**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Day of the Deadpool [Master Thread]

Comments

• D0ctor_SD0ctor_S Posts: 42
    edited October 2022

Wow the night is over for me, slept very well, 25k views in this thread and no response from kabam 😅🫠

I wouldn’t say no response, they have been busy deleting comments they really didn’t like. That’s about all we can expect though. “Can’t be a problem if we can’t see it”
    I guess the response is going to be along the lines of what they said to Lagacy in that they've listened and learned from all the comments (also those in the ccp saying people would have been more annoyed with gold offers must be high)

I don't understand how the company couldn't have "listened and learned" from the past few issues that @Graves_3 listed above and realised that this was going to be badly received. I also think it must be a thankless task being on the community team having to firefight such baffling decisions.
  • AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★
    edited October 2022

:D mike where are you man?

It’s the weekend, they aren’t working right now. We have to wait until the start of the workweek. Even then I doubt we will get a response.

Again, no shade to Mike or Jax, I understand they are simply the messengers. But it would be appreciated if those behind this decision could explain their reasoning or what makes this event “new”.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    SCP1504 said:

Carter22 said:

Kabam I grinded for 2 months to get gold I played 7.1,7.2,7.3 variants and avoided rank ups for these times I also wasted time I could have spent anywhere else so that I get enough gold for this event and u say nothing about the event but come a day before and say no gold offers so all the time I put in the game is useless so I say put the offers or u will get alot of people angry cause the time they out is simply alot and u refused to tell us not to grind like this also I don't care about a damn Deadpool champ he is useless and terrible why would I grind for it but I need these offers so do alot of people

First, use punctuation or nobody will either take you seriously, or be able to decipher your thoughts.

Second, you didn’t know how much the offers would be, if they would have existed, you just assumed. Even the offers last year weren’t worth skipping rank ups for two months. Also, completing content with really good rewards (like Act 7 and Variants) should not be considered a waste of time, even without the gold offers coming in to play. Very few people I know would agree with you there.

Third, you don’t “need” the offers. They actually have discouraged grinding for stuff like this in the past, and Jax even told us over a month ago (or at least several weeks, don’t know the exact time) that there was no plan to bring it back, so how were you encouraged by Kabam to make the decisions you did? Also, what does “need” even mean in this type of game? There are requirements to get certain milestones, but there are also a huge number of ways to get rewards to help you get through those roadblocks. Nothing in the gold offers last year was unique.

I don’t love this event, but dang, this just seemed like a bit much.
    Bro calm down he has a point they mislead us thinking they’re was gold events and wasted out time not his fault and honestly shut up no one cares what you think everyone hates this event and it ruined the game for lots of people.

How did they mislead anyone?
    by not stating out right that there would be no gold offers from the get go? but nah maybe that's too argumentative
    - me saying they should have done X,Y and Z and then you defending them relentlessly and round and round we go-

Instead i'll ask this in the announcment they stated something new will replace the gold offers , where is that something new?
    I see. So because they don't state there WON'T be an earthquake, they're misleading people into believing there will be one.
    Graves_3 said:

SCP1504 said:

Carter22 said:

Kabam I grinded for 2 months to get gold I played 7.1,7.2,7.3 variants and avoided rank ups for these times I also wasted time I could have spent anywhere else so that I get enough gold for this event and u say nothing about the event but come a day before and say no gold offers so all the time I put in the game is useless so I say put the offers or u will get alot of people angry cause the time they out is simply alot and u refused to tell us not to grind like this also I don't care about a damn Deadpool champ he is useless and terrible why would I grind for it but I need these offers so do alot of people

First, use punctuation or nobody will either take you seriously, or be able to decipher your thoughts.

Second, you didn’t know how much the offers would be, if they would have existed, you just assumed. Even the offers last year weren’t worth skipping rank ups for two months. Also, completing content with really good rewards (like Act 7 and Variants) should not be considered a waste of time, even without the gold offers coming in to play. Very few people I know would agree with you there.

Third, you don’t “need” the offers. They actually have discouraged grinding for stuff like this in the past, and Jax even told us over a month ago (or at least several weeks, don’t know the exact time) that there was no plan to bring it back, so how were you encouraged by Kabam to make the decisions you did? Also, what does “need” even mean in this type of game? There are requirements to get certain milestones, but there are also a huge number of ways to get rewards to help you get through those roadblocks. Nothing in the gold offers last year was unique.

Bro calm down he has a point they mislead us thinking they’re was gold events and wasted out time not his fault and honestly shut up no one cares what you think everyone hates this event and it ruined the game for lots of people.

by not stating out right that there would be no gold offers from the get go? but nah maybe that's too argumentative
    - me saying they should have done X,Y and Z and then you defending them relentlessly and round and round we go-

Instead i'll ask this in the announcment they stated something new will replace the gold offers , where is that something new?
    I see. So because they don't state there WON'T be an earthquake, they're misleading people into believing there will be one.
    What kind of hyperbole is this? If you cannot build a coherent/logical argument, please don’t resort to writing whatever comes to your mind. The person who you replied to asked what’s new about this event and that was the misleading announcement. Instead you decided to focus on the gold offer?
    The entire argument is hyperbole. I have no qualms with people expressing their disinterest or disappointment with the Event. That's all fine. When they're implying that Kabam misled anyone because they DIDN'T state there won't be Gold Sales, that's false. It's also a double negative. No one from Kabam stated there would be, and therefore misled people into believing there would. There's just an assumption, the expectation of one, and the disappointment when they never came.
    Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

SCP1504 said:

Carter22 said:

What kind of hyperbole is this? If you cannot build a coherent/logical argument, please don’t resort to writing whatever comes to your mind. The person who you replied to asked what’s new about this event and that was the misleading announcement. Instead you decided to focus on the gold offer?
    The entire argument is hyperbole. I have no qualms with people expressing their disinterest or disappointment with the Event. That's all fine. When they're implying that Kabam misled anyone because they DIDN'T state there won't be Gold Sales, that's false. It's also a double negative. No one from Kabam stated there would be, and therefore misled people into believing there would. There's just an assumption, the expectation of one, and the disappointment when they never came.
    Let me say it again. The misleading announcement was about trying something new. Nothing about gold offer/sales.
    How does that equate to misleading? There are new aspects to the Event.
    We had Gold Offers once.
  • KienRack123KienRack123 Posts: 19
    SCP1504 said:

Graves_3 said:

SCP1504 said:

Carter22 said:

see that's exactly what i said will happen the whole they should have/shouldn't have thing will lead to needless arguments
    so we need someone from kabam to tell us what is the new thing that replaced the gold offers we were expecting?

and why is it always new things need to replace the events the community loves? doesn't everybody find that strange?
    All the stale unit offers tailored for whales who will literally buy anything thrown at them keep a coming every single year without fail but the stuff the community wants gets "replaced with soemthing fresh" - yet to bee seen as of this moment-

and to make things clear i'm already paragon and i have a ton of gold and a ton of shards and expiring catlyst falling out my ears
    i could honestly care less about one more crystal here or there, but feeling that the game team is doing soemthing pro player and is for the community is what we're missing here and is the reason behind writing this.

I don't appreciate feeling slighted by every other move/decision kabam makes, i was hoping that they would do something that makes me excited about playing

Considering the last few months it's been non stop Ls for kabam

Literally the one thing i am looking forward to now is solo incursions and i have a feeling they may muck that up too.
    This right here.
    SCP1504 said:

We had Gold Offers once.

We had Gold Offers once.

And about 10,000 unit offers lol
    The point of that comment was that it wasn't an institution. It was something that happened once. It isn't something we've come to know and love. Gifting would be an example of such things. They let us know in advance that it would look differently this year.
    This was something that happened one time, and just because it was well-received doesn't mean it's something that will automatically come every year. That's the conclusion. If we like it, they should keep doing it. Liking something isn't always the only factor.
    Being the messenger shot for a number of years now, I'm going to have to disagree. People would have reacted regardless of where the news came from.
    Thrillson clarified softly. They were lambasted as a "troll account".