**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

BG Matchmaking Changes

ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
Before the change to prevent sandbagging goes live, does anyone have a guess on what it could be?

Comments

• The only ways they could remove sandbagging is doing progression/prestige based matchmaking, which has proven in the past to not work out, or do completely random matchmaking. My guess is victory track would probably be progression based since it doesn't matter too much and just have normal random ladder matchmaking in gladiator circuit
  • BazzingaaaBazzingaaa Posts: 357 ★★★
    They wanna hurry up and fix this.
    I'm uncollected and facing TB + Paragon players with rank 3 6* champs.
    I don't even have a rank 2 6*!
    Yes they have to choose some 2* champs but they just re-roll their choice to change them.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

Yes they have to choose some 2* champs but they just re-roll their choice to change them.

Well, they said shorty after season 3 started and since relics are going live today, my guess is today.
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 970 ★★★★

I'm just gonna wait for a week and let these tryhards rank up before I start doing bgs.
  • SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 572 ★★★
    People keep doing Sandbagging, Kabam must límit champs by progress title
    Mauled said:

I believe that matchmaking is based on your deck prestige now. Rather than just you know..anyone, like it should be. I tested this earlier too. So my first matches, I played with my regular deck:

I’ve not ironed out the kinks to make it sing for this meta yet but it’s what worked well last season - 24 R3s, 6 R4s.

The players I can up against were all around the same roster strength or higher, with the particular highlight being this fellow:

There’s also an unawakened R4 CGR and Rintrah under there.

I decided to switch all my deck to 5* to see what happened:

And these were the two matches I faced:

The difference is black and white, even taking into account that virtually all my my R5 5* are max sig. I’ve put my deck back together now and surprise surprise, it’s back to peers or better. Now I don’t mind fighting whales, I don’t mind fighting my equals, but I still find it a bit unfair that just like it was in AW a year ago, there’s a very clear delineation between two sets of players: those who take this mode seriously and have developed decks, and those who are not at that level.

There is essentially a high road and a low road for bg right now and that is not how it should be. When I reach Diamond I could just switch in my 5* and R2 6* and blitz a load of Thronebreakers and the odd Paragon to get to the circuit.

Interesting, well if that is the case I just hope this won't create new issues. As much as I want sandbagging to stop, I definitely wouldn't want the change to cause another new issue or exploit or whatever.
  • To add to my previous comment, I took my experiment a step further, and filled my deck with only 4* and R3 5*:

The first game I played was against this poor soul:

Needless to say I won.

I’ve decided to push this to see how far I can go. This is my shiny new 3* deck:

And my opponent - who has a 6* Platpool judging by the profile and I’d like to think is doing the same experiment as me but the cynic in me thinks otherwise- luckily he was not good at the game.

Can I make it through 2*? Stay tuned
  • I lost that one against another Paragon slumming it with 2*:

This really needs fixing. It completely ruins the experience.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,209 ★★★★★
    The 3* Gang is pretty cool though.
    They are having way more fun for real lmao.
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,439 ★★★★
    edited November 2022
    Thanks @Mauled for your effort! Question though: When you say „deck prestige“, do you mean top 5 champs of the deck, or average prestige of all 30 deck champs?

I took a bullet and did an experiment myself: Took my top 5 prestige champs (10.5k prestige) and filled the rest up with 1* and 2*…

I got paired with this guy:

Needless to say I lost… But as ist stands, it still seems to be based off of average prestige of the whole deck… So sandbagging should still be working…

Then again: Who knows whether Kabam‘s proposed changes to the matchmaking are even live? 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    Cheaters gonna cheat.

I just play the game and don’t worry about the outcome. Made it to GC last month just playing casually and carefree. I’m not trying to be at the top.

I am fine facing sandbaggers because I have a good roster and sandbagging limits their options. I still think sandbagging is an pathetic admission that you’re not good enough to compete and have to exploit the matchmaking system, but I guess I’d rather face one of those knuckleheads instead of someone with a super stacked roster.
  • Thanks @Mauled for your effort! Question though: When you say „deck prestige“, do you mean top 5 champs of the deck, or average prestige of all 30 deck champs?

I took a bullet and did an experiment myself: Took my top 5 prestige champs (10.5k prestige) and filled the rest up with 1* and 2*…

Needless to say I lost… But as ist stands, it still seems to be based off of average prestige of the whole deck… So sandbagging should still be working…

Then again: Who knows whether Kabam‘s proposed changes to the matchmaking are even live? 🤷🏻‍♂️

It feels like it’s your deck’s average prestige. My 5* deck is quite powerful in that they’re nearly all max sig and there’s a Doom, Herc, HM, Thing etc. who also have high prestige which is why I think I was matching stronger TB players
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,439 ★★★★
    Mauled said:

Thanks @Mauled for your effort! Question though: When you say „deck prestige“, do you mean top 5 champs of the deck, or average prestige of all 30 deck champs?

It feels like it’s your deck’s average prestige. My 5* deck is quite powerful in that they’re nearly all max sig and there’s a Doom, Herc, HM, Thing etc. who also have high prestige which is why I think I was matching stronger TB players
    Yes, I agree… Deck’s average prestige.

BUT: this was the case in last season, too, wasn’t it? So there are no changes to matchmaking, yet…

Mauled said:

Yes, I agree… Deck’s average prestige.

BUT: this was the case in last season, too, wasn’t it? So there are no changes to matchmaking, yet…
    Yes I was about to say the same, it's been like that since last season. Relics are out now though so maybe the matchmaking change is out now as well.