**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Transformers game "compensation"

RobertTheSlayerRobertTheSlayer Posts: 18
edited October 2022 in General Discussion
Not gonna lie i downloaded the game (forged to fight)like 2 weeks ago, but just wondering if we get something for playing, not reffering to me, but the ones that played both mcoc and forged to fight(or even bought something) since the game is closing down
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    why would they shut the game down with the new movie right around the corner, probably would’ve brought new players in

but alas
  • Options

why would they shut the game down with the new movie right around the corner, probably would’ve brought new players in

but alas

I installed the game cause of the new movie coming out, but i guess it wasn't Kabam's decision
  • Options
    I had no idea there was a new movie coming out
  • Options
    firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
    edited October 2022
    I'm just gonna say this. I hardly played it, but when I did, that game was pretty fun.
    RIP my 4 star Optimus Prime.
    Edit: my main reason for being upset is that... there's hardly any TF fighting games to begin with which is more of a traditional fighting game, in fact, I believe (mugen aside), FTF is the only Transformers fighting game that I know of. As a Transformers fan, it leaves me dumbfounded. It's not like Transformers can't work as a 1v1 fighting game.
  • Options
    TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    Out of curiosity but does anyone knows why the game shutdown?
  • Options
    spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 460 ★★★

Lack of revenue probably. That or issues with rights
  • Options
    Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★
    They probably waited to see how Disney Mirrorverse did Before making the decision. If they are shutting down transformers Mirrorverse must be doing pretty good and don’t want to spread out their employees into 3 games.
  • Options
    MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 548 ★★★
    I have 50M in gold in TFTF played since day 1 i hope to get some of that gold for MCOC i am starving for gold.
  • Options
    MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 548 ★★★

In my opinion transformers did not get the positive feedback & support from content creators since day 1 if you look at all games from all consoles content creators can make or break a game.
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,210 ★★★★

Money. The answer is ALWAYS cold, hard cash.
  • Options
    Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Posts: 469 ★★★
    I played that game since the day it was released...can't believe this is how I'm finding out it's going away...
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

I played that game since the day it was released...can't believe this is how I'm finding out it's going away...

Did you not get the in game message?
  • Options
    Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Posts: 469 ★★★
    edited October 2022

Did you not get the in game message?
    I haven't actually logged in to the game for a month or two. I usually switch between MCOC and TFTF as the game I focus on every few months
  • Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,598 ★★★★
    Is it possible to download the game again if it's removed from play store?
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    Renaxqq said:

You should be able to but you won't be able to make cash purchases so you'll be FTP til January
  • Options
    I am very sad to see this game go. Played since launch in one of the top alliances. This game was off to a hot start and was super competitive in the beginning.

It was Kabam's next big expirement after mcoc and imo, a better game and had a higher ceiling than mcoc. It was ahead of its time when it was released and will be still when it shuts down. It was bitten early by a few things.

1. Device limitations - Graphics were optimized for Apple exclusively. Kabam put alot of effort into improving things for Android but it was never quite there. Also in the beginning probably over half of all Android devices were on the "unsupported devices" list and literally couldn't run the game at all. It always seemed like it was a constant battle for Kabam's dev team to keep up.

2. The "Choose your Own Difficulty" experiment - As opposed to mcoc's prestige system. From my point of view it seemed lime the game's first mass exodus was the introduction of a very difficult map 3. The game was super competitive and busy at the time but this probably lead to instant burnout. If this system were introduced in mcoc the Difficulty level slider would need to reach 100k.

3. Its main competitor was mcoc.

4. I'd like to think that had the netmarble acquisition not have happened, this would not have happened. It is what it is.

Hopefully us tftf peasents hear more from the mods and dev team. And hopefully Kabam is greenlighted to try a game like this again in the near future.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Renaxqq said:

It's only available through APK. Once you download that, you can update it in the store but you cant find it in the Google store. I assume the same for Apple.
  • Options
    As pointed out in the link above, any updates on TFTF will be shared on the official website.
This discussion has been closed.