Options

My Battlegrounds disappeared [MERGED]

1235»

Comments

• Options
    frodo2377frodo2377 Posts: 313 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

frodo2377 said:

As far as a 24/7 support staff goes it depends on your company view. I've expressed this to Kabam before. You're either a global company or you aren't. My opinion is that if you cater to a global audience....you should staff for that. If you don't....you can't consider yourself a global company and should express that to your customer base.

Kabam is not a global company. Kabam is a development studio with offices in Canada and the US. As far as I'm aware, they have never claimed to be a planetary defense network.

Other companies I work with that are not global companies by this definition. Microsoft, Cisco, Vmware, Oracle. Try getting a hold of anyone at those companies after hours without paying hundreds of dollars an hour.

Another company that does not pass your global company definition: Youtube. Try getting a hold of anyone at any time when something goes wrong. They have 24 hour operations, but they don't even have one hour customer facing support.

Once upon a time, back when licensing worked differently, if you ran into a license reset issue with Checkpoint firewalls you often couldn't resolve that issue on Friday, not for any amount of money. That's because Checkpoint was headquartered in Israel, which was over the dateline, which made Friday in the US (more or less) Saturday over there which was the Sabbath. At the time, Checkpoint was the largest global supplier of enterprise firewalls in the world. But apparently not a global company.
    I work IT support that staffs 24x7 for customers/clients. I guess I work for a planetary defense network. Cool.

I expect our vendors to be available to answer support related questions 24x7 since we are staffed for that time frame. It's what we pay support for.

I just have a different world view based on my own 30 years in IT. Everyone has different experiences. :smile:
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,271 ★★★★★

frodo2377 said:

DNA3000 said:

frodo2377 said:

As far as a 24/7 support staff goes it depends on your company view. I've expressed this to Kabam before. You're either a global company or you aren't. My opinion is that if you cater to a global audience....you should staff for that. If you don't....you can't consider yourself a global company and should express that to your customer base.

Kabam is not a global company. Kabam is a development studio with offices in Canada and the US. As far as I'm aware, they have never claimed to be a planetary defense network.

Other companies I work with that are not global companies by this definition. Microsoft, Cisco, Vmware, Oracle. Try getting a hold of anyone at those companies after hours without paying hundreds of dollars an hour.

Another company that does not pass your global company definition: Youtube. Try getting a hold of anyone at any time when something goes wrong. They have 24 hour operations, but they don't even have one hour customer facing support.

Once upon a time, back when licensing worked differently, if you ran into a license reset issue with Checkpoint firewalls you often couldn't resolve that issue on Friday, not for any amount of money. That's because Checkpoint was headquartered in Israel, which was over the dateline, which made Friday in the US (more or less) Saturday over there which was the Sabbath. At the time, Checkpoint was the largest global supplier of enterprise firewalls in the world. But apparently not a global company.
    I work IT support that staffs 24x7 for customers/clients. I guess I work for a planetary defense network. Cool.

I expect our vendors to be available to answer support related questions 24x7 since we are staffed for that time frame. It's what we pay support for.

I just have a different world view based on my own 30 years in IT. Everyone has different experiences. :smile:
    The forums are to discuss MCOC, not to discuss how Game Studios/Kabam differ from other kinds of Tech companies, so we're putting a stop to this conversation right now. You can reach a 24x7 Customer Service team in-game through the Settings Menu.
    This. The Forum is a discussion board first and foremost. It's not Support.
  • Options

Although the times were not posted, the weekly “turnover” happened at midnight (PST) everytime. The season started at midnight on Oct 17. Although the game timer was off, it does say in the original posting it ends on Nov 14. This is how the first season was as well.

Not exactly, I was able to make a final push last season at around this time. The timer is our guide and it being off isn't out fault. If at all it was off, kabam owes us compensation for misleading us.
    I don't understand why there is so much disagreeing on my comment, yet Kabam apologized for the timing issue and offered compensation, which we are grateful for. You'd think I said something wrong or spoke of something that won't benefit everyone. Honestly some people in this community are so negative it's astonishing. Stop being so awful and unreasonable, just disliking peoples' comments for no reason.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,271 ★★★★★
    Tainted said:

frodo2377 said:

DNA3000 said:

frodo2377 said:

The forums are to discuss MCOC, not to discuss how Game Studios/Kabam differ from other kinds of Tech companies, so we're putting a stop to this conversation right now. You can reach a 24x7 Customer Service team in-game through the Settings Menu.
    While what you say is partially true, the way you say it, as always, is rude and passive aggressive as per ur usual behavior. You guys are constantly ruining so many game modes in so many ways and then when a guy comes and say "because ur game has so many bugs, you gotta have better presence IT wise", ur basically telling him to foff. It`s easy : stop making bugs at a better rate than even new content and people won`t tell you to have support 24/7 (even if that is the standard in any gaming company). And you .... you gotta get in soft skills training, you cannot abuse ur clients verbally when they give you polite feedback.
    This is an example of why responses are given in a direct manner. It's not abusive. It's their responsibility to moderate the Forum, and when issues become off-topic, or become a dog pile of issues, they're going to put it back on track.
    The Forum is first and foremost a place for us to discuss the game. They're not here for the express purpose of communicating with the Staff or Devs. It's not a Walkie-Talkie to Kabam. I'm sorry if that offends you, but it's been stated many times, including in the Rules of the Forum, which can and should be read by everyone.
    As for your comment about bugs, it's also been clarified many times by Players and Kabam that making less content isn't going to fix ongoing issues. They're two separate aspects of development. On a side note, it would neuter the data that helps work on the issues.
    Perhaps your perception was that Miike's comments were abusive, but I don't see abuse from that. They're Moderators. It's their job.
  • Options
    Satishp975Satishp975 Posts: 5
    edited November 2022
    Mackey said:

Kappa2g said:

You would think that an in game timer which everyone can see displaying the hours and minutes left that ticks down consistently would be accurate and be the final say over a date posted on the forums with no specific time listed... apparently not. What's even the point of the timer in game then if we can't trust it?

That's the best thing about it, the date did correspond with the in game timer, it should of ended in about 9.5 hours. Trust kabam to get it wrong on 2 fronts 😂
    Yes Kabam please respond