**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Battlegrounds Query

MackeyMackey Posts: 1,551 ★★★★★
edited September 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
I have a question about the report cheating on your opponents profile.

If one was to think one was cheating and hit that report button, what exactly does it do? If 20 people hit that mistakenly thinking one was cheating when in reality they're just majorly outplayed them would that then result in a temporary ban? What's the process of this avenue?

Seems extremely unfair if you do in fact receive a ban after receiving x amount of cheating report ......

Thoughts?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    I think they review the fight/fights
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,167 ★★★★
    I don't think they would share their process as it would inform the cheaters on what they need to bypass.

Stats would be nice, how many people pressed report, how many people were banned, average resolution time etc. But would rather they focus on the current issues we are facing.
  • Options
    SandeepS said:

I don't think they would share their process as it would inform the cheaters on what they need to bypass.

Stats would be nice, how many people pressed report, how many people were banned, average resolution time etc. But would rather they focus on the current issues we are facing.

That's true, but maybe a vague answer would suffice, along the line of " we review after we received -undisclosed- amount of reports 🤔.

I only ask as I got a pal who has been banned out of nowhere, I know he's a fully legitimate player but all we can think is that he got the 7 day ban due to being reported for cheating in battlegrounds 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Before a mod chimes in and says we can't discuss bans here .... I am not trying (nor wanting) to discuss the ban in itself, only how that system works 🤣
  • Options
    Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★
    Mackey said:

SandeepS said:

That's true, but maybe a vague answer would suffice, along the line of " we review after we received -undisclosed- amount of reports 🤔.

I only ask as I got a pal who has been banned out of nowhere, I know he's a fully legitimate player but all we can think is that he got the 7 day ban due to being reported for cheating in battlegrounds 🤷‍♂️
    Highly unlikely he was banned for anything BG related given kabams history with timeframe for banning cheats 😅
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    They should set it up so that if you report someone is a cheater and you’re wrong, then you get banned from Battlegrounds for a short time. Something to discourage people from overusing this.
  • Options
    Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★
    I’ve started a couple discussions about the cheating but nobody can see my discussions? I’m not in forum jail in my discussions are not getting removed but nobody can see them besides me?

The cheating right now is ridiculous my defenders are getting beaten by 4000 hero rating attackers in my defenders are all ranked 36 stars
  • Options

They should set it up so that if you report someone is a cheater and you’re wrong, then you get banned from Battlegrounds for a short time. Something to discourage people from overusing this.

Yeah I'd get behind that. There is no doubt going to be a LOT of sore losers who will hit it for the sake of hitting it too
  • Options

Mackey said:

SandeepS said:

Highly unlikely he was banned for anything BG related given kabams history with timeframe for banning cheats 😅
    Do they take their sweet time then I guess?
  • Options
    Once someone has been reported, an investigation is carried out to determine if our Terms of Service has been violated in any way. If we find that someone has cheated, appropriate actions will be taken to punish their behavior. If they haven't violated our Terms of Service, no action will be taken.
This discussion has been closed.