**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Gold Offers confirmed not coming

IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/315234/gold-trade-offer-comming-this-year-or-not#latest

I guess I can finally use my 11 million on the many rank ups I’ve been waiting to do. Thoughts?

Comments

• BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,280 ★★★★★
    Silly amounts of Arena grinding and Hoarding non-essential mats are what everyone should be doing, then it doesn't really matter what they decide on at the last second.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,631 ★★★★★

This was stupid of them to Announce this so late what about the people like me that sold a chunk of their inventory or spent units (which will probably be the new deal currency) on gold crystals or revives on quests with gold thank you kabam

The fact that they have to confirm that something isn't coming says something about assumptions. There are certain things that have precedent, that come every year. One time isn't exactly a dependable situation to prepare for. We saw the same with the Gem trade-up.
    While this is true, there were notifications that went out that specified that "offers" were coming, and while unit offers have been available in the past, it wasn't really a stretch to assume that the more popular offers would be included in that.
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★

This was stupid of them to Announce this so late what about the people like me that sold a chunk of their inventory or spent units (which will probably be the new deal currency) on gold crystals or revives on quests with gold thank you kabam

The fact that they have to confirm that something isn't coming says something about assumptions. There are certain things that have precedent, that come every year. One time isn't exactly a dependable situation to prepare for. We saw the same with the Gem trade-up.
    While this is true, there were notifications that went out that specified that "offers" were coming, and while unit offers have been available in the past, it wasn't really a stretch to assume that the more popular offers would be included in that.
    Why would anybody sell stuff prematurely even if they did assume what kind of offers are coming?

Takes 5 minutes to sell some inventory after you've checked the offers are even worth it.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

I never understood this..
    U had to sell a bunch of stuff in case u had a chance to buy a 6* or mats to rank up.. and all the goodies...
    Well once u got them ..how long are u gonna farm to make those items useful... Wouldnt it make sense to farm them ahead of time?
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited October 2022

I honestly think people just hit disagree when they see the name grounded wisdom before even reading what he is saying.

Grounded wisdom is absolutely correct here, the gold purchases they did last year were literally the first time they have ever done that. To assume it will happen every year from then on is a massive assumption and was never confirmed or even implied by kabam.

I'd love to have seen it come back myself, but to assume kabam has to bring it back because they did it one time is a bit entitled.
    He’s not absolutely correct, because he also referenced the awakening gem store and we haven’t passed its anniversary yet.

Regardless, it’s telling that 2021 featured both of those wildly popular things and 2022 will likely have neither. We also got two good variants in 2021 and just one bad one so far in 2022, with no rumors or hints of another. It’s a strange path for them to go down.

All of the things involved in the gold sale and the AG store are worth less than a year ago. 6-star shards are far more plentiful and more story content has been released. AGs can be acquired for loyalty, plus we got one in 7.4 and can get one for 100% 8.1. They’re also slightly less essential thanks to the introduction of dual class crystals. God forbid the AG store come back, because that’d be a bridge too far.
  • Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 593 ★★★
    TyEdge said:

I honestly think people just hit disagree when they see the name grounded wisdom before even reading what he is saying.

Grounded wisdom is absolutely correct here, the gold purchases they did last year were literally the first time they have ever done that. To assume it will happen every year from then on is a massive assumption and was never confirmed or even implied by kabam.

I'd love to have seen it come back myself, but to assume kabam has to bring it back because they did it one time is a bit entitled.
    He’s not absolutely correct, because he also referenced the awakening gem store and we haven’t passed its anniversary yet.

Regardless, it’s telling that 2021 featured both of those wildly popular things and 2022 will likely have neither. We also got two good variants in 2021 and just one bad one so far in 2022, with no rumors or hints of another. It’s a strange path for them to go down.

All of the things involved in the gold sale and the AG store are worth less than a year ago. 6-star shards are far more plentiful and more story content has been released. AGs can be acquired for loyalty, plus we got one in 7.4 and can get one for 100% 8.1. They’re also slightly less essential thanks to the introduction of dual class crystals. God forbid the AG store come back, because that’d be a bridge too far.
    They have already “hinted” that variants are on the back burner now and no future plans for more as of now.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,240 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/2138432#Comment_2138432
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

People like you gambled, and lost. That's what sometimes happens when you gamble.

Never risk what you can't afford to lose. And never bet on your ability to guess the future when you're not good at it.
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,398 ★★★★★

I’d say selling your items was a little premature if I’m honest. You didn’t know what the offers were, how much they’d cost, or if they’d even be there (even though that felt a safe bet that they would).

I feel for you, I do, but it was definitely smarter to wait to see what the offers even looked like first. They could have been really bad.

That's 100% on you. Just don't go buy any mansions while assuming your lottery numbers are going to hit the jackpot.

Anyone who has been playing this game for any length of time has learned to wait until it's official before sacrificing resources or making way too early decisions.
    DNA3000 said:

People like you gambled, and lost. That's what sometimes happens when you gamble.

Never risk what you can't afford to lose. And never bet on your ability to guess the future when you're not good at it.
    Now that I cooled off a bit I can see that you all a right I gambled and lost that's life a felt very frustrated in the casual way they announced it I try never to make a rage post but just felt very annoyed so I posted. This a valuable lesson, and maybe the event will still turn out good.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Now that I cooled off a bit I can see that you all a right I gambled and lost that's life a felt very frustrated in the casual way they announced it I try never to make a rage post but just felt very annoyed so I posted. This a valuable lesson, and maybe the event will still turn out good.

No one says you have to like losing bets. I don't. That's fine. The question is simply one of either accepting losses as the price to eventually win, or avoiding losses as an unnecessary risk. Both strategies are viable, and it comes down to which one you can ultimately live with.