Options

Why this side quest is The worst of all? Constructive feedback

Comments

• Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 884 ★★★
    I did the r4 mats challenge. My big prize for the month.
  • Options
    Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★

These are the decent Rifts.

You at least get something no matter what with the candy store, instead of landing on a T4cc fragment crystal like previous Rifts that nobody wants lol

Least this way you can choose your rewards to some extent 👍

I don't like the rifts at all. But at least in the past you could always get the opportunity to select what path you want, to help guarantee at least once that you would get something you want. Not this time. Kabam severly messed up this time around.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,260 ★★★★★
    Rasilover said:

Why do the rifts not have chronometers this time around?

It’s likely a decision between having a really amazing reward for RNG, and having slightly less amazing reward that are guaranteed.

So for example, spread out over the whole playerbase, 20k shards with a 50% drop rate is the same as 10k that you can choose. A crude example, but just something to get the general point across.

So the 6* awakening has about a 30% chance over the month of being pulled at least one time per player, instead of allowing a path selector giving 100% of those players something worse than a gem (because they don’t want to give everyone a gem, it’ll be something like a featured Crystal), they’re giving 30% of them a gem through the RNG.

Overall, I think it’s better to have a chance at a 6* gem with no path selector, than to be able to choose a path but only have the max reward be a featured Crystal. That’s a personal thing, but just how I see it.

Not that I think this is the perfect solution, I’ve always said that I think awakening gem Crystal shards or fragments is the way to go. 1 whole gem seems to still be too big a reward for Kabam to give out regularly (except for 1 mil loyalty). So instead, give out shards or fragments.

Instead of a 30% chance at a whole gem, and 70% of the players lose out, give us 33% of the shards/fragments needed to get a gem, and we can over time build up to one.

That way, from a game economy standpoint you can allow people to work their way up, without majorly disappointing 70%.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,233 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

This SQ will be the death of this game. It's a slap in the face and people are quitting left and right. We need comp and RDTs.

I'm sure it's also a money grab. I'm not sure how, but with a greedy company like Kabam, it has to be a money grab.
    System and method for monetizing the emotional sate of players of online games
    Patent number: 29340922
    Abstract: A system and method for extracting revenue from the emotional state of players is described. Such revenue may be generated through a process of collecting and processing physical attributes and substances characteristic of certain emotional states. One aspect of the disclosure describes an implementation involving the monetization of lacrimal fluids produced in response to specific negative emotional states.
    Yaaaassssssssssssss
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,106 ★★★
    No I agree. I’ve been playing this game since launch date and I have never and u repeat never pulled the highest rarity path since the inception. It’s about as bad as my paragon daily pull luck. I do not and never have had rng luck on my side.
  • Options
    spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 463 ★★★

Rasilover said:

It’s likely a decision between having a really amazing reward for RNG, and having slightly less amazing reward that are guaranteed.

So for example, spread out over the whole playerbase, 20k shards with a 50% drop rate is the same as 10k that you can choose. A crude example, but just something to get the general point across.

So the 6* awakening has about a 30% chance over the month of being pulled at least one time per player, instead of allowing a path selector giving 100% of those players something worse than a gem (because they don’t want to give everyone a gem, it’ll be something like a featured Crystal), they’re giving 30% of them a gem through the RNG.

Overall, I think it’s better to have a chance at a 6* gem with no path selector, than to be able to choose a path but only have the max reward be a featured Crystal. That’s a personal thing, but just how I see it.

Not that I think this is the perfect solution, I’ve always said that I think awakening gem Crystal shards or fragments is the way to go. 1 whole gem seems to still be too big a reward for Kabam to give out regularly (except for 1 mil loyalty). So instead, give out shards or fragments.

Instead of a 30% chance at a whole gem, and 70% of the players lose out, give us 33% of the shards/fragments needed to get a gem, and we can over time build up to one.

That way, from a game economy standpoint you can allow people to work their way up, without majorly disappointing 70%.
    I agree. I was disappointed with the lack of a selector, but after seeing the path rewards i think it makes sense
  • Options
    DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★
    Worst thing for me is those unwanted duel targets.
  • Options
    StantonaStantona Posts: 108
    I wouldn't go as far as saying this is 'clearly the worst SQ of all time' but the whole month shouldn't be down to RNG.

However I do agree we should be provided one choice of a path so everyone can obtain that shiny reward but not just by the form of a calendar login or free in the mailbox. Instead I would maybe continue to use the objective method but, the final day for obtaining the Spot's you get the chance to collect a key (choice of path) but the objective won't be as easy as just beating 1 champ.
  • Options
    Mpa95Mpa95 Posts: 2
    Most of the comments complaining about how bad is this sq because of trivia and dueling champions, just reminds me of kids complaining about school homework (research, copy, paste). Really?? So if the entry for sq is not in the calendar, is a bad month?? Do you want kabam to play it for you so you don’t have to stress out?? If you’re that lazy in a game, I can’t imagine your life, or your job.
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,383 ★★★★★
    edited October 2022
    I don't mind the trivia but taking practice fights out of the equation was unnecessary. Means even if I know the answer I still have to go google.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,347 ★★★★★
    Mpa95 said:

Most of the comments complaining about how bad is this sq because of trivia and dueling champions, just reminds me of kids complaining about school homework (research, copy, paste). Really?? So if the entry for sq is not in the calendar, is a bad month?? Do you want kabam to play it for you so you don’t have to stress out?? If you’re that lazy in a game, I can’t imagine your life, or your job.

Watevs...
  • Options
    Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    I think the duel search is kinda BS. But overall the side quest ain’t too bad. Although the rewards are guarded by RNGesus if you get any of them other than the candy ,satisfaction is pretty great!
  • Options
    AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★
    I just got the AG today. And still a 27.5% chance to get another one.

So in true forum fashion, since it’s not my problem and I’m happy, I’m going to tell you all to stop complaining.

Hit disagree, subscribe, and comment down below!
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,967 ★★★★★
    There are a boatload of Cav crystals in these rewards. Like 40 iirc. I’m not unhappy. What’ll really bum me out will be is if my “special prize” is the gold. I’ve got 60+mil and nothing to do with it. (Thanks, powers that be)
  • Options
    M0NKEYNUTSM0NKEYNUTS Posts: 137
    ChiliDog said:

I did the r4 mats challenge. My big prize for the month.

Yeah I liked that we could get 6* r4 mats right at the start instead of having them spread out through rest of month.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,810 Guardian

Rasilover said:

You're halfway there. Random chance is operating as you describe. When players only have a chance at a reward instead of a guarantee of a reward, the reward can be better. And it is a known psychological effect that while people will complain about it, most people are going to be more attracted to a lower chance for a big reward over a higher chance at a lesser one. That one has been proven to such a degree they design lotteries around it. When people started losing interest in Powerball, they redesigned it to *lower* the odds of winning. That seems ludicrous, until you realize that a lowered chance to win the jackpot means the jackpot gets higher. And this caused Powerball participation to skyrocket.

But here's the other half. You don't always want everyone to get the same stuff. You're correct that a 30% chance for an AG is better than a 100% chance of a lesser reward, but your suggestion to replace a 30% chance for an AG with a 100% chance for 30% of an AG changes the situation from some people winning to no one winning. Rewards like AGs have a utilitarian value, but they also have a psychological value. When it comes to pedestrian rewards, the utilitarian value tends to dominate. Almost everyone can use T4Bs, but few get excited about getting T4Bs. But players get excited to receive 6* AGs disproportionately to their utility value. There are players who love getting them and don't even use them. They hold them just in case they might pull a champ that could really use them.

This psychological value is significantly damaged if everyone gets something, even a valuable something, because ultimately players judge the value of things not just in terms of how useful they are, but also how rare they are. An AG that 30% of the players get is uncommon. An AG that everyone gets 30% shards for is a common reward, damaging the psychological value of AGs.

So random chance does allow rewards to be higher. But it also allows rewards to have more perceived value. And it is the perception of value that is most important when it comes to the highest tier of rewards: the ones that players chase and grind and spend to get. And that's probably why there are no AG shards.
  • Options
    Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 523 ★★★
    The SQ could have easily been improved by having three levels of trivia - the current one, a harder one aimed towards cav and low tb players and then the hardest one for most tb players. All players can access the three levels but the completion will be difficult.

The percentage of getting higher rarity prizes increaes drastically dependimg on the difficulty level completed. It removed the exteme RNG here and keeps the same format
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

I think differently. I like having a Champ to search for, and even the Candy gives our choice of a Reward.

well no, it actually doesn't give you choice of reward. if you run the side quest every day, you'll get everything in the store. you're just choosing what reward you get first. and seriously, you like having a champ to search for? wouldn't you rather just get a key in the calendar every day and not have to go searching for a champ?
    Unless I'm missing something, The Candy Store has 1,400,000 worth of items. If you hit the 20,000 in the Side Quest every day that is only 700,000 and the expected Value over the course of the 35 days is only 620,000 or 640,000. Are there any other sources of Candy outside of the Rifts?
  • Options
    The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★
    Only candy till now in my main and alt
  • Options
    TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    It could've been waaay better if it has 1 key that lets you select your path, 1 for the entire month
  • Options
    OkizzeOkizze Posts: 45
    I just find it easiest to stop caring. About rifts, events, the complaining, kabam’s decision's, etc. just stop caring about this game and your life immediately becomes 100x better. I promise 👍🏽
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★

Rasilover said:

Here is a thought: why are they so stingy with 6* gems? Why not have an event with a selectable path and so what if everyone got an awakening gem? Why would that be so bad? There are over 200 champs in game and there are 6*s I have had for years I still can't awaken because 6* awakening gems are so hard to come by and targeting specific champs is so difficult. 7*s are about to be released. They need to loosen up on their stinginess with the 6* AGs.
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,388 ★★★★★
    Only thing i have liked about this SQ till now is the option to buy so many cavs. You can get lucky too like some people already have been from different posts i have seen.
  • Options
    CassyCassy Posts: 1,073 ★★★
    But wait!
    In comparisson to the 2 month summoned symbiote sq / objective thing, this is a not so badish sq.

But even to other rifts compared, this one is pretty Bad / boring
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,260 ★★★★★

Rasilover said:

Here is a thought: why are they so stingy with 6* gems? Why not have an event with a selectable path and so what if everyone got an awakening gem? Why would that be so bad? There are over 200 champs in game and there are 6*s I have had for years I still can't awaken because 6* awakening gems are so hard to come by and targeting specific champs is so difficult. 7*s are about to be released. They need to loosen up on their stinginess with the 6* AGs.
    They are loosening up their stinginess. You can now get a guaranteed gem every month from loyalty, we have a 6* gem from Act 7 completion, generic from exploration, and for the first time ever - a 6* gem from a chapter of an act, which means there'll be 6* gems in 8.2, 3 and 4 - probably another generic in exploration.

Not to mention, that this is the first time a 6* gem has been added into a side quest, and 30% of people will get one. Over time we will see more and more, but this seems like giving an inch and being demanded of a mile.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,347 ★★★★★
    This reminded me of the times we used to get War Crystals containing t2a/t5b after a was season. AndTeam effort was same, but rewards were RNG.
    RNG makes people sore.
    Everyone would like to see some of special rewards too, but it's uncertain.

I do like the candy store, it's nice, small victories.