**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Minimize wasting energy [merged]

Musha27Musha27 Posts: 118
edited September 2022 in General Discussion
Honestly
Not to be rude but I don't get the whole point of this. There are no fights on either paths so why we couldn't just go straight to the boss?
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★

I was just about to create a post about this. What a bunch of hot garbage - 30 energy for nothing. I've been mad at that last 3 after the boss the past few times, but this is ridiculous.

Those energy moves would have been in between the champions either way. They’ve just been moved to the end, you haven’t been cheated of anything don’t worry.
    We're on a 9 day record breaking heatwave out here. "Saving energy" is required by the State and it's on my mind 24/7 ;)

It just feels cheap to do all those moves and burn the energy for the sake of making it the same cost around a map picture. I had 21 full energy in overflow going into this so I don't need it, but the design still feels like waste... Even though it's the same energy cost (yes, I know).
  • Musha27Musha27 Posts: 118
    Maratox said:

Musha27 said:

Honestly
    Not to be rude but I don't get the whole point of this. There are no fights on either paths so why we couldn't just go straight to the boss?

It compliments the story. You’re not wasting energy because it’s the same amount of energy as it always is. Just a different layout
    Exact energy or not this is still clownery
  • Musha27Musha27 Posts: 118
    No_oneuk said:

I was just about to create a post about this. What a bunch of hot garbage - 30 energy for nothing. I've been mad at that last 3 after the boss the past few times, but this is ridiculous.

It's the EXACT same energy cost as last month and the month before and the month before that. They ALWAYS use the same amount of energy.
    But what's the point of this?
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Musha27 said:

No_oneuk said:

It's the EXACT same energy cost as last month and the month before and the month before that. They ALWAYS use the same amount of energy.
    But what's the point of this?
    An aesthetically pleasing map design. Like a map shaped like a spider, the avengers logo, or the X-men logo. They do these things fairly often.
  • Dhorne61Dhorne61 Posts: 109
    What is the point of having 9 empty nodes before the boss and 1 empty one after? So we use almost half an energy refill to go around a point less circle. Why are you having us waste resources like this? @Kabam Miike
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Those energy moves would have been in between the champions either way. They’ve just been moved to the end, you haven’t been cheated of anything don’t worry.
    We're on a 9 day record breaking heatwave out here. "Saving energy" is required by the State and it's on my mind 24/7 ;)

It just feels cheap to do all those moves and burn the energy for the sake of making it the same cost around a map picture. I had 21 full energy in overflow going into this so I don't need it, but the design still feels like waste... Even though it's the same energy cost (yes, I know).
    If you’d rather it wasn’t like this then you’ll just have to use the same amount of energy to get between the fights. Notice how all the champions are very close together on the paths.

If that’s what you’d rather then that’s your right, but as you know it’ll be the exact same amount of energy total it’s an odd request.
  • WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 778 ★★★
    Bro you guys are mad because you do not have energy in the overflow Like I do
  • Dukenpuke said:

agree..but wrong side they watching..lol
  • MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,476 ★★★★★
    SCP1504 said:

And nothing about a circle says wrestling lol

I’m pretty sure wrestling matches take place… in a ring lol
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    SCP1504 said:

It looks terrible and feels wasteful, not to mention making you run almost the exact same path twice to cover like 1 dotted line
    Which happens in act 6 several times iirc

It's the same thing when people would rather pay 15£ with free shipping than pay 10£ and 5£ for the exact same good

And nothing about a circle says wrestling lol

Looks are subjective, I like it and I thought it was a fun design choice. I’m not saying you have to like the layout, but to complain it’s wasteful is just categorically wrong.

I don’t know much about the character of Titania, but my point is that the ring and the number 1 is clearly a thematic choice that adds 0 to your total energy cost.

If someone complained that they had to pay £10 and £5 shipping rather than £15 straight up I’d tell them they were complaining about nothing as well. It’s the same total cost.

It’s the same total energy and you don’t repeat any fights over and over. The issue here is that people have an emotional reaction and let that inform their opinion. “Arghh there’s a waste of energy at the end that they didn’t need to put in”. Except… there’s a “waste” of energy in every quest ever, because Kabam have a quota of how many energy the quest will cost. 10 random nodes put into paths will be 30 extra energy whether it’s at the end or dotted around.

If they hadn’t done this, you wouldn’t save any energy at all. You’d just have a business as normal quest, which the designers clearly didn’t want to do. This is exactly the same as making an X shaped quest for an Xmen champion. So instead of making your opinion based on emotion, just think about and and think about whether it really matters, or if you’re just complaining about nothing