How long are cheaters in BG banned for?

Justin2524Justin2524 Member Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
Not just a few weeks I hope they are banned for LIFE.

Comments

• CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Member Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    i think they dont do perma bans b/c if they mistakenly ban an account that does not or has not cheated they probably couldnt get the account back to the player.
    but personally say obvious hackers should get a perma. shouldnt be a discussion or a 3 strikes.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Member Posts: 1,626 ★★★★

As long as this post is going to last u aren't allowed these posts here and kabam are not likely to think u know what I'll just share this information with Justin he's a nice dude.

But why aren’t we allowed to know? We are very much invested in this. We are the ones that will suffer if they keep repeating their actions?

i think they dont do perma bans b/c if they mistakenly ban an account that does not or has not cheated they probably couldnt get the account back to the player.
    but personally say obvious hackers should get a perma. shouldnt be a discussion or a 3 strikes.

It’s very simple to verify if hey cheated or not. Just ask them to record finishing the fight within the required time, in real time then you can unban them.
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Member Posts: 1,059 ★★★★

It’s very simple to verify if hey cheated or not. Just ask them to record finishing the fight within the required time, in real time then you can unban them.
    its easy simple and obvious... yet i dont 100% confidence that kabam will get it right..
    i wouldnt be surprised when loads of posts show up tomorrow asking why their scores were reduced when they were 100% NOT cheating and probably has something to do with BG being buggy and causing some people to win due to crashing or bugs... but issues are foreseeable.. just not everyone has THE vision
    edited November 2022
    So there’s still no answer to the question I posed.. does nobody here have an answer?

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,488 ★★★★★
    It's not really a question anyone can answer. Kabam doesn't delve too deep into actions in general, and we don't know what actions they're going to take.
    There are different actions for different situations. Sometimes it's a brief ban. Sometimes longer, and sometimes permanent.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    I'm think modding is a perma ban
  • MauledMauled Member, Guardian Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    It’s long time company policy to not name and shame. I don’t have a problem with this provided that action is taken.

If you’re in high level line chats then you’ll know that there have been a couple of very high spending fatalities so it’s not a conspiracy.

I would like to see them banned from the game mode for at least a few seasons as a minimum if it’s not a blanket ban.
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Member Posts: 1,001 ★★★★★
    There will be a range of punishments Kabam can make depending on the severity of the cheating and number of offences they have been found guilty of. Kabam is a business and I’d love to see all cheaters permabanned. But whatever actions Kabam can make, I doubt they will share it with us.

Not just a few weeks I hope they are banned for LIFE.

bans in mcoc:

1st infraction: 7 days
    2nd infraction: 30 days
    3rd: this account had been permanently suspended

usually noob modders will get pinged in different modes so they'll get a 7 going right into a 30 right into permaban. the craftier ones stick to 1 game mode so it takes longer to suss out, like in bgs.

the most successful ones are the ones you can't even tell are modding. I'll leave it at that...
    Thanks.. nice info..

But. Wow so some of these BG blatant modding are looking at just a 7 day ban?

No wonder they are doing it.. it’s too soft.. surely if they are caught intentionally cheating that’s a 2 week minimum ban. This is not like the warning you get posting on a forum.. this os going out of your way and making a conscious effort to cheat.