**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Draft phase bug- Battlegrounds

MackeyMackey Posts: 1,549 ★★★★★
I have noticed on a few occasions when I am due to pick the first single champ in the draft phase it automatically selects a champ for me without ever giving me option to select one, no timer etc either.

This can really impact the out come of a match.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit

Comments

• Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    Happened to me about 3 times I think as well. It’s not a huge deal IMO, but certainly could mess some people up
  • If there happens to be any “lagging” on your game at that point, the back-end servers are still proceeding along. So will timeout, and automatically choose for you (even if lagging means you never saw the selection choice).

Happened once (fortunately, only once) to me, it was during selecting the 3 champs to ban (it never came up for me, and all of a sudden I see it had auto-picked my Bans for me).

I believe it auto-picks based on highest rating among whatever champs can be chosen at that time (??) whether selecting your Bans, selecting your 7-person team, or choosing Defender/Attackers.

Always RESTART game BEFORE beginning a BattleGround match (or Incursions, or AQ/AW if you’ve been in game doing stuff for a while beforehand)
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,549 ★★★★★
    edited October 2022

If there happens to be any “lagging” on your game at that point, the back-end servers are still proceeding along. So will timeout, and automatically choose for you (even if lagging means you never saw the selection choice).

Happened once (fortunately, only once) to me, it was during selecting the 3 champs to ban (it never came up for me, and all of a sudden I see it had auto-picked my Bans for me).

I believe it auto-picks based on highest rating among whatever champs can be chosen at that time (??) whether selecting your Bans, selecting your 7-person team, or choosing Defender/Attackers.

Always RESTART game BEFORE beginning a BattleGround match (or Incursions, or AQ/AW if you’ve been in game doing stuff for a while beforehand)

I've had the issue on my first match after starting the game for the first time. Its not a time out thing (least not as far as I can tell) as I have zero connectivity issues at the point of it happening and it is literally instant, like we do the ban phase and then it switches instantly the draft phase but I've already got my 1 champ selected, no WiFi issue symbols no spinning cog etc etc just straight to them being able to pick 2. It's also not always selecting my top pi champ, I've had it choose 5* champs over r3s/r4s 🤷‍♂️.

Edit - wanted to clarify that I'm aware some 5* when max sig can be higher PI than some r3s but that is not the case either, none of my r5s are higher than my r3s in my deck.
  • Asim38Asim38 Posts: 135
    Happened to me once as well
    edited October 2022
    Just had it happen again 🤦‍♂️ no lag or delay, I've only got 6*s in my roster n it loads up the draft n I've selected a r2 electro instantly .... but I never even got an option.
  • Just saying, you might not see it as visual lagging (ie, NO drop of signal icon in corner)
    Game might still be showing the end of the Banning screens, as if normal. But behind the scenes the servers switched to first Team Select option, but couldn’t “sync” that with your game screen.
    You might still see a normal looking end to Banning, but Team Select timer started and then auto-picked before your game got back in sync with what is happening on server.
    edited October 2022

Just saying, you might not see it as visual lagging (ie, NO drop of signal icon in corner)
    Game might still be showing the end of the Banning screens, as if normal. But behind the scenes the servers switched to first Team Select option, but couldn’t “sync” that with your game screen.
    You might still see a normal looking end to Banning, but Team Select timer started and then auto-picked before your game got back in sync with what is happening on server.

Hmmm a whole lot of "mights" going on there 😂 ..... still not acceptable though.

It "might" be that it is a bug ..... 👀