**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Are some accounts just randomly more unlucky than others?

My account is rated at 330k+, and I spend quite amount on the game. However, I am 0/10 in featured 5* crystals, have never gotten a 4* from the uncollected daily crystal (had the crystal since the first day it came out), and it has been well over a month since I've gotten a 4* from a PHC. Further, it has been at least 2 months since I've gotten a fully formed catalyst of any sort from map5/6 AQ crystals.

How can my account have such horrible luck when others constantly get good crystal pulls? It can't possibly be true that spenders have better luck, I feel like it is the opposite...

Comments

• AquamaAquama Posts: 135
    I constantly ask myself the same question. I have this theory that the more I log on and stay active, that it reduces my chances at better spins and rewards. There's even a few YouTube videos that seem to support something of that notion. Could all be just luck though. Would love to hear some input
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    I feel the same way. It has been my experience that the more active and hard working you are, the more you get screwed in this game.
  • I was advised by an associate of mine that if you're in an Alliance it can increase your unluckiness with PHCs and the like. For example, let's say you get a 4* champ every 100 PHCs you open. Now you have 30 people pulling from the same 100. With that being the case, someone could just have good timing, while others don't.
  • ChitlinsChitlins Posts: 164 ★★
    I was advised by an associate of mine that if you're in an Alliance it can increase your unluckiness with PHCs and the like. For example, let's say you get a 4* champ every 100 PHCs you open. Now you have 30 people pulling from the same 100. With that being the case, someone could just have good timing, while others don't.

I've actually tested that myself and only opened featured 5* when it seemed like everyone in my alliance who were opening were failing too and still no luck.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    There could be an enticement effect for people not logging in all the time. But I doubt it.

Going 0/10 on features is not a fun time. That's 5 extra 5* you gambled with and that stinks. There are people who've gone on to 20/30/40 crystals without getting the featured.

My curse is cosmic Champions. I've got a plethora of them in 4 and 5*. How come I have different 4/5* cosmics?

But the answer is just random number generation. The more active we are the more we feel like we are constantly getting unlucky because we are pulling the most ****.
  • SuskanutSuskanut Posts: 113
    You haven't prayed to RNGesus lately have you?
    Bit in all honesty most of this game if not all of it is RNG based
  • Suskanut wrote: »
    You haven't prayed to RNGesus lately have you?
    Bit in all honesty most of this game if not all of it is RNG based

No, there HAS to be some secret to it... it can’t just be statistics! *sarcasm*
  • yea I’m there with you. I’m opening one last spidey crystal tonight/tomorrow and if it lands on trash, then I’m putting the game down.

Win/win situation. I get more time in my life back. Or I get to finally attempt LoL with spidey or Gwenpool. Love this game but the whole Kabam team doesn’t understand rewarding loyalty or good play. Even how they handled the emergency maintenance tonight is completely unprofessional.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    An ex member of my alliance is a developer and said apparently there is a big algorithm created by a Japanese company that's used by a lot of major games and it's very very complicated, wish I'd asked some of the factors, someone put together a lot of data on reddit which showed a correlation between spenders actually having worse luck percentages with 4* from phcs
  • ChitlinsChitlins Posts: 164 ★★
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    An ex member of my alliance is a developer and said apparently there is a big algorithm created by a Japanese company that's used by a lot of major games and it's very very complicated, wish I'd asked some of the factors, someone put together a lot of data on reddit which showed a correlation between spenders actually having worse luck percentages with 4* from phcs
    Speeds80 wrote: »

I believe he was referring to Gacha.
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    I 100% Act 4 a year ago with my only 4*s. Maxed out HB, duped colossus, venom, unduped BW, and classic cap. I have 18 5*s now. Only demi god and above is magik unduped. 0-6 for featured
  • DJRipsterDJRipster Posts: 169
    I feel the same... I think nearly all my alliance mates have pulled featured 5-stars now, but no luck for me... even the 4-star drop rates and PHC drop rates are much lower than my team mates :(

I guess Im just "unlucky"
  • mDracomDraco Posts: 14
    In Gacha also is so difficult to predict but i think kabam not understand the whole scenario that Gacha algo reduces chances time to time as more as player spend time in game.
    They should follow the full theory i.e.

"Allowing players to fuse unwanted items with other in-game items helps reduce player frustration"

Thats how other gaming company stabilize the player frustration and make a happy environment .
  • NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340
    I will add that I have 2 accounts and my son has one. My main account I spend often and it generally seems to get good pulls and I would consider lucky. Both my sons account and my 2nd account which rarely to never spend money have been one after the other 4* and 5* pulls of Kamala khan, spider Gwen and every bottom of the barrel champ you can think of
  • mDracomDraco Posts: 14
    I am also a game developer so i can understand that they cant just remove Gacha algo and put some thing different algo in the game but as we do involve some extra reward at certain reward at after certain bad pulls .

They should also try something like this.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,419 ★★★★
    mDraco wrote: »
    In Gacha also is so difficult to predict but i think kabam not understand the whole scenario that Gacha algo reduces chances time to time as more as player spend time in game.
    They should follow the full theory i.e.

"Allowing players to fuse unwanted items with other in-game items helps reduce player frustration"

Thats how other gaming company stabilize the player frustration and make a happy environment .

Well technically they have that by allowing you to sell your unwanted champs for shards. Not so much for 5* now tho