**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

MS_ID_UI_OK created by 5 different champions [MERGED]

WuffieWuffie Posts: 11
edited October 2022 in Bugs and Known Issues
Like some others, I am also having the MS_ID_UI_OK error.
MS_ID_UI_OK happens when some champs are shown in their 3D model view.
MS_ID_UI_OK will happen even on the HOME screen if one of these five show up.

Captain Britain, Dormammu, Galen, Guardian, Human Torch.

Unfortunately that means I am unable to fight some champions, or use these same champions in any fight or quest.

Here are links to three videos showing the error in game quest action, preview of champion info, and idling at the home screen.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JLGacWgi0ilfM4ra4es69udHxpcHUATb/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JT56WRBEiPjUArKXmNmAZ261fUf0kXuW/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HNMHe4v091UCdd4LXdd6JKyJEfWffZ41/view?usp=sharing

I am using a Samsung S8 Active. This issue started a couple days ago with the latest game update.
Game Version: 1245753

in-game name
Wuffie
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Oops, shared the same video link three times. Was not sure how to edit the original post but got it now.
  • Options
    lihuahualihuahua Posts: 14
    edited October 2022
    Anyway to fix this? Have to quit the whole map or the game crash.

Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on
  • Options
    vergil_17vergil_17 Posts: 9
    I've been experiencing the same issue after the october update and as a result I'm missing out on the rewards and the quests and war.
  • Options
    Well, looks like they have seen this (they changed it to a MERGED thread).
    So hopefully they can pinpoint their investigation based on these 5 specific champs.

Many (but not all) of the posts with this error I’ve seen in threads here have mentioned being on Samsung S8. (there have been a few listing other devices however).

Any else care to tell what device they are using, and whether you are seeing it just with one of the 5 champs listed at beginning here (either using them on your team, or pre-fight against one of those 5)
    (Captain Britain, Dormammu, Galen, Guardian, Human Torch)
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    All 5 have some kind of backlight glow on the whole champion, or something they are holding. (Galen's Globe, Captain Britain's Sword, the others are a whole body effect)

My guess is some change/addition for the 3D rendering engine or adding a new GPU effect to these 5 at the last update.

Some other champs that are back lit or glowing must be done differently as they don't crash the game. Example: Sunspot, Ghost Rider (both) don't crash the game.

I already have some in game GPU anomalies with my old S8 Active. This one makes the game possibly unplayable. The other is just annoying (No stampede of Squirrels for Squirrel Girl S1)
  • Options
    I have the same problem! gets worse day by day, I can't access Aq, war, history, and monthly or special events, only arenas can I do.
    absurd!!

• Options
    WitekoWiteko Posts: 1
    Havoc’s another champ that has the same problem.
  • Options
    Was playing spotted dimension rifts, landed on 6* ag path. Almost finished, game crashed. Lost all my progress and couldn’t continue that path. Bye bye 6* ag. Is there any way I can get my deserved 6* ag or am I SOL ?
  • Options
    Game won’t let me play anything except for arenas.
  • Options
    Can your tech team please do something about it?…… It's been a few days!

• Options
    Can't believe it... What an useless team...
  • Options
    Hi. Always the same bug, simply everyday it becomes more frustrating.
    In the monthly event, that's the best I can do, since paths remaining cannot be done.
    I have Samsung A9 (2018) running Android 10 and the game version is the last available.
    Usually at this point I should already have rewards of the event, this time I wonder what's going to happen.
    Best regards

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT1v6ccIYIw
    Same problem? Still can't find the cause of it?
  • Options
    lihuahua said:

Same problem? Still can't find the cause of it?

That was August, and was during starting the game.

This one is within the game, from certain champs being displayed.

The same Error box/Msg being shown does not necessarily indicate it is the same problem.
    Rather, it's sort of a “catch-all” general Error Msg.
  • Options
    SlayerXIXSlayerXIX Posts: 5
    As leader of an alliance, I am really letting my team down. Not being in AQ and other events in game. This is obviously a huge problem from reading other posts about the situation. I am almost ready to beg to fix this ASAP.
  • Options
    SlayerXIX said:

As leader of an alliance, I am really letting my team down. Not being in AQ and other events in game. This is obviously a huge problem from reading other posts about the situation. I am almost ready to beg to fix this ASAP.

Nothing has happened so far. I remember a couple of years ago there was a bug concerning only samsung A9/A8 and I had to wait months before it was fixed. I'm afraid it's going to be the same
  • Options
    Good afternoon Kabam. I can't access anything else in the game. Only this error message MS_ID_UI_OK appears. My cell phone is a LG LM-X540. Game version 36.3.0 update October 2022.
  • Options
    LocowokoLocowoko Posts: 10
    My game is doing the same thing
    Cant do war, or event because of it… ridiculous to say the least
  • Options
    Getting the same message, so far only on the Event Quest. Chapter 1 part 2 one of the paths has Galan, I get the message every time. My phones an S8 Active as well
  • Options
    Dozer78Dozer78 Posts: 6
    This maybe a helpful for some of you running quest. I happened to figure out if you select autofight before the fight that is giving you trouble give the fight time to start then click the X or ok button it works like a lost network restart and you can do the fight upon restarting the game. If your champs are strong enough to run the autofight, let them win then click the ok button and continue the quest upon restart. Hope this is helpful to someone.
  • Options
    Dozer78 said:

This maybe a helpful for some of you running quest. I happened to figure out if you select autofight before the fight that is giving you trouble give the fight time to start then click the X or ok button it works like a lost network restart and you can do the fight upon restarting the game. If your champs are strong enough to run the autofight, let them win then click the ok button and continue the quest upon restart. Hope this is helpful to someone.

Thank you mate. You are a good person. It works
  • Options
    This one I've only done for AW and only done it once so it's not totally proven. If you're stuck with an effected attacker if you pick spectate then select pick champions from the spectate page you should be able to change attackers. I'm assuming this will work with AQ as well. Just don't pick a line with an effected champ as defense. Lol.
  • Options
    Dozer78 said:

This one I've only done for AW and only done it once so it's not totally proven. If you're stuck with an effected attacker if you pick spectate then select pick champions from the spectate page you should be able to change attackers. I'm assuming this will work with AQ as well. Just don't pick a line with an effected champ as defense. Lol.

Dear friend. My problem was in the monthly event and your suggestion made me complete it. I tried it 4 times and 4 times it worked.
    The real issue is: am I supposed to learn that by dozer78? Or should I be informed by Kabam technical support, since my first request was more than two weeks ago?
    All the best
    Mz
  • Options
    Dozer78, you are a hero to marvelkind! It has been a long week or so knowing I couldn't truly finish this master quest. Also finally got into AQ by tapping edit team a bunch of times b4 the screen could load, cause I have Havok in my top 3. I can't use Havok, but oh well lol. Thank you homie and fix this Kabam and give us some worthy compensation
  • Options
    Sean477Sean477 Posts: 3
    I’m experiencing the same and just posted this on a different thread. I think MODOK is another culprit that causes the error. This is unacceptable. I can’t play at all because he is in my current team and any time I try to play, he comes up and crashes the game.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Sean477 said:

I’m experiencing the same and just posted this on a different thread. I think MODOK is another culprit that causes the error. This is unacceptable. I can’t play at all because he is in my current team and any time I try to play, he comes up and crashes the game.

Sorry I don't have a work around for that yet.
  • Options
    I clicked edit team a bunch of times before the actual team appears and Finally got to change mine. Took me a couple tries, but that's how I finally got Havok off my team
  • Options
    RockCity333RockCity333 Posts: 122

Was playing spotted dimension rifts, landed on 6* ag path. Almost finished, game crashed. Lost all my progress and couldn’t continue that path. Bye bye 6* ag. Is there any way I can get my deserved 6* ag or am I SOL ?

pretty sure they could verify this. even if game crashes it doesn't usually kick you out pf the content you're on, unless it's incursions or battlegrounds so that's odd
  • Options
    SymbiopioidSymbiopioid Posts: 5
    I’m having the same issue and it’s occurring with all of the above listed champs. I’m on an iPod touch though so this problem isn’t limited to Samsung or any one particular brand of device. When it first started I filled out a bug report to Kabam and they eventually responded told me that this issue was widespread enough that it would require an update to fix. I really hope this gets fixed soon though because it’s basically prevented me from playing any of my favorite modes.
  • Options
    The team is looking into this issue right now!

Anyone who has encountered this issue, what device and operating system are you using?