**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Dexterity required?

I got tired of getting screwed by Mystic Dispersion so I removed Dexterity. But then I started getting wrecked by Specials I could normally evade (as well as unblockable specials).

Is Dexterity required to evade attacks? Or does it just change the timing required (make it easier) to evade attacks? I haven't been able to successfully test an evade without Dexterity yet, but that doesn't eliminate that I'm just bad.

Comments

• Options
    JJGJJG Posts: 145
    without dexterity only a few champions can evade i know quake nightcrawler black widow ultron and daredevil can evade
  • Options
    BowlSheetBowlSheet Posts: 113
    Well, let me edit my lingo. By evade, I really mean dodge. Obviously, when you dodge while having the Dexterity mastery, you get a crit bonus for Evade and the word "Evade" flashes on the screen. Also, there are characters that have natural Evade abilities. What I really mean is in regards to Dodging attacks. Is is possible to dodge special attacks without the Dexterity mastery? If so, I'm assuming the timing of the dodge is changed, since currently I am having difficulties dodging attacks that were normally easy to dodge.
  • Options
    Here is how it works IMO. When the opponent starts a special and you are "within the range" of the special, you cannot dodge the attack without dexterity. You would only have two active tap actions, block or release block.
  • Options
    GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    You need Dexterity to evade most specials. For the specials where just getting out of the way is enough you can get by without Dex, but you need to pull back earlier.

Also, the word "evade" pops up with natural evades, the word "dexterity" pops up when the dogdging is mastery related. All those "dexterity" evades are no longer possible.

Not having Dex screws you over in a lot more fights then getting screwed over by MD. My advise would be to adjust your fighting style when fighting mystics (pull back earlier so Dex isn't triggered) instead of adjusting your fighting style for every fight you do.
  • Options
    BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    Need to practice those hard and soft evades to not get the buff plus blocking some more than usual to bait heavies.