**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So, where is our mastery overhaul from the 2021 Spring Dev Diary?

From 'DEV DIARY: SPRING INTO SUMMER 2021'
https://playcontestofchampions.com/news/dev-diary-spring-summer-2021/

Kabam, do you have any updates about "Masteries 2.0"? This seems really overdue. The current mastery system is completely archaic and has needed an update for *years*.

We didn't ask for battlegrounds, we didn't ask for 7*s, but we did ask for--and were promised--a mastery update. The recent (and coming) QoL changes are amazing, and I hope you put some of that focus toward masteries. They really need it.

Comments

• RebarkRebark Posts: 344 ★★★
    I think battleground masteries are a kind of test (which even went wrong and are only now working).
    Should have news in November when the current AW season ends
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 936 ★★★★★
    Dude they spoke about a mastery update in an interview with Dork Lessons in February 2019. They have never ever respond to any requests for an update, which make me believe they’ve shelved it (hopefully this reverse psychology works and we get a response confirming it will be in the game next month)
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

We are never getting it . All hopes are lost now with what was introduced yesterday. Wish crystal , free mastery reset , no game issues .. everything is now done . They are making this game more commercial and players will now never get what was promised in previous roadmaps.

Right now the Mastery reset is being tested out in Battlegrounds and if they can make it work, then they're going to expand it into other aspects of the game, that's usually how stuff like this happens, they're not just going to throw it all out there and hope it works without a hitch. Also they never said that the Mastery reset would be free. Mike even confirmed as much so I don't know where you got that information from.

Also the game getting more commercial is a crime to you? That makes no sense.
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    @DrZola

It is funny to have you, a highly intelligent person, acknowledge the lack of official-ness of prior roadmaps (null and void), but then ask for a new roadmap for something "official".
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    Wasn't there an update on this subject calling for late 2022 as a release date?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    Denslo500 said:

@DrZola

It is funny to have you, a highly intelligent person, acknowledge the lack of official-ness of prior roadmaps (null and void), but then ask for a new roadmap for something "official".

First and most important: Thank you for the compliment. That’s a vast overstatement of my abilities.

Second: Well, official pronouncements get superseded all the time. That’s why people picket the front steps of the US Supreme Court. The road “bends” quiet a bit…

Cheers!

Dr. Zola
  • Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 267 ★★★
    If i had to guess, the ideas for mastery overhaul were probably reworked/modified to be implemented into the relics system.

I do hope they consider implementing the battleground's mastery loadout system for general use, the swapping costs add up and its time to stop monetising such a basic area of the game.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Denslo500 said:

@DrZola

Roadmaps in the past have actually been highly accurate with what's added. If you look through them, you see basically a list of things that are now added to the game. There are just several things that didn't make it (entire overhaul of AW, Wish crystals, new masteries etc) and people think that roadmaps aren't accurate anymore.

People see 10 things added, 1 thing doesn't make it and they yell bloody murder about how inaccurate roadmaps are.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Unfortunately it's pretty obvious at this point, unless kabam can figure out a way to monetize it in a fashion that can be used to milk the whales then it gets down prioritized.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Masteries loadouts, resets etc is a different matter, and way less important than Masteries 2.0. People confuse these two things, and maybe yes, kabam is testing the resets via battlegrounds, but that's not what we want. I won't be satisfied, any one of us will I hope, if in the near future, allow players having different mastery setups that can change in an instant by using units. It is something nice, it is a QoL upgrade, but it s not Masteries 2.0. Current masteries are outdated and need an overhaul asap, either with loadouts or not.
  • Hopper13131Hopper13131 Posts: 65

Denslo500 said:

@DrZola

Roadmaps in the past have actually been highly accurate with what's added. If you look through them, you see basically a list of things that are now added to the game. There are just several things that didn't make it (entire overhaul of AW, Wish crystals, new masteries etc) and people think that roadmaps aren't accurate anymore.

People see 10 things added, 1 thing doesn't make it and they yell bloody murder about how inaccurate roadmaps are.
    I have a feeling that they scrapped roadmaps when they realized they couldn't make the deadlines they put in place. Nevertheless, much of what they promised came to fruition, eventually.

What worries me is that they have pretty much address most of their promises from previous roadmaps, except for masteries. We haven't heard anything. Masteries have been virtually unchanged since release. It's one of the few parts of the game that hasn't gotten *any* love from Kabam (that we can see. There may be things moving forward behind the scenes, but they haven't mentioned anything)
  • Hopper13131Hopper13131 Posts: 65
    DrZola said:

A statement on roadmaps would be welcome. I assume all previous roadmaps are null and void, but it would be helpful to get something official on that so we can stop recurring threads asking about it.

Personally, I was looking forward to potential mastery resets. I wonder how imbedded that code is in the game, though—may just be easier to let it sit while everything else sorts out.

In the meantime, enjoy Pittance.

Dr. Zola

I'm sure it's much easier said than done to update the masteries. It would be nice to hear any communication from Kabam on this.