**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam so called RNG

So called RNG so smart that it knows exactly to give you items that you really do not need. What are the random odds that you will get same items every time that you really don’t need? Of course 100%
3 mystic AG in a row and to rub salt to the wound, let’s make sure to give him 3-4 mystic rank up gem that he really doesn’t have worthy champ to use on.

Comments

• Con_RebCon_Reb Posts: 33

So exhilarating to be rewarded for all the time you invested doing hard content.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    Bad luck is part of randomness. Your pulls are perfectly normal, don't worry.

Also it's not like you didn't get rewarded, you got the gems and can use them later.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Con_Reb said:

So exhilarating to be rewarded for all the time you invested doing hard content.

What hard content has a 3-4 gem?

3 of any class in a row is really not that uncommon. It's around 3%. Items that you "don't need" are impossible to statistically analyze, although I would argue that "need" is a strong term in any game where there are so many options. "Want" might be the word you are looking for.

Maybe it would help to have a different perspective. You could ask the community about which champs they suggest ranking/awakening, or just be glad that you can immediately awaken any Mystic you want now, or understand that you're playing a heavy RNG game and that things like this statistically happen to a lot of people with the millions(?) that play the game. .

Agree with your assessment of use of proper verbiage on want vs need but while the game is supposed to be heavily based on randomness but at most time it does not feel like so. While I don’t have a strong mystic roster and all decent mystic champs I have that needs duped are already awakened. It is hard to to digest randomness when there is a pattern that doesn’t seem it is. I had the same pattern with 5* AG that it was always tech after tech.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Con_Reb said:

So called RNG so smart that it knows exactly to give you items that you really do not need. What are the random odds that you will get same items every time that you really don’t need? Of course 100%
    3 mystic AG in a row and to rub salt to the wound, let’s make sure to give him 3-4 mystic rank up gem that he really doesn’t have worthy champ to use on.

If you only got what you needed I'm sure you wouldn't be complaining about rng. But seriously, if you think kabam has specific algorithms to monitor and track what every single player in the game needs and then not give it to them, then you need to loosen the tinfoil hat your wearing

Con_Reb said:

If you only got what you needed I'm sure you wouldn't be complaining about rng. But seriously, if you think kabam has specific algorithms to monitor and track what every single player in the game needs and then not give it to them, then you need to loosen the tinfoil hat your wearing

1. We can have a civilized discussion. No need to be dish out rudeness.
    2. I am not saying always getting what I need, the game won’t be interesting if it did. I totally understand the role RNG plays. I am saying the pattern most of the times does not look randomized.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    edited October 2022
    Con_Reb said:

Con_Reb said:

1. We can have a civilized discussion. No need to be dish out rudeness.
    2. I am not saying always getting what I need, the game won’t be interesting if it did. I totally understand the role RNG plays. I am saying the pattern most of the times does not look randomized.
    Nothing uncivilized at all about what I said. It's just the matter that you are making the exact same baseless accusations that thousands have made before you, all without anything even remotely close to proof.

And for the record my last 4 6* ag have been mystics, which are useless to me as well, but I don't write posts complaining about it.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    So it's Fair RNG when you do get what you want but it's a conspiracy when you don't get what you want?

Now that I've typed all this out, can you see the holes in this argument?

So it's Fair RNG when you do get what you want but it's a conspiracy when you don't get what you want?

This doesn’t make sense, were the hole in my argument. It is not about what I want vs what I got. It is about whole RNG being random. I would not have said anything if I got two mystic and a science (which I also cannot use). It is all about randomness being random not a same set of pattern.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    Con_Reb said:

This doesn’t make sense, were the hole in my argument. It is not about what I want vs what I got. It is about whole RNG being random. I would not have said anything if I got two mystic and a science (which I also cannot use). It is all about randomness being random not a same set of pattern.
    Yes but randomness seems the less random, the smaller sample you have. And sorry, 3 gems aren't too much. It is a relatively small statistical sample. Imagine rolling a classic 6-sided dice 3x and claiming it is loaded...