**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Any Misty Knight users?

Knullvoid235Knullvoid235 Posts: 158
edited October 2022 in Strategy and Tips

I don't know who to pick here. I know falcon benefits a lot from dupe and high sig but I don't know a thing about misty
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    Ercarret said:

I have my 6* Misty at r3. She isn't the flashiest champion but her access to constant unblockable attacks and guaranteed crits is amazing. I tend to use her as a counter to a lot of annoying auto-blocking champions such as Peni or Modok. She was great against them in EOP and she's been putting in a fair amount of work in BG as well. Whenever someone has a beefy Peni, they tend to ban the most obvious options (Galan and Hulkling) but they forget that she is a superb counter as well.

She has also netted me quite a few wins on defense as well since she can be a bit tricky to fight with her random shrug-offs and evades (plus unblockable, guaranteed crits).

It is satisfying to go unblockable often against autoblock champs. Is the rotation to get it as easy as falcon's lock on? Coz I was leaning towards falcon because of the 100% daar

• Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    In order to build up to your "constant unblockable crits" state, you need to either parry and dex a few attacks or end combos with light and medium attacks. I don't remember exactly which of those corresponds to the other but basically, you build up one type of charge by doing a defensive or offensive thing (let's say dex and attack and use a light combo-ender) and another charge by doing a different defensive/offensive thing (which would be to parry attacks and using medium combo-enders). When you reach 12 charges of both, you get two buffs (unblockable & crits) that you can then refresh endlessly with any of those actions.

It's relatively fast but not as immediate as Falcon's lock-on. However, it also doesn't fall off afterward unless you screw up.

That said, Falcon's lock-on is extremely powerful. I don't have him as a 6* so I had kind of forgotten how useful of an ability it is, but then I got Black Cat and she is kind of similar to Falcon in her defensive ability accuracy reduction, and it's soooooo good. So as much as I like Misty, I would probably go with Falcon if you don't have access to DAAR from some other champion.
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 935 ★★★
    Ercarret said:

I have my 6* Misty at r3. She isn't the flashiest champion but her access to constant unblockable attacks and guaranteed crits is amazing. I tend to use her as a counter to a lot of annoying auto-blocking champions such as Peni or Modok. She was great against them in EOP and she's been putting in a fair amount of work in BG as well. Whenever someone has a beefy Peni, they tend to ban the most obvious options (Galan and Hulkling) but they forget that she is a superb counter as well.

She has also netted me quite a few wins on defense as well since she can be a bit tricky to fight with her random shrug-offs and evades (plus unblockable, guaranteed crits).

Who s better, Misty or Black Cat?
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,309 ★★★★
    Falcon is better over Misty Knight.. his lock-on is very good, guaranteed crits.. very good counter to Thing.. I have both as 6* and both are awaken.. Falcon after buff is definitely good.. the awaken ability add few more sec to lock-on and higher the sigs, higher the crit rating. Misty Knight awaken ability ok but not necessary.. by attacking with mediums and light hits, she gains 'anti-metal' and by dexing opponents attacks she gains 'cryogenic'... when both are equal.. best when at max 12.. Misty enters equilibrium and gains unblockable.. you could maintain this state by just attacking and combo opponents.. use special if you want but you will lose the unblockable.. need to repeat cycle to reach 12 'anti-metal' and 'cryogenic'

You can read information in Auntm.ai
  • Options
    KiptonadeKiptonade Posts: 223 ★★★
    I’ve got both at r3 and I’d say it depends on what you play more of if it’s questing you will get more use from Falcon if it’s BGs you’ll get more use out of Misty she is a fantastic counter to autoblock champs especially overseer and Peni who lots of people shove on defence!
  • Options
    SuelGames said:

Ercarret said:

It's a somewhat tricky question since they solve different problems. I've personally found a lot more use for Black Cat than I have for Misty in Battlegrounds (which is the only thing I've really played recently). Then again, Misty has proven herself in the EOP in a way that Black Cat hasn't (yet).

All of that being said, I will probably r4 Black Cat next. I have no immediate plans to r4 Misty. I might in the future - the thought has certainly crossed my mind since I do like her - but Black Cat is just so dominant in BG that it's a no-brainer for me at the moment.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Ercarret said:

SuelGames said:

Ercarret said:

It's a somewhat tricky question since they solve different problems. I've personally found a lot more use for Black Cat than I have for Misty in Battlegrounds (which is the only thing I've really played recently). Then again, Misty has proven herself in the EOP in a way that Black Cat hasn't (yet).

All of that being said, I will probably r4 Black Cat next. I have no immediate plans to r4 Misty. I might in the future - the thought has certainly crossed my mind since I do like her - but Black Cat is just so dominant in BG that it's a no-brainer for me at the moment.
    Rly? lol

i pulled Cat as a 6* recently, but still undupped and unranked, havent even used her, what makes her so good? i dont even know tbh

and does the need dup?

• Options
    She reduces the opponent's defensive ability accuracy, similarly to Falcon. While she starts at 0% reduction, it goes up by 2% for every hit in her combo (or 4% when fighting Science champs), up to 60%. So the ramp-up is 30 hits against non-Science champions and 15 hits against Science champions (which is just over two combos, since she has a 6 or 7-hit combo).

The main thing about her after that is her Heist. It has a 45-second timer and when it ends (either by the timer running out or by you throwing an SP2), it can do one of two things. Either it gives her a Vicious passive that increases her DOT damage by 50%, or it places a Sabotage debuff on the opponent that grants her another 40% DAA reduction. I use her for the latter unless I somehow find myself in a situation where the opponent doesn't have anything that I want to shut off.

When that Sabotage debuff is up, it 1) is paused every time an effect fails to trigger, and 2) deals direct damage every time an effect fails to trigger. It is similar to how Falcon gains increased critical rating/more damage every time an evade fails to trigger while his lock-on is active, but useful in more situations.

For example:

* She's my go-to Hulkling counter since she shuts off his regens/indestructibility after a while.
    * She's an amazing Thing counter since she turns off his rock stacks.
    * She is great at keeping Rintrah's mystical charges at bay.
    * She can be a great iBom counter unless you get really bad RNG and end up with a bunch of poisons on you before you shut those down. That has happened to me once or twice, but she's usually pretty safe.
    * She's great at countering Nick Fury since she prevents him from gaining his charges (other than from his SP1).
    * She shuts down shrug-off abilities so she can be a great counter to Mole Man, Kingpin, Agent Venom etc.
    * She shuts down annoying evade champions.
    * She shuts down Electro.

I'm constantly finding more and more uses for her. What's so great about is that, while her main debuff is bleed, she's great against bleed immune champion as well since she does so much direct damage with every failed effect on them (assuming they have those kinds of effects to begin with). That's why she's such a great Thing counter. She punishes him and deals extra damage with every strike. As soon as you've thrown your SP2, he just melts.
  • Options
    Thanks for the detailed input guys! Also on the new topics too. I went with falcon.
  • Options
    Oh, and about the dupe: I wouldn't say she needs it in the same way Archangel or Aegon does, but it's a nice safety net since it gives her both combo shields and a decent chance at evading attacks. They've saved me quite a few times since I tend to be pretty aggressive with her.

OP: Congrats on that Falcon! A great champion! He should be able to do pretty much everything I listed for Black Cat.
  • Options
    Ercarret said:

She reduces the opponent's defensive ability accuracy, similarly to Falcon. While she starts at 0% reduction, it goes up by 2% for every hit in her combo (or 4% when fighting Science champs), up to 60%. So the ramp-up is 30 hits against non-Science champions and 15 hits against Science champions (which is just over two combos, since she has a 6 or 7-hit combo).

The main thing about her after that is her Heist. It has a 45-second timer and when it ends (either by the timer running out or by you throwing an SP2), it can do one of two things. Either it gives her a Vicious passive that increases her DOT damage by 50%, or it places a Sabotage debuff on the opponent that grants her another 40% DAA reduction. I use her for the latter unless I somehow find myself in a situation where the opponent doesn't have anything that I want to shut off.

When that Sabotage debuff is up, it 1) is paused every time an effect fails to trigger, and 2) deals direct damage every time an effect fails to trigger. It is similar to how Falcon gains increased critical rating/more damage every time an evade fails to trigger while his lock-on is active, but useful in more situations.

For example:

* She's my go-to Hulkling counter since she shuts off his regens/indestructibility after a while.
    * She's an amazing Thing counter since she turns off his rock stacks.
    * She is great at keeping Rintrah's mystical charges at bay.
    * She can be a great iBom counter unless you get really bad RNG and end up with a bunch of poisons on you before you shut those down. That has happened to me once or twice, but she's usually pretty safe.
    * She's great at countering Nick Fury since she prevents him from gaining his charges (other than from his SP1).
    * She shuts down shrug-off abilities so she can be a great counter to Mole Man, Kingpin, Agent Venom etc.
    * She shuts down annoying evade champions.
    * She shuts down Electro.

I'm constantly finding more and more uses for her. What's so great about is that, while her main debuff is bleed, she's great against bleed immune champion as well since she does so much direct damage with every failed effect on them (assuming they have those kinds of effects to begin with). That's why she's such a great Thing counter. She punishes him and deals extra damage with every strike. As soon as you've thrown your SP2, he just melts.

Thx for the feedback m8! Would u use her over Crossbones or Black Widow OG?
  • Options
    @SuelGames I have neither of those other two champions so I can't compare them.