**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

[June 9 - UPDATE] Android Log-In Issues

Comments

• Options
    4_ME_U_D0N34_ME_U_D0N3 Posts: 141
    vrto wrote: »
    This compensation is more than adequate. If you really wanted the champ you should've grinded out to get him. I got voodoo and starlord this week. Your not entitled to anything. No one owes you anything. Go out and get it if you lost, you lost. I think most people did 5.7 thinking they would get voodoo and they didn't. Then they want to cry about not getting him. You had to know voodoo would go high.

Dude why don't you STFU?!? It was not your issue so why are you here trolling us all, I did Voodoo and this is nothing about Voodoo, this is about no respect for thousands of users, this is about no customer care cause no six digits players are in, this is about incompetence on the process to figure out a compensation, this is alao because Kabam did a disappointing U turn on all the good stuff post v12. So please, leave the thread and us alone!

He was not worth the answer mate...We just feed the troll
  • Options
    By the way, the discussion should not be focused on arena only but on such subject there is much more than rank rewards, loads of milestones rewards were gone cause that is main target of players...
  • Options
    I was ranked 855 in Star Lord arena. Only one run away from the cut off!
    Daffy5778 wrote: »
    One last point, if you extended the rank rewards from 10% to say 15 or 20%, it's not like you are out anything kabam. You aren't giving us a real world product that you have to manufacture. I know it costs money to code and everything, but writing a code to extend rank rewards would be an easier fix than boost and stamina refills, and it would please a lot more people who continued to put time into the arena.

• Options
    This is not how you manage a crisis guys. Give everyone back what they have spent in those two arenas and run a third one. Problem solved and would make everyone happy!
  • Options
    vrtovrto Posts: 218 Content Creator
    edited June 2017
    Sorry to add to the list of negative comments but my view is the same as most, the outcome that has been decided is a bad one. My issue is that the compensation, as generous as you believe it is, doesnt address my issue personally.
    Luckily for me I got Voodoo in the second arena as planned (normally lower cut off than weekend arena) and very rarely do I attempt for a featured champ so bonus refills and boosts do not interest me. On the day of 'servergate' I was most annoyed at the fact that I couldn't get on to play any game mode. Don't need to hear the normal troll bs because the wife was working, kids with granny and it was pissing down outside so all I wanted to do was pack a bowl and play some contest.
    I understand that tailoring rewards would take a considerable amount of time so why not give a small package of items which will address a larger amount of players affected. As it stands for me this issue has not been resolved and when it comes to my quarterly review of the game I will take this into account.

Things Ive never expected as compensation:
    Dr. Voodoo of any *
    An awakening gem
    A Hot Tub Time Machine

Surely there is a middle ground between your list and mine.
    Kabam weighting 2h additional maintenance well warned in advance, over 8h of Android outage is just incredible!
  • Options
    vrto wrote: »
    This compensation is more than adequate. If you really wanted the champ you should've grinded out to get him. I got voodoo and starlord this week. Your not entitled to anything. No one owes you anything. Go out and get it if you lost, you lost. I think most people did 5.7 thinking they would get voodoo and they didn't. Then they want to cry about not getting him. You had to know voodoo would go high.

Dude why don't you STFU?!? It was not your issue so why are you here trolling us all, I did Voodoo and this is nothing about Voodoo, this is about no respect for thousands of users, this is about no customer care cause no six digits players are in, this is about incompetence on the process to figure out a compensation, this is alao because Kabam did a disappointing U turn on all the good stuff post v12. So please, leave the thread and us alone!

He was not worth the answer mate...We just feed the troll

Unfortunately he is the kind that feeds himself!
  • Options
    LilWolfyLilWolfy Posts: 42
    JUST RERUN THE DAMN ARENA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    Why didn't they at least tell us when the items are going out? Kabam is the most backwards company ever.

Mention something before the weekend then go silent. Will show up Monday type some bs and close the thread.
  • Options
    InhibiterInhibiter Posts: 3
    How about energy refills for the lack of questing available? Or missed solo/alliance events rewards? Arena wasn't the only facet that people had issue with. Those outside of the U.S were affected the most, and depending on timezone it wiped out an entire evening/night of playtime. Please consider. Thanks.
  • Options
    JamesC1981JamesC1981 Posts: 17
    Hey Summoners,

Thank you for waiting very patiently for an update on the Android log-in problem that occurred on the morning of June 2nd.

Our investigation into this matter was lengthened due to the complexity of the situation - a number of different Android players were affected in several different ways. We also wanted to ensure that the issue itself was entirely resolved and would not crop back up again. During this time, some Android players were not able to collect items from their Subscription Cards, some Android players were not able to compete in Arenas, and some people missed out on collecting rewards from the Log In Calendars.

To address these issues, we are taking a number of steps:

First, any affected players that had purchased a Subscription Card will have the rewards for that day granted to them, regardless of whether or not they were able to claim the rewards that day.

Second, we will be adding an extra flex day on the end of the Monthly Calendar for all players. This means that if you missed a day, you still have an extra day to claim those rewards.

Last, the trickiest one, addresses the players that were in Arenas. We will be issuing all players that reached Ranked Rewards in each of the Arenas a number of Arena Boosts and Stamina Refills, the amounts of which will be determined by which Arena you were competing in.

You may be wondering how we decided on the Arena Boosts and Stamina Refills for players in the Arenas. This was a complicated situation where not all players were affected, and those that were, were once again affected in different ways. Many players that were locked out were still able to Rank and win top prizes, and many had already reached their goal before they were locked out and received top rewards as well.

Players reacted to the situations very differently, with some continuing to grind after the fact, and some deciding to stop. There is also no guarantee that having that extra time would have given players a chance at winning the Champion, because cut offs would also have changed. Being close to what the cut off was now doesn’t mean that you would have been had the situation been different.

We chose to give all affected Summoners Arena Boosts and Stamina Refills to help them make up the time and effort in a future arena of their choosing.

Thank you all for your patience in this matter, and we are very sorry for the inconvenience that was caused by the down time for all of our Android players.

Dear Kabam Miiike,

Why do you keep referencing and thanking only Android users for their patience when you should know by now that the game's bugs and issues have also been affecting iPhone users such as myself?
    It's been 8 days and counting for me since I was last able to log in and play the game.
    I've sent a few messages to Kabam customer support and waited patiently for a reply and I've gotten nothing.
    I've stated my in-game user name, operating system, version and phone type along with the subject: I can't log in, and patiently waited for a response on the forums from Kabam anyone and have gotten no response.
    I really wanted that Iceman and I've received no reassurances that I'll get him despite not being able to log in because of this issue.
    Not to mention I've probably been kicked from my Alliance due to inactivity because of this issue which means that I'll probably lose all the rewards I'd otherwise be entitled to had I been able to log in by now.
    Unfortunately, I feel relieved that I didn't purchase that subscription card I'd thought about buying or else, I'd be out $30 too.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Can you tell us, the iPhone users and the Android users who still can't log in something?

Thank you for this update, i lost a lot of play time that i could have used, however my push really died down after the down time, however i am more then happy to accept this as there is no way of saying that i WOULD Have got the champ but this will help me in a push to get another one later. again THANK YOU!!!!!
  • Options
    DarkNemesisDarkNemesis Posts: 51
    edited June 2017
    Disregard
  • Options
    Thestoryteller6Thestoryteller6 Posts: 153 ★★
    Here's a suggestion:

1. You rerun the arenas for both Starlord and Doctor Voodoo.
    2. You give at least 4 weeks notice so people have time to plan their schedules.
    3. You make the characters milestone rewards instead of rank rewards.
    4. You pick a milestone that is around what it took to get the characters in the first arena. For Voodoo that would be something like 6m.
    5. You give about 300 units to compensate players who had to spend to make up for the outage.

I say make them milestones because that way you can guarantee the champs won't go for too few points. You also get around the problem of compensation packages possibly driving up scores. A fair solution for both sides.

Yes, there will be some people who benefit from this who weren't affected by the outage. But that's the price you pay for screwing up. As I mentioned before, the main thing is to ensure people who were affected get fair compensation. If there are "collateral beneficiaries" it doesn't matter.
  • Options
    KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Lots of good suggestions here. I know a lot of us are upset with the way this was handled, and the poorly thought out solution offered. The biggest thing that offended me was their focus was only on arena when so many other game modes were also affected. They need to go back and look at every event that was on a timer and realize Android users took a big hit on those events. I did every scrapyard but the last one, I hit 80% of every guardians hero use event rank rewards. Guys in my alliance lost their time to do their paths in war and we had to improvise. A thorough week long investigation would have included those issues. Running a third arena with Carnage going would not have been fair, but doing it when the feature is an older champ would be. Adding in another X2 hero use event would also be fair. Adding a few shards due to lower rank rewards and battlechips due to less fights would also be acceptable. What they have on the table now isn't, and it's also disappointing the way they announced it and ran away from any discussion over the weekend. That sounds like it was planned that way from the start. They could have put that notice out before the Carnage arena instead of waiting that extra 28 hours or so. It's just another breach of trust and badly mishandled. Listen to your players and payers kabam, don't start thinking you don't need us.
  • Options
    winniewinwinwinniewinwin Posts: 178
    Nail on the head with the units. I had to make up for an ENTIRE DAY in arena, so I dropped a touch over 600 units in recharging, spent every last arena boost I had, and boosted my champs with normal boosts.
  • Options
    same i dropped 1000 units and was short 1.5 million for starlord but kascam dont give a **** as long as there paid
  • Options
    LolmacheteLolmachete Posts: 10
    Only compensation for arena? We lost 6h on wars, quest and other things.
  • Options
    adzcacheadzcache Posts: 1
    Well I've only just made an account on these forums to voice my concern about this game and where it's headed in the future. I love it and I play it daily, but I'm sick of all these long-term issues hanging around and random bugs with every new update. I have spent money on this game before, but from now on I refuse to spend hard earned cash on a game that keeps going downhill. Hope things start changing soon.
  • Options
    EladElad Posts: 9
    You know, the best compensation will be to close down the servers for the same period at Hyperion's arena for IOS users, Thats how I'll get him (:
  • Options
    dracdrac Posts: 1
    so when does this compensation go out?
  • Options
    JerryrayJerryray Posts: 1
    When are these supposed to be given
  • Options
    TrimmerisTrimmeris Posts: 1
    So.... if i didnt do arenas and didnt lose any calendar items i will nkt get any rewards for not be able to play quests etc?
  • Options
    It continues! I'm still getting kicked from arena every time I try to recover a fight after my game crashed. I noticed that it crashes in 2 rounds out of 3 every time I get the 2.5 bonus multiplier which results to me losing the series and starting from 1× multiplier. I'm going through arena boosts like crazy ( doesnt mean I want some for compensation!) I was grinding for 3 star carnage and got to 600,000 out of 640,000. I know I could have gone all the way but the game kept crashing and screwing me over so I just gave up. With all my champions out of stamina and only 1 hour and 30 min. left in the arena. I better get carnage cuz I didnt spend most of 3 whole days to not get anything because of kabams bugs. I and many others want a real compensation!!!
  • Options
    LilWolfyLilWolfy Posts: 42
    why Not award anyone that was close to cutoff a mystic awakening gem!
  • Options
    It continues! I'm still getting kicked from arena every time I try to recover a fight after my game crashed. I noticed that it crashes in 2 rounds out of 3 every time I get the 2.5 bonus multiplier which results to me losing the series and starting from 1× multiplier. I'm going through arena boosts like crazy ( doesnt mean I want some for compensation!) I was grinding for 3 star carnage and got to 600,000 out of 640,000. I know I could have gone all the way but the game kept crashing and screwing me over so I just gave up. With all my champions out of stamina and only 1 hour and 30 min. left in the arena. I better get carnage cuz I didnt spend most of 3 whole days to not get anything because of kabams bugs. I and many others want a real compensation!!!

Carnage 3* is 1.3 million at the low end. No way 600k will get him.
  • Options
    Wray1976, stfu! I wasnt planning on just getting to 600k and stopping. I had to stop cuz I was wasting all my resources! I was planning on going beyond the milestones as much as possible, as soon as there was a team with stamina I could use, I would use it.
  • Options
    Wray1976, stfu! I wasnt planning on just getting to 600k and stopping. I had to stop cuz I was wasting all my resources! I was planning on going beyond the milestones as much as possible, as soon as there was a team with stamina I could use, I would use it.

Don't be mad at me because you couldn't do it. I was just saying you are way off. 600k should be done in the first day...Good try though.
  • Options
    INSIDEDRIVE28INSIDEDRIVE28 Posts: 4
    Username: insidedrive28
    Phone: moto z force droid
    Android version 7.0
This discussion has been closed.