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit or ypu can ban then for 1 day or 2 thats all I can suggest more than this will be painfull for many players who played gauntlet before your notice of harm in their account as the penalty.

personally id rather get gauntlet rewards and get banned for 2 days than the alternative lol
  • MmaatthheewwMmaatthheeww Member Posts: 57
    @AlecFantastic, that’s just about the dumbest thing I’ve heard. Yes, there were exploiters, but that doesn’t mean you should be getting all the rewards from the gauntlet for doing nothing. What you should have said is that kabam should open the gauntlet up for those who didn’t exploit it to get a rerun. You compared it to the act 7 offer. People didn’t get that for free, when the offer came a second time, everyone still had to pay units.
  • GoDlyZorGoDlyZor Member Posts: 150
    Any updates to this? If you do not want people to do it again for those (few? many?) that it reset for, then why is the quest still active and not temporarily locked? Is the tech not available?