Battlegrounds scoring: Please explain.

Dawill876Dawill876 Member Posts: 8
I’m really struggling to understand this scoring system for battlegrounds. I seems there's no consistency in the way you win or lose. Can someone explain to me what is happening here. I complete the battle first and the opponent finish after me but with slightly less more health and they win. Now in this scenario I complete after the opponent but with way more health and the opponent still wins? How does this thing work and where do we find scoring measure to know whether its a bug issue or not?

Comments

• Dawill876Dawill876 Member Posts: 8
    I’m not confused. Like I said in previous match ups I’ve finished the match faster than the opponent but with slightly less health and the opponent still won. Makes no sense when compared to this situation. I dont have a screen shot of the previous match but these numbers make no sense.

The numbers are all there, what are you confused about?

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,488 ★★★★★
    They won the Fights faster than you.
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Member Posts: 2,592 ★★★★★
    They won WAY faster than you did. Within 8 seconds or so is where a few percent more heath remaining will matter. These fights were finished nearly 2x faster than yours was. Why is that not evident?
  • Angryneeson52Angryneeson52 Member Posts: 449 ★★★
    Did you post the wrong pictures? First fight the were a lot faster than you. 58 seconds compared to your 99. Second photo they were also faster at 52 seconds compared to your 102 seconds.
  • Tijjy007Tijjy007 Member Posts: 335 ★★★

Did you post the wrong pictures? First fight the were a lot faster than you. 58 seconds compared to your 99. Second photo they were also faster at 52 seconds compared to your 102 seconds.

Haha love the name
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,403 ★★★★★
    Your score was less than theirs.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    1% health is worth roughly 1second time in score. Slightly less though.
  • Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Member Posts: 670 ★★★★

Finally proof that time is truly the tie breaker (after it is considered in the original score)
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,247 Guardian

Finally proof that time is truly the tie breaker (after it is considered in the original score)

Not necessarily. (not saying yes or no)
    While the Time category always divides evenly into a whole number (15000 / 120 secs is never fractional).

But the HP can indeed be fractional and they may carry that fractional number into the grand total points. *note that the % shown is also a rounded 1-place %, but they are using the actual HP remaining and the Max HP of the champ (not just the % shown in the Health Bar in-fight or post-fight).

So it may not be exactly the same score for both players (it just shows it rounded-off to be the same score)

Just depends if they are using whole numbers when adding up the points or not.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,247 Guardian
    As for @Dawill876 , you can click on the (i) information icons next to each points category.

Your example pics show a big difference in time in both cases.

But in the other one you mention (not shown) where you actually finished first, it might have only been a short difference in time and so other person's higher health might have been sufficient to overcome that.