**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mordo is underrated as an attacker

The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★
edited October 2022 in General Discussion
Damage
A picture is worth a thousand words

Utilities

1. Can gain lots of buff quickly.
2. Can block unblockable specials
3. Immune to passive aar
4. Soul barb - a) deals great damage per buff on opponent. Unique way of punishing buff.
b) reduces regen rate by 80% making mordo great regen counter
5. Great regen on sp3
PlayStyle

1. Against non buff champs
Heavy charge> intercept opponent's dash with sp1(you will reach sp1 very quickly on heavy charge) > watch out if opponent has specials active then let opponent use that. Repeat heavy charging and sp1 spamming.
You may sometimes throw sp3 for gaining 3 additional furies or a chance at great regen when on low health.

2. Against buff heavy champs or where regen needs to be controlled
Sp2> as much as heavy charge and intercepting opponents with sp1 possible till soul barb lasts>sp2 to activate soul barb. Repeat

Comments

• Options
    Useful synergies
    1. Terrax - really nice to have guaranteed evade on heavy charging (25s cooldwon) makes the gameplay lot easier and kinda reminds me of mr negative lol
    2. Odin- thrudstok prefight for more fury damage

My r4 mordo takes ws a non buff champ with about 44 hits on average without the above synergies. With those 37 hit.
  • Options
    HamoBlamo51HamoBlamo51 Posts: 280 ★★
    is this 5/65 or 3/45 and is sig required
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Damage

Utilities

3. Immune to passive aar
    4. Soul barb - a) deals great damage per buff on opponent. Unique way of punishing buff.
    5. Great regen on sp3
    PlayStyle

Heavy charge> intercept opponent's dash with sp1(you will reach sp1 very quickly on heavy charge) > watch out if opponent has specials active then let opponent use that. Repeat heavy charging and sp1 spamming.
    You may sometimes throw sp3 for gaining 3 additional furies or a chance at great regen when on low health.

Sp2> as much as heavy charge and intercepting opponents with sp1 possible till soul barb lasts>sp2 to activate soul barb. Repeat

We don't always (if ever) agree, but, I absolutely agree and I enjoy using him quite a bit. Very good write up.
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,408 ★★★★★
    An excellent hulkling counter
  • Options

Damage

Utilities

3. Immune to passive aar
    5. Great regen on sp3
    PlayStyle

We don't always (if ever) agree, but, I absolutely agree and I enjoy using him quite a bit. Very good write up.
    Agreed 😀
  • Options

is this 5/65 or 3/45 and is sig required

This is r4 6 star mordo, 4/55. And unawakened. Sigs add huge energy resistance to mordo while blocking. Probably highest in the game if max sigged.I will say even without awakening mordo is pretty much a beast, awakening is for extra benefit
  • Options
    gage201205gage201205 Posts: 573 ★★★

Damage

Utilities

3. Immune to passive aar
    5. Great regen on sp3
    PlayStyle

Do you not have issues in late game from parrying or blocking? If i recall he has one of the lowest block proficiencys. His sig gives him amazing energy proficiency but against physical attackers i feel he would be squishy, thats why im asking
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    That special intercept by heavy charging is not a reliable thing bcoz Mordo doesn't have infinite heavy charging like Scorpion does
    I have had to take a few hits on face bcoz of that
    Even if u just throw Sp1 in block sometimes there's enough time for the defender to punish that
  • Options
    edited October 2022

Damage

Utilities

3. Immune to passive aar
    5. Great regen on sp3
    PlayStyle

Do you not have issues in late game from parrying or blocking? If i recall he has one of the lowest block proficiencys. His sig gives him amazing energy proficiency but against physical attackers i feel he would be squishy, thats why im asking
    His energy resistance makes up for that and I guess energy attacks are the ones that does more block damage. I did against ws whose attacks are mostly physical. I got hit and got 2 bleeds from it,that's why it reduced to 88%.

Suppose say peni parker, check her block proficiency. Now tell me does her block sucks? Answer is no. When her sync shield is active she doesn't take any block damage.

Some champions have extremely low block proficiency but they are given some extra mechanics to balance that. Like sync shield for peni, highest energy resistance for mordo etc.

I use him a lot I don't feel much trouble blocking and taking damage.
    Btw mine is unawakened so i am very much missing that huge energy resistance, I hope to get a dupe of mordo.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,005 ★★★★★
    I have a awakened r3 Mordo. Debating to make him my first r4, his buff really flew under the radar. He's fun and hits hard.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    I've always liked mordo, even pre buff he was ok as an attacker, in the right fights.

• Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 900 ★★★
    Wow, I pulled a 6* recently but also got Rintrah. Now I am thinking who to rank 2 first… I also got Mojo r1 and Maw r2 - all unduped. Any pointers? Feel like you guys know your mystics…
  • Options
    melmenartmelmenart Posts: 24

Also, Mordo is good option fo BG :)