Content Creation

Sl0thSl0th Member Posts: 19
I wanted to get into Content Creation about MCOC, but i dont know if i have to buy a license or something like that to upload the vids. Does anyone know if i have to buy the rights or if i can just upload the vids?

Comments

• Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Member Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    You don't need a license for Youtube content creation
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Member Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    I did MCOC yt vids for about a year and nothing was really needed to start doing the vids. Just start a YT channel, screen record, get good at editing, figure out what people want to see and go from there. Once you get 1k subs and 4k viewed content you can get your channel monetized.

If you want to become a formal content creator through kabam, there is a separate process but first you need to get your channel up and going strong before you can even apply.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Member Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

The only thing to be aware of when making YouTube videos though is to be careful with music. Using copyrighted music is a big no no and can lead to all kinds of headaches. It’s best to search for Royalty Free music, or if you have some extra money looking on services like Fiverr for someone who can make you some original background music.

Best of luck to you!

Very valid point, been so long since I did a vid I forgot that one. Also, most editing apps have free music options, although some of them require proper citation (I used to put a 2 second pop up in bottom corner with music citation).
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Member Posts: 2,363 ★★★★
    edited September 2022
    ItsDamien said:

The only thing to be aware of when making YouTube videos though is to be careful with music. Using copyrighted music is a big no no and can lead to all kinds of headaches. It’s best to search for Royalty Free music, or if you have some extra money looking on services like Fiverr for someone who can make you some original background music.

Best of luck to you!

Thank you for succinctly providing helpful information for those wanting to start a YouTube channel! Good information which is helpful for doing YouTube videos in general.
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Member Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Yeah normally when you add music or something, don't you typically have to put up something like "I don't own the rights to this music"
  • H3t3rH3t3r Member, Guardian Posts: 2,882 Guardian
    ItsDamien said:

Best of luck to you!

That might be changing per youtubes new rules coming in the future. Think they are introducing a system where you use copyright music but forfeit a % of revenue of the video. Or you can buy a special license or something like that that protects you.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

ItsDamien said:

Best of luck to you!

Or you can buy a special license or something like that that protects you.
    Pay to win!!
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Member Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

ItsDamien said:

Best of luck to you!

That might be changing per youtubes new rules coming in the future. Think they are introducing a system where you use copyright music but forfeit a % of revenue of the video. Or you can buy a special license or something like that that protects you.
    For sure, but I’d say for a smaller creator starting out it’d best to avoid those issues to begin with, especially with the way they have it planned out for the % of revenue (creators are supposed to get 45% of the revenue for Shorts I believe, however the cut of the copyright owner comes out first before the 45%, so in reality it’ll actually be a lot less than that the creator gets).