**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Kabam Response

2»

Comments

• Options
    BayouemBayouem Posts: 98
    I think most of us are still waiting for an update on what they plan to do about the modders ruining battlegrounds. The rewards adjustment mean nothing to the people who played season one. They seem aimed to entice people to play in season two but it doesn’t change the fact that season one is a complete disaster. It’s a waste of energy or a waste of elders marks as it stands right now.
  • Options
    bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 753 ★★★★
    edited October 2022
    Kabam Jax said:

Well the timing of this is just crazy.

We've said this before and we'll say it again, the forums do not exist for the Community Team to answer every single question posted. Popping into every thread and saying "no update, but here's your response" is needlessly time consuming.

Finally, we don't remove posts because they're critical of the game or the company. We remove them when they cross the line and move further away from constructive in nature. You're free to be critical and upset, (and trust me, very few hold back) but the line of what's acceptable has always been very clear.

"needlessly time consuming"

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/2170390/#Comment_2170390

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/2171156#Comment_2171156

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/2171134#Comment_2171134

this you guys?
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    It would be good to at least see some action about these modders in season. I get the whole game mode can’t be cleaned but why not the top 100?
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Wozzle007 said:

Every thread I’ve seen opened about modders has been closed by Kabam, saying the can’t disclose what they are doing behind the scenes and that actions being taken on accounts.

But for the most part the only things people want to know is.
    What happens to the energy/elders marks used against champions that are modders. These are resources that are being sold and essentially money flushed down the toilet if coming against a modder. The resources should be refunded but there’s never an acknowledgment to the impact on the players that have been cheated.

How can a brand new flagship mode have so many modders at the top of the leaderboard. Why does it take so long to investigate and fix. Previously Quake players were banned for winning fights with zero hits before kabam knew what quake could actually do. R4 champs losing fights in less than 10seconds is obviously not something that can happen. There are obviously algorithms that can highlight statistically improbable or impossible damage per second.

Anyone who says “oh it takes time to investigate…” I’m sorry but that’s not a good enough from Kabam. It shouldn’t take weeks to investigate and leaderboards adjusted retrospectively. It’s a fundamental issue with the game if cheaters cannot be investigated within 2 working days and ideally permanently banned. The mode isn’t fit for purpose if cheaters are running rampant at the top and people are wasting resources. At the very least every bit of resource used in fights against confirmed modders should be refunded back to every player they faced.

The changes to the rewards and store are great though. So you know there’s a silver lining.

Yeah, BG is an aspect where people spend money on. Kabam should be transparent about the actions they will take.
    Say that people caught will be banned from the game or the BG mode forever
  • Options
    Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    First problem is relying on the awful support team on these issues.

BG should have it's own team handling reports, people who have access to match data and knowledge of the game – something we all know support lacks. Being able to see who did what, in what time and in how many hours etc makes it very easy to catch cheaters.

There's no excuse for cheaters being in the leaderboard for longer than a day.
  • Options
    Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

We've said this before and we'll say it again, the forums do not exist for the Community Team to answer every single question posted. Popping into every thread and saying "no update, but here's your response" is needlessly time consuming.

Finally, we don't remove posts because they're critical of the game or the company. We remove them when they cross the line and move further away from constructive in nature. You're free to be critical and upset, (and trust me, very few hold back) but the line of what's acceptable has always been very clear.

I think you are the best thing to happen to these forums ever since I’ve been a part of this game, but saying you guys don’t remove posts because they are critical of the company is just completely false. And the line of what is acceptable is no way even close to clear. I have had half a dozen posts removed that didn’t come close to breaking any forum rules. There was a time asking anything about AI or input would get your post removed.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,036 ★★★★★
    Skydad23 said:

Kabam Jax said:

I think you are the best thing to happen to these forums ever since I’ve been a part of this game, but saying you guys don’t remove posts because they are critical of the company is just completely false. And the line of what is acceptable is no way even close to clear. I have had half a dozen posts removed that didn’t come close to breaking any forum rules. There was a time asking anything about AI or input would get your post removed.
    Most likely because there was a mega thread on it or a duplicate thread. Could have been merged in another thread. That's part of their job in keeping the forums cleaned up including duplicate threads or unnecessary new threads on an existing topic.

Anything lag will be closed, removed or added to the mega thread. That's part of the ToS.