**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mephisto Buff Idea

LoganJackman05LoganJackman05 Posts: 29
edited September 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
I always thought Mephisto is a very unique champion. He has power gain, passive damage and power drain on the sp3. Only thing he lacks as a mystic is consistent buff control. He has soul imprisonment in his sp1 but that consumes a persistent charge. Soul imprisonment is unique in itself as well, it isn't a nullify, it isn't a stagger. I guess it is a bit like neutralize.But because of the persistent charge thing, I doubt anybody can utilize the buff control ability. So here is my pitch to make him better:

+ Remove persistent charge requirement from sp1
+ Increase incinerate damage on his aura slightly
+ add the ability to power drain multiple times from sp3 but gain the indefinite aura once

Another point could be adding some sort of nullify attached to his aura but that might be too much and the duration of the aura might need reduction for that. However the above three points alone will make him an amazing character.

Let me know what you think.
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Many people have recently ranked up Mephisto for BGs
    So I doubt they'll have any plans for buffing him anytime soon
    I would want him to be buffed, but I doubt he's in their scheme of things
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    One idea that I've had in my head for ages is that his aura could deal more damage for each buff on the opponent. That way, you would deal with high-buff Cosmic champions better while Science champions (who are typically low on buffs) would take significantly less damage. I think that would be a neat change that falls right in line with him being a Mystic in the game.

Of course, the aura could still deal a base amount of damage. I'm not saying it should deal 0 damage to the opponent if they are Science.
  • Ercarret said:

One idea that I've had in my head for ages is that his aura could deal more damage for each buff on the opponent. That way, you would deal with high-buff Cosmic champions better while Science champions (who are typically low on buffs) would take significantly less damage. I think that would be a neat change that falls right in line with him being a Mystic in the game.

Of course, the aura could still deal a base amount of damage. I'm not saying it should deal 0 damage to the opponent if they are Science.

I like that idea. Anything to make him more like a mystic champion would be good!
  • Pseudo_19Pseudo_19 Posts: 396 ★★
    edited September 2022
    Give his aura a small power drain or even power steal. That would make him a lot better as an attacker while only slightly more annoying on defense. Maybe on power steal while he attacks so it doesn’t affect him on defense.
  • 0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★
    I agree with the persistent charge idea that it shouldn't take a charge for soul imprisonment. It's like he is limited to what he can do with his mystic (nullify) ability. He is already a unique mystic with his current kit. But just a slight change would make him stand out more than the rest.