**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Question about Attuma

Pseudo_19Pseudo_19 Posts: 396 ★★
edited November 2022 in Strategy and Tips
There is nothing in his abilities that I see that explain why he is purifying stun debuffs to replace them with concussion. I was even using prof X with quicksilver synergy which gives the opponent -100% purify ability accuracy which I would assume isn’t the same as regular ability accuracy reduction since neutralize is also just buff ability accuracy reduction and not just regular AAR.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options

Hey there, so Attuma has an ability to Purify 1 non-damaging, non-Consussion Debuff and replace it with a Concussion Debuff. This ability triggers when he uses a Heavy Attack, is inflicted with a Stun Debuff, or is inflicted with an Infuriate Debuff.

I see the description there now! Thanks for the clarification, I assumed it would be in the “always active” ability description and not under heavy attack description.

I was wondering if you could comment on the quicksilver + professor X synergy that gives -100% purify ability accuracy. I know Attuma reverses ability accuracy reduction but it seems a bit counterintuitive given for this incredible new synergy.
    @Kabam Zibiit thanks for the clarification on the ability description!
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

Just treat him as stun immune. Besides that he's not hard. Shuri on the other hand I found quite annoying especially with the Node combinations.

All of shuris attacks make no contact so only champs like guardian and Angela will be able to parry her. Shuri is going to be a very niche attacker being the only champ in the game who has all there attacks be non-contact.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,773 ★★★★★
    Pseudo_19 said:

Buttehrs said:

Just treat him as stun immune. Besides that he's not hard. Shuri on the other hand I found quite annoying especially with the Node combinations.

All of shuris attacks make no contact so only champs like guardian and Angela will be able to parry her. Shuri is going to be a very niche attacker being the only champ in the game who has all there attacks be non-contact.
    No yea im not worried about the non contact parts or parrying her. Theres ways around that. Was just saying that coupled with the nodes made it annoying lol.
  • Options
    No yea im not worried about the non contact parts or parrying her. Theres ways around that. Was just saying that coupled with the nodes made it annoying lol.

I didn’t even notice the nodes, I was going to use hulking but I just recently got a 6* Shang chi from the featured pool that I took to rank 3 so just being unblockable and stunning Shuri whenever you want is pretty nice, Shang chi will probably be my first skill rank 4 unless I pull Valkyrie soon.
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,005 ★★★★
    I'll be using Namor w/ White Mags guidance boost for the passive stun.
  • Options
    BlôdletterBlôdletter Posts: 444 ★★★
    He seems really annoying to fightt against at first glance
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★

He seems really annoying to fightt against at first glance

his heavy and special 1 are real easy to counter so if you’ve got non-contact attackers (like professor x) then it’s not bad at all
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    BWDO is great for Attuma I find. The shocks remove hydration so just bait and punish heavies and sp1s. They're both easy to avoid and punish. His hydration never gets out of hand with all the shocks though.
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    I found Attuma easy to fight Shuri gave me a lot of trouble
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,138 ★★★★★
    Pseudo_19 said:

There is nothing in his abilities that I see that explain why he is purifying stun debuffs to replace them with concussion. I was even using prof X with quicksilver synergy which gives the opponent -100% purify ability accuracy which I would assume isn’t the same as regular ability accuracy reduction since neutralize is also just buff ability accuracy reduction and not just regular AAR.

His ability to reverse AAR is like the new shrug.
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,783 ★★★★★

Bishop has entered the chat

Storm X sends her regards.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,021 ★★★★★

Bishop has entered the chat

Yup, I used Bishop to flash fry that fish.
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★

Pseudo_19 said:

Hey there, so Attuma has an ability to Purify 1 non-damaging, non-Consussion Debuff and replace it with a Concussion Debuff. This ability triggers when he uses a Heavy Attack, is inflicted with a Stun Debuff, or is inflicted with an Infuriate Debuff.

I see the description there now! Thanks for the clarification, I assumed it would be in the “always active” ability description and not under heavy attack description.

I was wondering if you could comment on the quicksilver + professor X synergy that gives -100% purify ability accuracy. I know Attuma reverses ability accuracy reduction but it seems a bit counterintuitive given for this incredible new synergy.
    As part of his always active abilities, all Ability Accuracy modification effects on Attuma have their potencies reversed. So while this synergy normally reduces Purify Ability Accuracy by -100% after a Well-Timed Block, and can be a great way to stop most champs from Purifying a Stun from a Parry, when used against Attuma, the potency of that effect will be reversed, increasing his Purify Ability Accuracy by +100%.
    WTF? That's some BS...😂
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Wags prefight solves it.
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★

Wags prefight solves it.

Wags plus Namor makes him a non-issue tbh
  • Options
    As part of his always active abilities, all Ability Accuracy modification effects on Attuma have their potencies reversed. So while this synergy normally reduces Purify Ability Accuracy by -100% after a Well-Timed Block, and can be a great way to stop most champs from Purifying a Stun from a Parry, when used against Attuma, the potency of that effect will be reversed, increasing his Purify Ability Accuracy by +100%.

Thanks for the clarification, I thought maybe, just maybe, purify ability accuracy would be a tad different like neutralize. I wonder how neutralize champs will work against Attuma. Especially after the “fix” for mysterio, archangel, etc to be immune to neutralize.
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 935 ★★★

Pseudo_19 said:

How does he interact with champs immune to AAR?

Does he get damage from critical failure?

Am i talking nonsense? English not native language, so im having a hard time trying to understand the reverse AA mechanics
  • Options

Am i talking nonsense? English not native language, so im having a hard time trying to understand the reverse AA mechanics

He reverses his own AA mechanics. So instead of being immune to AAR he will reverse it, therefore increasing his AA, which will always his effects to trigger multiple times. I’d assume domino would only help him and not take critical failure damage.
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★

Wags prefight solves it.

I love that prefight. 😍
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    Pseudo_19 said:

He reverses his own AA mechanics. So instead of being immune to AAR he will reverse it, therefore increasing his AA, which will always his effects to trigger multiple times. I’d assume domino would only help him and not take critical failure damage.

You're both right and wrong - Domino is specifically mentioned in his spotlight for this reason:
    1 - She'll help him, as her -15% AA will increase his ability Accuracy, and let anything with >100% chance happen more than once.
    2 - She'll constantly inflict Critical Failure, since anything that happens more than once, keeps happening till it fails. And any failure = damage. It doesn't have to be failure due to AAR.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,165 ★★★★★
    Pseudo_19 said:

Buttehrs said:

Thanks. I actually thought Shuri was stun immune and never read her description (having a r4 Herc does that to me now).
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 935 ★★★
    Pseudo_19 said:

wow thats awesome, specially considering the class disadvantage
  • Options
    Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 462 ★★★
    So is Attuma safe against Domino's ability accuracy reductions? I still don't understand the difference between her passive AAR and her "Critical Failure" sig ability. I tried fighting Domino with Attuma and I was still suffering damage from her sig ability.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    edited February 2023
    Mr.0-8-4 said:

So is Attuma safe against Domino's ability accuracy reductions? I still don't understand the difference between her passive AAR and her "Critical Failure" sig ability. I tried fighting Domino with Attuma and I was still suffering damage from her sig ability.

Domino doesn't need to use Ability Accuracy Reduction to inflict Crit Failure. She just needs an ability to fail. Any ability that doesn't trigger 100% of the time can also trigger this. In Attuma's case specifically, it seems like you're likely triggering Crit Failure from blocking as he only has a 15% chance to inflict damage back when struck by a contact attack.

What also could be happening is that Attuma's abilities can trigger mulitples times if their ability accuracy is above (below? lol) 100%. However the additional triggering of the ability would only have a small percent chance of happening and is likely often failing. Probably a terrible matchup tbh but I haven't tried it out.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Mr.0-8-4 said:

Every one of his abilities will keep trying to happen until it doesn’t succeed. That’s part of his reversed AAR allows his abilities to happen multiple times. That means all his abilities will eventually set off crit failure.