**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Day of the Deadpool [Master Thread]

Comments

• ExHavokExHavok Posts: 516 ★★★
    At this point it feels like they are taking everything they gave free before and try to sell it waaay overpriced. I really wanna contribute for game keep running but I don't wanna feel like I'm robbed. If you look for something to buy maybe 2-3 piggy banks and cav nexus deals can be considered but nothing else worth it.
    Is Deadpool capable of doing any end game content besides variant 8 or something that I don't know for almost 8 years ?
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★

Everyone gets a million gold and some units for one fight, so it's not a complete waste, but it's a lost opportunity. You have a player base that has been pretty frustrated and was obviously looking forward to this event. Why not build some good will? They could have kept all the unit offers. I'd have probably bought one. I'm not mad and I think some of the reactions are over the top. But I can't help thinking that they'd have done much better on the cash deals if they also included the very popular gold offers.

Lost opportunity indeed but in all fairness it seems to be the “meta” in mobile gaming business wise these days.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    I bought deals, I wanted DP but I still think there should've been gold deals for F2P players. The event last year was amazing. I don't mind adding the offers to buy but don't take away the gold deals on top of it.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    Axew said:

They're not even going to reach our hands for at least 6 months or more.

You're right. Why am i funneling $27k a year to my 401k when i can't even touch it for 9 years? Let's use it on these fab offers instead!

Idk why anyone spends any
    Axew said:

Best thing to do is to keep this thread alive and get a response from them. They said they wanted to improve communication with the community, I don’t consider radio silence good communication.

Idk what you are expecting them to say. The event is what it is and it’s not going to change. Jax and Miike (the mods) know how the players feel but they also know that the people who makes the decisions at kabam don’t care how the players feel. Kabam actions speak for themselves at this point. The things you want you’re going to have to spend for them or spend ungodly amount of time grinding content for them. There will be no more freebies cuz it doesn’t make money for kabam.
    I want to know what this “new thing” the Deadpool account on the forum was referring to. He said they weren’t going to have gold deals but they were going to try something new instead, however, there hasn’t been anything new.

I understand Mike and Jax can’t just come out and say “oops, we’re sorry, here are some gold offers”. But I don’t get the point of sending out a message telling us there will be new stuff for this event and then not actually improving upon the event.
    Well it is new compared to the same event from last year
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    This isn’t news. The game is monetized. Always has been. OG DP has been a purchasable Champ all along, and the same arguments have been made in the past. The only difference is the lack of Gold Offers from last year, and to be honest, there was no guarantee they would be repeated. Yes, people loved them. The fact is, there was no indication they would. People assumed as much. I'm indifferent towards the Event. If you have him, you get a free Mil of Gold just for doing a Fight. I like the inclusion of the DP Crystal in the Offers. I'm not keen on the cost of the Unit Offers in the store, but I bought one. Certainly not enough to be irate over. Would I have liked to see the Gold Offers? Sure. I wouldn't say no. That still doesn't change the fact that there was no precedent.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    Pretty apathetic about today. Kabam has signaled to us since last year that the push to spend is increasing over time. I’m coming up on my 7th year of playing, but starting last gifting event, this has been very apparent. I have spent in the past, but that has gone down a lot in the last 12-24 months.

So I’ll happily pass on this event. It does put a damper on hoping for fun things in the game…which then makes me weary of even dropping anything on cyber weekend.

Just one vets perspective. But was looking forward to today and was extremely disappointed.
  • Abhinavx_123Abhinavx_123 Posts: 16
    wish they were gold offers....i recently finished all the gold paths in act 8 and 7
  • AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★

it got merged quick lol

Axew said:

Best thing to do is to keep this thread alive and get a response from them. They said they wanted to improve communication with the community, I don’t consider radio silence good communication.

if you think just keeping the thread alive will get them to present any of their thoughts then you are sadly mistaken. many issues have gone by where they just couldnt care less about replying
    What else is there to do? Letting it fade away will accomplish nothing. We can at least remind them that the player base is extremely disappointed with this decision. Maybe they will change their mind and bring back the offers, although I doubt that will happen.
  • Sunny2Sunny2 Posts: 183 ★★
    Raganator said:

Pretty apathetic about today. Kabam has signaled to us since last year that the push to spend is increasing over time. I’m coming up on my 7th year of playing, but starting last gifting event, this has been very apparent. I have spent in the past, but that has gone down a lot in the last 12-24 months.

So I’ll happily pass on this event. It does put a damper on hoping for fun things in the game…which then makes me weary of even dropping anything on cyber weekend.

Just one vets perspective. But was looking forward to today and was extremely disappointed.

Same boat as you..same amt of time playing too lol.. I wonder how many more have spent before but also have gone down last 12 months significantly. I always put $ down July 4th/cyber but will def pass this yr and feel good abt it.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,806 ★★★★★
    Wow the night is over for me, slept very well, 25k views in this thread and no response from kabam 😅🫠