**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Seven Stars revise for the community

2»

Comments

• jdeck59 said:

7 stars will **** 6 stars in a full year

History doesn't agree with your statement. Unless you're a whale, 7*s will be mostly irrelevant to your roster for a very long time.
  • Everyone, we just have to accept the inevitable. What's done is done. 7* Champions are coming and there is nothing we can do about it. Sure, we can all complain about it or be for it. But this is the nature of the beast. The game is evolving and us with it.
  • Vergeman78Vergeman78 Posts: 132 ★★
    What’s the point of this debate, is someone expecting Kabam to halt the push of 7* and go in a different direction? Regardless of what is going to be discussed, 7* are coming out in a few days. Maybe as a community, it’s time to accept and move forward. Or move along if we can’t handle it. But complaining, even if it’s in a constructive manner, just won’t change anything
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Pikolu said:

People keep saying they're done when they're released, but I'd like a head count when the time comes.

I don't know any single person not ready to get there first 7* even if it is going to be a noodle it will still be a 7* noodle bring it on 7* unduped Groot. 😂

Me. I'm done when 7*s are released lol.
    why when they are relased?
    they are bound to release now. shouldnt you already head out knowing 7stars are coming
    and apparently you cant work to acquire them again.. the same hardwork you do now to acquire the new 6stars... smh

if someone says
    working to get new 6stars situation is different because your current 6stars would be useful
    well thats not different from working to get 7stars either
    you will be using your current god tier or whatever 6stars only to get these 7star shards
    Because it makes me feel like I have to start my roster progression all over, and I'm not about that. I have things I want to do with my time other than grind for a new champ rarity in a mobile game.

Bottom line is that I don't want to play this game forever, and the release of 7*s just gives me a good marker to get out. I'm f2p, and with everything that's coming, especially relics and 7*s, I don't feel like I will be able to keep up, as I'm sure they'll try to monetize the heck out of them.
    Why do you have to start your roster progression all over again? Nothing about the introduction of 7 stars will force you to spend hours grinding for a new champion rarity. If you looked at the history of the game, 6* champions didn't overtake 5*s in terms of usefulness until we were able to get r3 6*s more easily. Until then, most 5*s were better than their r2 6* counterparts due to the extra 15% power gain a r5 has over a r2. If kabam follows the same pattern they have been since r4 5*s, we won't even see a ftp 7* that goes higher than a 6* for 3.5 years, with the release of 9.4. Also, we now have ascension so 7*s will be worse than ascended 6*s until we can get the rank above r5 6*s.

TLDR: 7*s won't overtake 6*s in the meta for a really long time, don't worry about getting them.

Note: 7*s are mainly for prestige whales to chase something new since it is too easy to acquire and sig 200 the new 6* prestige champions
    Fair points. Where I would disagree with you is in regards to 7*s relevance in BGs. I've completed essentially every piece of meaningful content that I want to, and so BGs is really the main thing keeping me playing right now. Im sure that a lot of big accounts in BGs will waste no time getting 7*s ranked up in their rosters, and there's no way to avoid matching those guys if you're moving up the ranks. That's going to put me at a significant disadvantage in BGs having to face guys with multiple 7*s in their rosters, while I probably wouldn't have one for months.

Content wise you're absolutely right, 6*s will be perfectly viable for years to come, but I already have a deep enough roster to complete any content they come up with. It's PvP where it'll have the most effect.

For me I honestly just want to take a break from mcoc and spend my time elsewhere. Maybe I'll come back eventually, maybe I won't, but this gives me a good end point to say I'm done. I hope 7*s are awesome and everybody loves them, I'm just not feeling the hype.
    If a 7* rank 1 is the same as a 6* rank 4, how is a deck full of 7*s going to be different to a deck full of rank 4s?

If anything it’ll be easier since there’ll be less high sig Korgs, Dominos, Things etc.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    This gives me my Ægon post vibes
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

jdeck59 said:

History doesn't agree with your statement. Unless you're a whale, 7*s will be mostly irrelevant to your roster for a very long time.
    Acensions and relics will keep 6*'s in the meta for longer than a year for sure.

What’s the point of this debate, is someone expecting Kabam to halt the push of 7* and go in a different direction? Regardless of what is going to be discussed, 7* are coming out in a few days. Maybe as a community, it’s time to accept and move forward. Or move along if we can’t handle it. But complaining, even if it’s in a constructive manner, just won’t change anything

The point is to express your opinions and ideas. No one expects them to halt 7*s at this point. I've accepted it and I don't like the direction, so I'm leaving. Not expecting anything to change, just voicing my opinion. That's what forums are for.
    Did you feel the same for the release of 5 and 6*'s?
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    I dont think I mentioned this in the post but I never said I wanted this to get rid of 7 stars I just said I would have liked this instead and here was an idea, never did I say or mean to say replace 7 stars with this

The point is to express your opinions and ideas. No one expects them to halt 7*s at this point. I've accepted it and I don't like the direction, so I'm leaving. Not expecting anything to change, just voicing my opinion. That's what forums are for.
    I wasn't around for either of them.
    Well then your stance on this is even more ridiculous.

This game started with 4*'s as the highest rarity. Then 5*'s came along and then 6*'s. The obvious next progression is 7*'s. Everyone should have seen it coming. Is it too early still? Maybe but it's not like we didn't know they would come at some point.

We'll have relics and ascensions for 6*'s which will keep them above the power of 7*'s for a long time. You can't even open a 7* crystal until next spring anyway. Complete overreaction for those who are quitting because of 7*'s.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,757 ★★★★★

I wasn't around for either of them.
    Well then your stance on this is even more ridiculous.

This game started with 4*'s as the highest rarity. Then 5*'s came along and then 6*'s. The obvious next progression is 7*'s. Everyone should have seen it coming. Is it too early still? Maybe but it's not like we didn't know they would come at some point.

We'll have relics and ascensions for 6*'s which will keep them above the power of 7*'s for a long time. You can't even open a 7* crystal until next spring anyway. Complete overreaction for those who are quitting because of 7*'s.
    Well shoot, you've convinced me, I guess I'll just keep playing this game forever, till we have 20*s. I guess you missed the part where I said I was looking to take a break anyways, 7*s just give me a good stopping marker.

Of course I knew 7*s would come eventually, but it's too soon imo. We should be able to max out 6*s before we have 7*s.

I really don't care if people are excited for 7*s, as I said earlier, I hope they're awesome and super fun to play, I just have no interest in them.

Bottom line is, I'm losing interest in this game and there's other ways I want to spend my time.
    When 5 and 6* came out it was the same time we could finally max rank the 4 and 5*. That way you had to make a choice, max your first 4 or 5* or begin work on a 5 or 6*. That's the point of a new Rarity when your about to max the current top rarity.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Too soon? How long would be sufficient? 5 years? 10 years?
  • Tijjy007Tijjy007 Posts: 313 ★★★
    Bruhhh, i checked thru some of his other posts, its a trend to dislike max, why is that?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,757 ★★★★★
    Tijjy007 said:

Bruhhh, i checked thru some of his other posts, its a trend to dislike max, why is that?

That's what happens when the majority of things you say are either nonsense or just outright bad takes.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,528 ★★★★★
    jdeck59 said:

jdeck59 said:

All I said was 7 stars will t-r-u-m-p 6 stars in a year. Weird that was censored
    That ex-president is a bad word ;)