**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

My Battlegrounds disappeared [MERGED]

Comments

• __SF____SF__ Posts: 286 ★★
    It was NOT taken down early. It ended at midnight of the day of…. I do agree with the response ratio or response from mods here tho…
  • Sharaf1189Sharaf1189 Posts: 24
    This is just ridiculous and the way that no is responding from Kabam is just disrespectful, it's like YES we know that we missed up really bad but nothing to be done so go and vent out and all will be forgotten, bare in mind that this is a global game so it's not only played by the US time zone, battlegrounds and all the bugs that came with it and all the modders that was finally addressed after the first half of the second season has passed with no action from Kabam for the entire first season and the first half of the second!!! This game mode though it was fun and a new experience is pushing me to uninstall this game and never look back.
  • jschwerijschweri Posts: 52
    Thank you for the response and update Kabam Miike!
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,288 ★★★★
    One thing to note is that the Battleground objectives are still showing up despite there not being a BG.
    If there is an offseason with no battlegrounds, then those objectives should probably be turned off.
  • MD_MoizMD_Moiz Posts: 39

This disappearance of Battlegrounds also happened last week, but it was back in few hours, but it's been more than 12hrs for me, and it's still not back yet
  • ShaazShaaz Posts: 12
    Agreed they should just extend the season by 1 day
  • frodo2377frodo2377 Posts: 313 ★★★

Thanks for adding insult to injury.

Well....they're gone now. lol
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

__SF__ said:

It was NOT taken down early. It ended at midnight of the day of….

Why do people keep saying this like it is relevant?

First of all, BG did not go down on midnight of the 14th Pacific time. It actually went down at 11pm on the 13th.

Second, BG did go down early: it went down eleven hours earlier than the in-game timer described, which is the *only* deadline any normal player could possibly be aware of.

Third, Kabam didn’t actually “take down” BG. It became unavailable due to a bug, probably differential clock related. This was not an intentional disabling of the game mode.
    If it’s just internal game clock issues (which is the only logical explanation), what’s the solution?

No guarantee players would move up, but also no guarantee they wouldn’t. Opportunities for additional points in alliance and solo mode cut short, most significantly for players who were naturally asleep in certain time zones.

I’d think the answer is either (a) nothing, because BGs went off for everyone or (b) an additional amount of each solo and alliance prizes based loosely on where players and alliances wound up before the clock ran out.

If (b), just don’t hold up payout trying to figure out a solution.

Dr. Zola
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

__SF__ said:

First of all, BG did not go down on midnight of the 14th Pacific time. It actually went down at 11pm on the 13th.

Second, BG did go down early: it went down eleven hours earlier than the in-game timer described, which is the *only* deadline any normal player could possibly be aware of.

Third, Kabam didn’t actually “take down” BG. It became unavailable due to a bug, probably differential clock related. This was not an intentional disabling of the game mode.
    If it’s just internal game clock issues (which is the only logical explanation), what’s the solution?

No guarantee players would move up, but also no guarantee they wouldn’t. Opportunities for additional points in alliance and solo mode cut short, most significantly for players who were naturally asleep in certain time zones.

I’d think the answer is either (a) nothing, because BGs went off for everyone or (b) an additional amount of each solo and alliance prizes based loosely on where players and alliances wound up before the clock ran out.

Dr. Zola
    That's a difficult slope to ascend. How do you quantify potential? You can't provide what people *may* have done.
    edited November 2022

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

__SF__ said:

Dr. Zola
    That's a difficult slope to ascend. How do you quantify potential? You can't provide what people *may* have done.
    You can’t. Which is why I suggest doing nothing (a) as a possible approach.

Personally, I don’t think that’s the best approach, but neither do I think there’s any defensible way to estimate where players *might* have wound up.

Easiest thing is to toss an additional amount of shards and BG tokens to everyone in a separate message. Scaling the contents of that message is probably possible based on where each player/alliance finished when the mode went down—it doesn’t make sense to award the same compensatory amounts to Celestial, Platinum and Bronze players.

Dr. Zola
  • DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

__SF__ said:

Dr. Zola
    I'm not saying there's "a solution" because you cannot unring bells, but that doesn't mean there's no problem. In situations like this there's no way to make everyone perfectly whole, because there's no way to answer the counter-factual "what would have happened." However, people lost opportunities and in some cases currencies, and that isn't just a matter of the competition being cut short. Kabam could at their discretion say well, there's nothing we can do, and that's their call. But people saying there's actually no problem at all because "it ended when it was supposed to" are not just wrong, they are wrong in multiple ways.

Also, I do not believe this is a simple matter of the clock being set wrong. If that was the case they probably could have restored access to BGs last night. This may have been set off by Yet Another DST Issue, but the dominos that were triggered off appears, based on the very limited and incomplete information I have, to be more than just something ending early.
  • Mauled said:

Hey all, I have confirmed that the team is aware and we're looking into what happened here. We're not sure why this happened yet but will update you all when I have more information.

Please remember that we do not have an active member of the Community/Kabam team in the Forums 24/7, and that, especially on weekends at midnight, you might not hear back from us right away.

That’s completely understandable, we’ve all got to have a work/life balance. What I would say is that it’s probably worth considering shifting the timings of some of these content releases. A lot of them do seem coincide with times that Kabam employees will most likely be out of office and in the event of something going belly up there’s often an 8 hour lag on the resolution.
    In this specific case, the event was supposed to end when everyone was in the office, and incorrectly ended almost twelve hours earlier when everyone wasn't in the office. That was not something that could be planned for.

There are times when things are explicitly scheduled to happen at poor coverage times, and that should be kept to a minimum. But this wasn't one of those times.
  • frodo2377frodo2377 Posts: 313 ★★★
    As far as a 24/7 support staff goes it depends on your company view. I've expressed this to Kabam before. You're either a global company or you aren't. My opinion is that if you cater to a global audience....you should staff for that. If you don't....you can't consider yourself a global company and should express that to your customer base.
  • Ceo_WakefordCeo_Wakeford Posts: 115

Hey all, we have posted an update here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/319321/battlegrounds-season-2-ending-early/p1?new=1

"Due to an issue still under investigation, Season 2 of Battlegrounds ended 12 hours earlier than expected.

Unfortunately, we cannot extend the already concluded Season without potentially risking other significant issues.

To make up for this, we will be giving all players a package of Elder’s Marks, Trophy Tokens and Victory Shields as an apology when the next season starts.

We are very sorry for this issue, and are working to ensure that it does not happen in the future."

Thnx ,when will rewards sent ? Today or we need couple days more ?
  • AntsiouAntsiou Posts: 169 ★★

Hey all, we have posted an update here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/319321/battlegrounds-season-2-ending-early/p1?new=1

"Due to an issue still under investigation, Season 2 of Battlegrounds ended 12 hours earlier than expected.

Unfortunately, we cannot extend the already concluded Season without potentially risking other significant issues.

To make up for this, we will be giving all players a package of Elder’s Marks, Trophy Tokens and Victory Shields as an apology when the next season starts.

We are very sorry for this issue, and are working to ensure that it does not happen in the future."

Statement says:
    “ To make up for this, we will be giving all players a package of Elder’s Marks, Trophy Tokens and Victory Shields as an apology when the next season starts.”
    So next week would be my guess.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Antsiou said:

Statement says:
    “ To make up for this, we will be giving all players a package of Elder’s Marks, Trophy Tokens and Victory Shields as an apology when the next season starts.”

I believe they meant the Season Rewards.
  • DNA3000 said:

Mauled said:

Hey all, I have confirmed that the team is aware and we're looking into what happened here. We're not sure why this happened yet but will update you all when I have more information.

Please remember that we do not have an active member of the Community/Kabam team in the Forums 24/7, and that, especially on weekends at midnight, you might not hear back from us right away.

That’s completely understandable, we’ve all got to have a work/life balance. What I would say is that it’s probably worth considering shifting the timings of some of these content releases. A lot of them do seem coincide with times that Kabam employees will most likely be out of office and in the event of something going belly up there’s often an 8 hour lag on the resolution.
    In this specific case, the event was supposed to end when everyone was in the office, and incorrectly ended almost twelve hours earlier when everyone wasn't in the office. That was not something that could be planned for.

There are times when things are explicitly scheduled to happen at poor coverage times, and that should be kept to a minimum. But this wasn't one of those times.
    Oh I realise that in this case the scheduling wasn’t the issue but there does seem to be a trend of things going wrong on a Friday evening/weekend that aren’t able to be resolved until the new working week.

Maybe a lot of stuff goes wrong during the week that’s immediately caught before we’re able to take notice of it and activate grumble mode. Considering the revenue this product makes and its global audience, having one poor soul monitoring the forums overnight with a techy fellow who’s able to triage or investigate so at least when the day crew come in it can immediately be resolved would be worth the investment.

Can’t fault the response though in this case.
  • Erza_ScarletErza_Scarlet Posts: 130
    Antsiou said:

Statement says:

He asked about rewards though....not the compensation
  • AntsiouAntsiou Posts: 169 ★★
    Oh my bad, I misread.
  • Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Posts: 466 ★★★

We can change ally or we will lose this rewards? They are different from the season rewards, aren t they?
  • frodo2377 said:

As far as a 24/7 support staff goes it depends on your company view. I've expressed this to Kabam before. You're either a global company or you aren't. My opinion is that if you cater to a global audience....you should staff for that. If you don't....you can't consider yourself a global company and should express that to your customer base.

Kabam is not a global company. Kabam is a development studio with offices in Canada and the US. As far as I'm aware, they have never claimed to be a planetary defense network.

Other companies I work with that are not global companies by this definition. Microsoft, Cisco, Vmware, Oracle. Try getting a hold of anyone at those companies after hours without paying hundreds of dollars an hour.

Another company that does not pass your global company definition: Youtube. Try getting a hold of anyone at any time when something goes wrong. They have 24 hour operations, but they don't even have one hour customer facing support.

Once upon a time, back when licensing worked differently, if you ran into a license reset issue with Checkpoint firewalls you often couldn't resolve that issue on Friday, not for any amount of money. That's because Checkpoint was headquartered in Israel, which was over the dateline, which made Friday in the US (more or less) Saturday over there which was the Sabbath. At the time, Checkpoint was the largest global supplier of enterprise firewalls in the world. But apparently not a global company.
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

__SF__ said:

Dr. Zola
    I'm not saying there's "a solution" because you cannot unring bells, but that doesn't mean there's no problem. In situations like this there's no way to make everyone perfectly whole, because there's no way to answer the counter-factual "what would have happened." However, people lost opportunities and in some cases currencies, and that isn't just a matter of the competition being cut short. Kabam could at their discretion say well, there's nothing we can do, and that's their call. But people saying there's actually no problem at all because "it ended when it was supposed to" are not just wrong, they are wrong in multiple ways.

Also, I do not believe this is a simple matter of the clock being set wrong. If that was the case they probably could have restored access to BGs last night. This may have been set off by Yet Another DST Issue, but the dominos that were triggered off appears, based on the very limited and incomplete information I have, to be more than just something ending early.
    Sounds more complex than I would have thought. They can just double all my rewards then and I will be fine.

Dr. Zola