**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Battlegrounds Sandbagging

ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,286 ★★★★★
Does anyone know if they're going to do something about sandbagging in battlegrounds? Seen a handful of people have the same issues in battlegrounds as me due to this so I'm curious

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    It's something they're looking at.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,212 ★★★★★
    Just fought someone from a sweaty whale alliance with 8-9 1*s. I'm at mysterium I. Smh
  • Mpd1Mpd1 Posts: 97
    I tried the sand bagging. Lost 3 straight. Went back to full strength and won 3.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,286 ★★★★★
    For the record, I don't think sandbagging is cheating or anything like that, I just think it's unfair and hurts newer players more than it hurts the ones doing it
    Mpd1 said:

I tried the sand bagging. Lost 3 straight. Went back to full strength and won 3.

Well, yeah I guess sometimes the sandbagger does get sandbagged but then sometimes it does work and it's pretty much a free win with no effort whatsoever. I just think it shouldn't be allowed since battlegrounds is supposed to be all about skill (from my understanding at least)
    Nvm I got my answer, to those who disagree with me when I say it's unfair enjoy those free points while you still can I guess

• Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 349 ★★★
    I don’t think the sandbagging offers any advantage. I’ve matched them and they don’t seem to have any advantage. In most cases they end up costing themselves the match as they have less options and even get a bad draw sometimes and have to quit out

I don’t think the sandbagging offers any advantage. I’ve matched them and they don’t seem to have any advantage. In most cases they end up costing themselves the match as they have less options and even get a bad draw sometimes and have to quit out

I think it depends on what level you are and who you get as your opponent. For people who are uncollected and cavalier yes there's no advantages at all (yes I've tried it, thought I could fight fire with fire lol). However, when you're thronebreaker or paragon it absolutely does offer advantages if you get matched with a cavalier or uncollected player because basically all you needs is 4 champs out of the 15 and you've won no matter what. I've yet to defeat a single thronebreaker or paragon player who does this, I have only defeated cavalier and uncollected players who do it. Now, I obviously shouldn't be defeating thronebreakers or paragons because that wouldn't be logical, but I also shouldn't be getting matched with them in the first place because they're miles above me

There massive massive thread on this

Well, it's clearly a huge issue then, however since they did call it cheating it'll get fixed in the near future so I'm not worried anymore