**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Anyone else having this battlegrounds matchmaking issue

Tijjy007Tijjy007 Posts: 313 ★★★
Im a fairly new tb player with a 2 r3 6* and about 1/3 of my deck are 5 star r4 champs. Im in plat 1 for reference.

Why do i get matched up Alot against paragon players with 5+ r4’s and almost a full team of r3s (who btw have an extremely meta team). How am i supposed to win this kabam?

Comments

• FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

Tijjy007 said:

Im a fairly new tb player with a 2 r3 6* and about 1/3 of my deck are 5 star r4 champs. Im in plat 1 for reference.

Why do i get matched up Alot against paragon players with 5+ r4’s and almost a full team of r3s (who btw have an extremely meta team). How am i supposed to win this kabam?

Do you think you should make it to the very top facing only accounts equal to yours? And be ranked ahead of all those paragons?
    This. People seem to think they should have an easy route in the the gladiator circuit. You’re competing against the entire player base, not just rosters at your progression level.

OP, I’d say you’ve overachieved this season to get into plat 1 with your roster based on feedback I’ve seen so far on the forum.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022
    I am so very tired of people complaining about fighting people with higher rosters while competing in higher tiers. Why in the world do people think they should only get easy same rank matchups when competing in a competitive ranking setup like this.

Kabam matching people by rating in BG is silliest mistake they have made since years ago when they did same nonsense in AW for a season or two.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Tijjy007 said:

Stop complaining. You shouldn't be in Plat with that roster if the game was made correctly.
  • ThiartcThiartc Posts: 265 ★★
    FiiNCH said:

Tijjy007 said:

Do you think you should make it to the very top facing only accounts equal to yours? And be ranked ahead of all those paragons?
    This. People seem to think they should have an easy route in the the gladiator circuit. You’re competing against the entire player base, not just rosters at your progression level.

OP, I’d say you’ve overachieved this season to get into plat 1 with your roster based on feedback I’ve seen so far on the forum.
    Did you not in another threat said roster strength doesn’t really matter, skill is everything?
    Thiartc said:

FiiNCH said:

Tijjy007 said:

Did you not in another threat said roster strength doesn’t really matter, skill is everything?
    I said nothing close to that. The thread your referencing was our take on which is more important to progress - I said skill.

The OP here backs that up seeing as he’s in plat ranking with only 2 rank 3 6*’s.
    Thiartc said:

@FiiNCH

FiiNCH Posts: 1,282 ★★★★★September 21
    Searmenis said:
    » show previous quotes
    And that's exactly (one of) the problem (s) right there: You can reach your limit in four days or a week, and that's it for the season for you. Since you don't want to keep losing, and losing energy or EMs and in general not having fun anymore.
    I don’t agree that rosters define your ‘limit’. I think it’s lazy of people to moan that they’re facing tough rosters which is why they can’t progress. That’s the whole point with it being a competitive game mode.

now you say people that get to higher tier with low level accounts doesnt belong there, last week you said people with mid level decks getting matched with higher tier and lose are lazy.

pick a side buddy

You’re taking it out of context. In the post you’re referencing there, the people I’m replying to are moaning they can’t progress within 4 days of the mode being live. They haven’t put any time into it. They can’t get immediate success so moan it’s too hard and the match ups their facing are too tough - that’s lazy.

I don’t have a ‘side’. In this scenario OP has clearly overachieved based on his roster. I reply to each situation in context.

FiiNCH said:

Thiartc said:

FiiNCH said:

Tijjy007 said:

I said nothing close to that. The thread your referencing was our take on which is more important to progress - I said skill.

The OP here backs that up seeing as he’s in plat ranking with only 2 rank 3 6*’s.
    That absolutely doesn't back up your theory as he's clearly been getting matched with weaker players to get there. As soon as he starts getting matched with decent sized rosters he's getting destroyed and complains on global. Skill has absolutely nothing to do with him being in platinum it's the extremely flawed matchmaking in BG that is matching by roster instead of tier which is ridiculous.
    That’s nonsense. You’re making some massive assumptions that you can’t prove. If someone gets to plat tier with 2 rank 3’s I’d say he’s done very well.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,303 ★★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Thiartc said:

FiiNCH said:

Tijjy007 said:

That absolutely doesn't back up your theory as he's clearly been getting matched with weaker players to get there. As soon as he starts getting matched with decent sized rosters he's getting destroyed and complains on global. Skill has absolutely nothing to do with him being in platinum it's the extremely flawed matchmaking in BG that is matching by roster instead of tier which is ridiculous.
    That’s nonsense. You’re making some massive assumptions that you can’t prove. If someone gets to plat tier with 2 rank 3’s I’d say he’s done very well.
    We were having this conversation on the other thread. So I tried my hand at battlegrounds with my mini account which is uncollected at level 45 and has 3 r5 champs. I didn’t use any of my 6 stars. Just my ranked up 5 stars(7 are r3 and above) and the rest 4*. I faced off in 9 matches so far and won 7. The 2 I lost were in the beginning when I was having connection issues and the game treated them as forfeits. I have reached silver 3 already and am being matched with equal rosters so far and I feel my skill level is higher than people with similar or slightly stronger rosters than mine. So far no single match up against a high cavalier or thronebreaker. On my main in silver, I am consistently matching against paragon.

So from my understanding, the game is trying to match your roster/deck against similar roster/deck in the same tier and if it can’t find any, it tries to match you up against similar roster/deck in the nearby tiers(maybe +/- 1 tier and only then matches against slightly stronger decks. I will continue my experiment as I find more time and see how far I go.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    BGs really need to have 3 separate modes. They need Ranked and Unranked in addition to Friendlies. Ranked should be where you face people based entirely off of your performance within the game mode. Unranked can match you off of deck rating and be used for the 48 Hour events. If they remove rank rewards from the Solo and Alliance Events, I think it would be fine to get Milestone progress here as well. Friendlies are just for funsies and getting to pick your opponent
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Thiartc said:

FiiNCH said:

Tijjy007 said:

Not making any assumptions at all, did you read the same op post I did? He was clearly getting matches with players around his roster strength which is a very mid at best roster.

His whole complaint is that he stopped getting matched with people at his same roster size once he hit platinum when in reality he clearly has no business being in platinum to begin with and wouldn't be there if kabams matchmaking system was so ridiculously setup and taking away the main tier purpose of the mode for matching.
  • DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    Graves_3 said:

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Thiartc said:

FiiNCH said:

Tijjy007 said:

We were having this conversation on the other thread. So I tried my hand at battlegrounds with my mini account which is uncollected at level 45 and has 3 r5 champs. I didn’t use any of my 6 stars. Just my ranked up 5 stars(7 are r3 and above) and the rest 4*. I faced off in 9 matches so far and won 7. The 2 I lost were in the beginning when I was having connection issues and the game treated them as forfeits. I have reached silver 3 already and am being matched with equal rosters so far and I feel my skill level is higher than people with similar or slightly stronger rosters than mine. So far no single match up against a high cavalier or thronebreaker. On my main in silver, I am consistently matching against paragon.

So from my understanding, the game is trying to match your roster/deck against similar roster/deck in the same tier and if it can’t find any, it tries to match you up against similar roster/deck in the nearby tiers(maybe +/- 1 tier and only then matches against slightly stronger decks. I will continue my experiment as I find more time and see how far I go.
    This seems to be exactly how it works. I was having a terrible time with my main and could barely get out of Bronze before hanging it up, then for fun I started using my 3rd account which is newly Cav and have not seen very few TB and not a single Paragon while I’ve gotten up to Gold 1. I don’t think this is how the system should work since my TB account is clearly stronger and should be a better avenue to compete in any competitive mode.

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Thiartc said:

FiiNCH said:

Tijjy007 said:

Not making any assumptions at all, did you read the same op post I did? He was clearly getting matches with players around his roster strength which is a very mid at best roster.

His whole complaint is that he stopped getting matched with people at his same roster size once he hit platinum when in reality he clearly has no business being in platinum to begin with and wouldn't be there if kabams matchmaking system was so ridiculously setup and taking away the main tier purpose of the mode for matching.
    Tbh I wouldn’t of even replied to you in this thread if you hadn’t tagged me about some supposed ‘theory’ I have. We agree on the main point - OP shouldn’t be moaning about matchups when he’s in platinum tier, especially when he’s overachieved based on roster.

I took issue with you saying ‘skill has absolutely nothing to do with him being in plat 1’. You think he just got carried all the way there then by matching people with 4* rosters? I’d honestly like to see the matches he got given.
  • Tijjy007Tijjy007 Posts: 313 ★★★
    For the record id also like to add. In about 1 in 7 games ill meet someone who has 40% 4* in their decks and is considerably weaker than i am at plat 1. Also some of u should stay silver