**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Day of the Deadpool [Master Thread]

Comments

• Options
    FinkFink Posts: 14
    I signed in (rare occurrence) just to express my displeasure with this event. I experienced last year and it was such a win for many of us and this year I have no desire to participate. This stinks for an event that was hyped. It’s not that I have much gold but at least enough to spend with 2+ million. I have nothing to add other than my objections towards this event. Zero spending on my part.
  • Options
    daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    With the rank r3wards giving 1m gold to those in the lowest bracket I honestly believe that gold offers will come after the event. Don't be too hasty ranking or levelling. I've got omega sentinel ready for r4 but am holding off till the whole event is over.
  • Options
    __SF____SF__ Posts: 286 ★★
    When are the gold offers coming ??? Is this like a one day or two day that starts tomorrow perhaps???

On a side note. The Deadpool event is broken. I’m using my Og Deadpool and I’m not getting 2 points when using him on quests. I was and it just stopped. Ticket sent. What’s going on with this offers and broken things ?
  • Options
    Tijjy007Tijjy007 Posts: 313 ★★★
    edited October 2022
    h
  • Options
    BlackOracleBlackOracle Posts: 254 ★★★
    @kabamthrillson should answer for these crimes.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    __SF__ said:

When are the gold offers coming ??? Is this like a one day or two day that starts tomorrow perhaps???

On a side note. The Deadpool event is broken. I’m using my Og Deadpool and I’m not getting 2 points when using him on quests. I was and it just stopped. Ticket sent. What’s going on with this offers and broken things ?

Read the event description again.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    As much as I’m a disappointed that there wasn’t a resources for gold deal, I can understand why Kabam did not offer it this year.

By making it 2 years in a row it kinda sets a pattern and people will be expecting it next year, far more than this year.

Look on the bright side, at least when it appears it’ll be special.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

The way I'm thinking, this event didn't have to happen. But it's something for nothing.
    As uncollected I can get 1 tier 5 basic + 10 tier 1 alpha for 500 units. That's a good deal for me so I got them and I can rank 5 Tigra or Domino, I'm undecided which just yet.
    The actual Deadpool event is a bit of a let down, but all I have to do is win 1 fight for 1m gold. That's good.
    On the down side I would have liked the chance to win a 5* or 6* champ, but you can't have it all lolz

this logic always bothers me... technically no offers "have" to be made.. no events "have" to take place... so what? To keep a mobile game going the devs need to keep the community engaged. One of the biggest ways they keep us engaged is events and offers. The day of the deadpool was meant to bring good faith to the community and made almost everyone universally happy... to take 3 steps back with something they originally did for good will isn't something to spin as "they didn't have to do anything".. I bet many would suggest they SHOULDN'T have done anything if they couldn't mirror what was already done in the past.
    I just try to look at the positives rather than the negatives, it's good for mental health.
    while I agree on the sentiment.. believing everything in life is a gift is how you get walked all over brother. You don't have to be cynical to think something was done wrong or in bad faith.
    Dont get me wrong, I totally understand the backlash.
    If Kabam announced the offers would be unit based instead of gold it would have helped. Good communication is key.
    They already confirmed there would be no Gold Offers.
    No.. they had a known troll account make a sarcastic comment that was replied to by an actual mod account with confusion.
    That's a pretty jaded perspective for a fun response.
    It wasn't jaded at all lol.. it's what literally happened

The way I'm thinking, this event didn't have to happen. But it's something for nothing.
    As uncollected I can get 1 tier 5 basic + 10 tier 1 alpha for 500 units. That's a good deal for me so I got them and I can rank 5 Tigra or Domino, I'm undecided which just yet.
    The actual Deadpool event is a bit of a let down, but all I have to do is win 1 fight for 1m gold. That's good.
    On the down side I would have liked the chance to win a 5* or 6* champ, but you can't have it all lolz

this logic always bothers me... technically no offers "have" to be made.. no events "have" to take place... so what? To keep a mobile game going the devs need to keep the community engaged. One of the biggest ways they keep us engaged is events and offers. The day of the deadpool was meant to bring good faith to the community and made almost everyone universally happy... to take 3 steps back with something they originally did for good will isn't something to spin as "they didn't have to do anything".. I bet many would suggest they SHOULDN'T have done anything if they couldn't mirror what was already done in the past.
    I just try to look at the positives rather than the negatives, it's good for mental health.
    while I agree on the sentiment.. believing everything in life is a gift is how you get walked all over brother. You don't have to be cynical to think something was done wrong or in bad faith.
    Dont get me wrong, I totally understand the backlash.
    If Kabam announced the offers would be unit based instead of gold it would have helped. Good communication is key.
    They already confirmed there would be no Gold Offers.
    No.. they had a known troll account make a sarcastic comment that was replied to by an actual mod account with confusion.
    That's a pretty jaded perspective for a fun response.
    It wasn't jaded at all lol.. it's what literally happened
    No, what happened was the Forum Account associated with Deadpool Events, which is known to be colorful, responded to the question. There's a difference between being upset about an outcome, and being cynical.
    I said.. "known troll account"... you said "known to be colorful"... why are we still arguing when we're saying the same thing.. only I'm not spinning my words for a certain groups benefit?
    troll account doesnt mean misinformation account. it was messing in a way of how deadpool would talk but obviously not lying. and kabam jax replied not sarcastically but more in shock that gold deals wont be there. it's not their fault you interpreted in such a wrong way when they mentioned it clearly without any hidden meaning behind it
    so an account that's entire history was sarcasm, pranks, and humor should have suddenly been taken literally not sarcastically... and it's on everyone else for not doing that?
    Well, yes. Regardless of whether they joke around or not, until seeing otherwise, the only thing we can go on is what's said. We're free to interpret it however we want, but if we assume they're not being honest, that's still an assumption.
  • Options
    How exactly does it cost them nothing? I've never understood that argument.
  • Options

he might as well just ask for 10 7stars. I mean that doesn't cost them anything either. just put in the code and be done with it. smh
    Yes. Design costs money. Designers spend time and energy and need to be paid. Items in-game cost money because that's potential revenue. Rebalancing costs money because someone has to make sure the Resources don't upset the balance, and if they do, someone has to rebalance the in-game economy, and that costs money. The whole "it costs nothing" argument is pretty irreverent to the entire process.
  • Options
    Needed sig stones and a guaranteed 5* Deadpool is a nice addition to my collection. I also love the extra units. Now I don't have to spend much for cyber weekend since I got most of the units I need anyways.
  • Options

he might as well just ask for 10 7stars. I mean that doesn't cost them anything either. just put in the code and be done with it. smh
    Yes. Design costs money. Designers spend time and energy and need to be paid. Items in-game cost money because that's potential revenue. Rebalancing costs money because someone has to make sure the Resources don't upset the balance, and if they do, someone has to rebalance the in-game economy, and that costs money. The whole "it costs nothing" argument is pretty irreverent to the entire process.
    Moreover if they just start giving people everything cause it "costs them nothing", it will end up costing them everything because then no one will buy anything cause everything is free so they lose all their revenue.
    Well that is a point, but my major point was money goes into everything we see when we open the App. It's not just a few clicks made by a group of people playing Foosball. It takes hours and hours of work.