Options

BG node favoring roster strength over skill?

It may just be me, but does the rich get richer node significantly favor those with a deep roster that can construct a deck full of buff heavy champs? I've lost too many matches already because of special 3s that were completely unavoidable. I understand part of winning is having the right champs and counters, but I hate this node mostly because it shifts the balance so much in favor of strong decks with buff heavy champs and power control champs. Having skill to bait specials can only do so much, especially when doing so eats up precious time. Nothing wrong with having a strong deck, I just think roster strength should be more balanced with skilled fighting and this node doesn't seem to do that.

Comments

• Options
    Tijjy007Tijjy007 Posts: 313 ★★★
    Agree
  • Options
    YsFYsF Posts: 151 ★★
    While skill can get you through most parts of the game, when dealing directly with other players in BGs, the roster is just as important. So someone who spent their time/money developing their roster should have an advantage in such a situation regardless of other person's skill.
  • Options
    I agree, but that advantage is already there. This node just amplifies it. If I’m getting matched with sandbagging paragon players with 50+% higher rating, that extra node makes it almost not even worth my time to try.
  • Options
    IamGrO_otIamGrO_ot Posts: 172 ★★
    "To him that hath, more shall be given; and from him that hath not, the little that he hath shall be taken away.…»
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,103 ★★★
    Yeah rich get richer is honestly one of the poorest decisions for bg’s. Completely removes skill from playing
  • Options
    VeryViciousVeryVicious Posts: 30
    IamGrO_ot said:

"To him that hath, more shall be given; and from him that hath not, the little that he hath shall be taken away.…»

I am Groot