Options

alternative view on rank down tickets

Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 771 ★★★
edited September 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
Its seems like every month or two, there is some champion rework which has mixed reviews, a change in game which has negative impact on a champion, a change in meta (e.g. prestige list), etc.

Rather than applying ridiculous amount of scrutiny and making new custom rank down items each time, which historically have had issues like "where is my gold" or "can I get my sig stones back"...

Why not take the time and develop one rank down item which is programmed to rank a champ at any Rank, level, or sig down to 1,1,unawakened, and provide back the equivalent resources.

Then Once every year or so... give summoners 1 of these with a shelf life of one year. Maybe someone ranked up Juggernaut for defense / wants their resources back. Maybe someone has buyers remorse on their Omega sentinel.

half the time, after the community pushes for, and kabam agrees to issues tickets, people realize... well actually I still like them / keep them. Some people listen to youtubers and forum trolls, and just assume things rather than trying the new champs themselves before forming an opinion.... and then each person's needs are different.

Rather than having this nerf/rank down ticket debate each time... just give people one, and let them choose which change really means something to them / warrants its use.

Comments

• Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I disagree. RDTs aren’t for buyers remorse with a champion. Rank down tickets should only ever be given in one situation. When a champion is changed sufficiently to the point where a large part of the reason you ranked them up is rendered useless. See Moleman.

The reason there is a huge debate every time is because there needs to be - it can sometimes be a complex issue whether a change deserves a RDT. This is a case by case basis that doesn’t have a one size fits all rule.

Giving 1 RDT a year won’t solve this. What if there are 0 changes that need RDTs? What if there are 10?

Better to take each case one by one and see which deserves RDTs.
  • Options
    Hey @Qwerty12345, thanks for the suggestion. However, we've already stated in the Forum FAQs that we don't have any plans to bring back Rank Down Tickets. If we happen to change our minds about that in the future, we'll be sure to let everyone know!
This discussion has been closed.