**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

TASKMASTER...

CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,109 ★★★★
So with this week's EOP #Thunderbolts objective I decided to bring my 5* Taskmaster to R5. It was something I had been planning to do for a while just for fun, and the objective made me stop pushing it aside and finally do it. The fight was fine for the most part (I knew I would have to use a few revives), but it was long. Long because of Taskmaster's very wacky (and uncharacteristic? lol) playstyle.

I think Taskmaster has some interesting things in his kit and doesn't really deserve a rework, and rather a tune-up. Right now I see two main problems with him: his inflexible playstyle, and max sig being needed.

For the playstyle, a lot of people complain that it's awkward and you need to be aggro in order to get the best out of him. I mostly agree with this. Personally, I like the way he requires the player to be skillful. It fits his characters. It does take a while to get used too, but it is very unique and I appreciate that. However, it feels like you can't stop for a second, otherwise you need to restart his rotation and you've just wasted time. My suggestion: the Rintrah synergy that extends the exploit weakness duration should be moved to his base kit. The other thing that sucks while playing him is getting a prompt that you can't complete before the concussions fall off. For this I think being able to just discard the prompt with a heavy would be nice. You use a heavy to end the exploit weakness cool down timer, if you don't like the prompt, use another heavy and the timer starts again. Another option would be to dash back and hold block for 1.2 seconds like Falcon's lock on. Either way, a way to discard/change prompts is needed.

Now the sig. The only way to get the best out of him is at max sig and many players can't justify investing 200 sigs into a champion that is slightly above average. My solution would be to move his current sig to his base kit, and then make the Hawkeye and Crossbones synergies his new signature ability. I don't mind bringing those two along since they are fantastic champions but extra flexibility when building a questing team is always nice. I would also add a bonus ability to his sig: when fighting science champions, debuff potency reduction is increased by a flat 2%-10%. Not game breaking, but it would be a nice bonus for having class advantage and science champions tend to apply lots of debuffs.

Finally, some minor stuff that I would change in his base kit. The damage bonus for every debuff on Taskmaster or the opponent should apply to all attacks but it is capped at 10 (basically it no longer applies to special attacks only). Also, while his super concussion is active, special attacks are guaranteed crits. This would be a nice damage increase.

I came up with this after doing the EOP Scorpion fight and doing a few test fights so I didn't put much thought into this. I don't think it would bring him to the top of the skill class, but it could bring him to the level of champions like Hawkeye and Masacre. I would like to hear your feedback and if there's something else you would change.