**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How the 1.5% Rolls

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★

Normally, you’d be excited to be in the 1.5%. But not when it comes to Candy Cavs. Here’s a peek at a cool twenty pulls.

Dr. Zola

Comments

• Options
    DanthexmanDanthexman Posts: 197
    And I thought my luck was garbage! Bad luck indeed mate
  • Options
    TheCaptain412TheCaptain412 Posts: 337 ★★★
    Did you get a thrill when you opened those, tingling from the anticipation of maybe, just maybe, seeing a Golden Ticket poking out from under the wrapper of a Wonka Bar?

I’m sure these pulls felt just as good to you as those people who got the good stuff guaranteed or who got multiple 5* and 6* from their Cavs.
  • Options

Did you get a thrill when you opened those, tingling from the anticipation of maybe, just maybe, seeing a Golden Ticket poking out from under the wrapper of a Wonka Bar?

I’m sure these pulls felt just as good to you as those people who got the good stuff guaranteed or who got multiple 5* and 6* from their Cavs.

After nearly 8 years of finding myself often on the skinny part of the wrong tail of the MCoC curve, there’s so little shock effect left. Still, this one was worth a good wry chuckle…

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    My odds on all the Cav crystals I’ve ever opened (normal and featured combined) ended up being 4.25% for 6* champs. Just counted the other day and got it to exactly 400 crystals (It was also definitely over 100+ crystals until I got my first 6* champ.

Odds are crazy sometimes.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

After nearly 8 years of finding myself often on the skinny part of the wrong tail of the MCoC curve, there’s so little shock effect left. Still, this one was worth a good wry chuckle…

Dr. Zola
    just you wait until 2029 when they finally make beast beyond god tier
  • Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★
    I feel your pain bro
  • Options
    ChiefGoatChiefGoat Posts: 105
    I’ve pulled 3 6* champs already. All dupes but I’ll take them
  • Options
    Took 26 Candy Cavs, but the event finally yielded a 5* for me. Not a new one, but still not 3/4*.

My shoddy math calculates it as a 0.42% chance to get just one 5/6* champ from 26 Candy Cavs.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Cav crystals are awful rewards IMO. Almost entirely disappointing. Rarely pull something above 4-star.
  • Options

Cav crystals are awful rewards IMO. Almost entirely disappointing. Rarely pull something above 4-star.

Absolutely correct. Even at a 19% chance of 5/6* per crystal, my experience string above isn’t really that unusual.

On the other hand, a fallacious gambler might claim “Hey, I’m due!”😄

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★
    I had over 30 that I popped with no 5* or 6*. Got enough to get one more and spun out instead. Awakened my 6* Apoc.
  • Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited October 2022
    Not been too lucky on the rift portion. 2m gold and sig stones 1 time each so far, but did get a 6* DM and a couple 5* (for sigs and/or iso) from candy. Agree though, that is horrible for that many openings to not see at least one 5*, which is more typical for that many at once.

I think the statistics people would say....you had only 1.5% chance of doing this.
  • Options
    Yikes man
  • Options
    Knullvoid235Knullvoid235 Posts: 158
    Same doc, same
  • Options
    Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    Mine looked the same for a couple of months but yesterday pulled a 6* misty knight but then duped her from the basic🥲